Page 85 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3575808182838485868788899095135 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 3039
    I'm having trouble uninstalling the virtual keyboard. I've been searching and can't find anything that matches what I've done.

I installed it with preware, possibly v9.0. I tried to uninstall with preware v9.1 and got the error 4 message. Later, when I wasn't looking, my phone upgraded to webos 1.2. Then I found your "Virtual Keyboard File Recovery Procedure" message, but it is only for webos 1.1, so I can't use that. I tried the latest Webos repair utility. It cleared off all of the other tweaks that I had installed through preware, but preware still shows that VK is installed. I also tried deleting the directory with the phone usb connected. I still get the error 4 message when I try to remove it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  2.    #1682  
    Quote Originally Posted by drossing View Post
    I'm having trouble uninstalling the virtual keyboard. I've been searching and can't find anything that matches what I've done.

I installed it with preware, possibly v9.0. I tried to uninstall with preware v9.1 and got the error 4 message. Later, when I wasn't looking, my phone upgraded to webos 1.2. Then I found your "Virtual Keyboard File Recovery Procedure" message, but it is only for webos 1.1, so I can't use that. I tried the latest Webos repair utility. It cleared off all of the other tweaks that I had installed through preware, but preware still shows that VK is installed. I also tried deleting the directory with the phone usb connected. I still get the error 4 message when I try to remove it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Install the terminal plugin and terminal app. Open the terminal app and put in the following:

Code:
    ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    Then run repair utility to make sure you have the 1.2.0 files.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    *Bump* Where is the great E-Money?
    I think you guys need to be in "dev mode"
    In case you don't know how...In card view type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart
    You're saying I need to be in dev mod, go to Preware, and install from there? Or, go into dev mode, enable WebOS QI and do it there? Why would it be available in Preware if you had to get into dev mode?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Install the terminal plugin and terminal app. Open the terminal app and put in the following:

Code:
    ipkg -o /var remove org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    Then run repair utility to make sure you have the 1.2.0 files.
    I think think that fixed it for me. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I have an issue also ! So yesterday in preware I saw the keyboard to install and I go in today to install and it is gone?! what happened? please help!

EDIT: Ok I found it but it says it is already installed.. when I didn't I read the log and hit cancel but either way it won't come up. when I try and use it and it says error when I try and remove it help please someone

EDIT: okay so I figured out that I did not have developer mode turned on and I hit cancel in preware but for some reason it still installed it? How do I get it to work? please help! >_<!
    Last edited by Lucki; 10/02/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    dammm mad problems over here with the v/kb, i all most feel sorry that i have to post my problem with the v/kb. Here we go , i have the vkb but i get no sound, and i cant change the theme any help on this part?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I was already i dev mode.... I did the upup thing to get it there.. I still dont know why it will not do the screen keyboard. under preware i can install the themes and everything else in except for the screen keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidward View Post
    I was already i dev mode.... I did the upup thing to get it there.. I still dont know why it will not do the screen keyboard. under preware i can install the themes and everything else in except for the screen keyboard.
    David,

I'm not sure, but the Virtual Keyboard may have to be installed via WebOS QI. I'm still waiting to see if someone will confirm that to be true.
    No, you can install by preware. I think you have to be in dev mode though.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidward View Post
    Are you sure you were in dev mode? Did your phone re-boot?
    Do I need to uninstall the v/k before I upgrade to 1.2?? I don't want to mess anything up even if it means I lose the keyboard... Also, i'm at work where I have wifi and want to do it now so it doesn't take forever at home where I don't have wifi... Can I safely go ahead with the upgrade to 1.2?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    How do I install a virtual keyboard? This physical keyboard is getting really annoying when browsing in landscape mode. But I don't see a virtual keyboard in the app store.

I'm running OS 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by roxics View Post
    How do I install a virtual keyboard? This physical keyboard is getting really annoying when browsing in landscape mode. But I don't see a virtual keyboard in the app store.

I'm running OS 1.2
    You need to do a search! I know you didnt because there are literally a hundred posts about this on here!

look in the homebrew section!
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You need to do a search! I know you didnt because there are literally a hundred posts about this on here!

look in the homebrew section!
    Yeah well homebrew is out because I'm running OS 1.2 which the Quick Install doesn't work with it. So is there another way?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBiggles View Post
    Do I need to uninstall the v/k before I upgrade to 1.2?? I don't want to mess anything up even if it means I lose the keyboard... Also, i'm at work where I have wifi and want to do it now so it doesn't take forever at home where I don't have wifi... Can I safely go ahead with the upgrade to 1.2?
    I recommend uninstalling it first. I think that's what messed me up. Reinstalling after 1.2 in preware worked for me after emoney helped me out above.
    The virtual keyboard is available with preware. You do not have to be in dev mode for it to work. Just install the patch and then restart your pre. Works great. Also...if you install the patch that makes messaging work when you turn the phone sideways then the keyboard will also work that way and is a bit larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by roxics View Post
    Yeah well homebrew is out because I'm running OS 1.2 which the Quick Install doesn't work with it. So is there another way?

Oh man, you didn't read anything.

WebOS Quick Install will still working if you are installing applications ONLY!

And if you had done the reading on the very first page of WebOS Quick Install message thread you would know that by now.

Its on the first page, man!

Rob

PS This is the very first time getting ****ed over a stupid question!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)