Page 86 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3676818283848586878889909196136 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 3039
    So now I will post what was posted that you have not been able to read!

Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    It is time to make this post again...

Here are Answers From this Thread to Frequently Asked Questions

• The tweaks you made under webOS 1.1 will be gone when you upgrade to webOS 1.2.
    • webOS Quick Install 2.6 Tweaks do not work with webOS 1.2 (but app installation does).
    • The webOS Quick Install for webOS 1.2 is expected on 10/3 or 10/4.- - Patches made with Preware should be completely compatible with it.
    • The link to donate to the developer (Jason) is here. Jason's Twitter page
    • To install Preware use the WebOSQuickInstall2.03.jar (instructions).
    • To install available Patches using Preware:
    - - In the Preware Preferences menu set it to Look for "available patches"
    - - Tap List of Everything, then tap A-Z to sort alphabetically, and install Autopatch-feed
    - - Exit Preware and lauch Preware again (or Preware Menu, Update Feeds)
    - - Tap Available Patches to install dozens of patches
    - - Restart after installing patches: Tap Launcher, Device Info, Restart
    • Posts about Preware need to go into the Preware Thread.
    • To remove all webOS 1.2 tweaks, use the webOS Repair Utility with Options->Compatibility Override checked

More info:

- Craig

One correction, you can use any version to install APPLICATIONS ONLY!

I used WebOS Quick Install 2.6 to install Preware and Package Manager installer. That's all you need to install, then you can use Preware, and you won't have to bother with WebOS Quick Install until they come out with the fixed version which is coming by Sunday!

Just make sure you have the phone in DEV mode before you attempt to connect the phone to the USB port! And if you need to find out how to get in DEV mode, go search for that answer!

Hope this helps!

Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 10/02/2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ok. so i went to my local spring store to get my girls instinct working, while i was there the tech had the palm pre. He didnt know anything about the virtual keyboard. So i borrowed his laptop and phone at the store and got the keyboard to work on his. I also tryied it on the live display and it worked on that one. So delete it off mine and reset the entire phone and tried it again on mine. I stil get the error (4) message when installing the keyboard. can anyone give me help
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidward View Post
    ok. so i went to my local spring store to get my girls instinct working, while i was there the tech had the palm pre. He didnt know anything about the virtual keyboard. So i borrowed his laptop and phone at the store and got the keyboard to work on his. I also tryied it on the live display and it worked on that one. So delete it off mine and reset the entire phone and tried it again on mine. I stil get the error (4) message when installing the keyboard. can anyone give me help
    I'm not sure if it will help at all or not but I had an issue connecting to the phone before and I've stopped the service on pc called novacomD and then restarted it (the service, not pc) and it allowed me to connect to my phone and install it. Figure it is worth a shot, if not for you maybe someone else lol
    Last edited by sd7318; 10/03/2009 at 08:37 AM.
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    with 1.2 and 1.2.1 I can bring up the keyboard, but it won't go away after a single tap. It just stays locked. Any advice?
    I am also getting error [4] when trying to install the keyboard with WebOS 1.2 using Preware.

Now, after getting error 4 during install, the keyboard does not work, but it does show up as being installed under Preware.

When I try to remove it using Preware I also get error 4.

Uh oh. What to do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by jkurtw View Post
    I am also getting error [4] when trying to install the keyboard with WebOS 1.2 using Preware.

Now, after getting error 4 during install, the keyboard does not work, but it does show up as being installed under Preware.

When I try to remove it using Preware I also get error 4.

Uh oh. What to do now?
    remove the vk with QI in device management and then remove the vk file in usb then go back to preware and install it again/....worked for me
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

would the virtual keyboard work with 1.2.1 ?? using preware
    I downloaded the VK and it works fine but there is no haptic feedback and no click sound,I used preware to install the VK,I also went into usb VK folder and the is a audio file of a click sound it plays but doesnt work with the VK,I cant seem to find anything else on this fix,Please Help! Thankyou.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whipple View Post
    I downloaded the VK and it works fine but there is no haptic feedback and no click sound,I used preware to install the VK,I also went into usb VK folder and the is a audio file of a click sound it plays but doesnt work with the VK,I cant seem to find anything else on this fix,Please Help! Thankyou.
    It's not broken, you need to manually enable those features. Read the link on the first page.

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Thanks man you the best,it works perfect now .
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    remove the vk with QI in device management and then remove the vk file in usb then go back to preware and install it again/....worked for me

I tried that and i still get the error4. I cant even get the keyboard to install on it. I go back to it and it says to install
    I tried that and i still get the error4. I cant even get the keyboard to install on it. I go back to it and it says to install
    hmm probably when u tried to remove it...it didnt completely remove the VK...if u have already updated to 1.2.1 then u cant use RU till the doctor comes out for that..not sure if it has?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ok heres is a little bit more information on that error installing (4). I click on IPKG Log. Everything is in green exept for this, it is in red (offline root mode: not running or.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst) that message was under Confirm. Then a little bit down under Failed ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation

Then it says
    ERROR: Framework file cannot be found:/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework200_18.jsjsjs

What does all this mean and how can i fix it?
    it means ur missing that file and u need to restore it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    how do i do that. I have deleted the preware and installed. and tried it i get the same message. I have reset the phone and i still get that message. How do you remove the vk if you cant find it. I looked threw the usb on the computer and cant find anything. I also looked under device info and nothing shows up here for vk
    u need to restore the file...2 ways to do it...linux access (which i have no clue) and quick install...easiest way is Repair utility but only if u got the doctor for 1.2.1...if ur still on 1.2 then u can do it
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    so i delete preware off the phone and reinstalle it usint quickinstall.. I have done that like 10 times..
    deleting preware has nothing to do with wut ur experiencing
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

so i delete preware off the phone and reinstalle it usint quickinstall.. I have done that like 10 times..
    wut im saying...u pretty much need the repair utility (which works with) 1.2.1 to repair the file...u dont need to be deleting and installing (10x) preware to fix this
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    i dotn know what version of doctor i have. The only think in that program seems to be just to reset the phone