Page 84 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3474798081828384858687888994134 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 3039
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I got the same error(4)

I did some searching in past post and decided to do a full factory refresh.

At first I couldn't initiate the latest webos doctor. First the doc couldn't find my pre, so I rebooted my computer and worked, second the doc couldn't reset my pre (the next button grey error), so I searched and found a trick - remove the back cover, connect your pre to your computer via usb, while plugged in hold the volume up button and pull out the battery, while still holding the up button, put the battery back in. this should start webos doctor.

Completed the whole factory refresh and installed preware from webos quick install. And now I have the virtual keyboard! SO worth the time spent.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Haptic doesn't work in other programs. Whenever I use the virtual keyboard in Twee, there's no haptic but it works fine with messenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Repair Utility.
    which repair utility?

this --> http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html

?
    Last edited by toofast4yourazz; 10/01/2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Quick problem: Sometimes it wont want to actually put in what Im typing into a field. Its not consistent either with this problem, I can close an app and relaunch it and then it will type fine in the field it previously wouldnt. Is this a known issue?
  5.    #1665  
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    yea

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This is more a preware (I suspect) issue, but I'll share.

Today, I went to install the Virtual Keyboard via Preware. It prompted me to install, view the script, or cancel. Realizing that I didn't have developer mode on, I selected cancel.

This cancels the install, but it tells Preware (?) that it's installed. Which means that you cannot reinstall it via Preware, because Preware sees it as installed and only lets you uninstall.

Attempts to uninstall don't work because, well, it's not installed.

I "resolved" by installing via WebOSQuickInstall, so all is well (I think) for me.

Just wanted folks to know that if you cancel the install, you won't be able to use Preware to complete the install.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling Preware?

Sounds like that would help a lot of people who are having problems installing via Preware. Sometime simply restarting Preware would help also. I'm just saying....I've seen it work.
    ha..awesome..by accident brought up the keyboard in the launcher...had no idea this was working now...thats really awesome...only time i really used the hard keyboard anymore...thanks!
    I asked a similar question 3 days ago because I also just got my pre. I was told in the qi threads that friday is the day that the update might be out. people are hoping. thats the best i can tell you
    I have the latest VK and webos 1.2 installed. A few bugs...

1) changing the key keyboard theme doesn't stick. Trying to change it back to default black one doesn't work. Tapping the setting button doesn't bring up the menu to change on anything other than the default theme. In fact, in other themes. The setting cog button is missing and broke.

2) while filling out username/password fields (or other entry boxes with more than one ). The first one works. But am unable to type in the second box with VK. Single tap to hide VK, zoom out with finger swipe, select outside of second box to deselect it, the tap second box and double tap to bring up VK again is the only way to be able to type again...

...I believe this has something to do with how it auto zooms to boxes in 1.2. Whatever the case it prevents you from being able to use VK in second box unless doing what I described to reset the VK.

hopefully you are able to fix this annoying behavior. Thanks!
  10.    #1670  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildSioux View Post
    I have the latest VK and webos 1.2 installed. A few bugs...

1) changing the key keyboard theme doesn't stick.
    Not really a bug as I have no way of storing system-wide settings. Cookies and databases are app-specific which is I why I did not use them to save keyboard theme.

Trying to change it back to default black one doesn't work. Tapping the setting button doesn't bring up the menu to change on anything other than the default theme. In fact, in other themes. The setting cog button is missing and broke.
    The other remix themes that come with the keyboard have a different location for the theme changer button. The bottom left blank key is the theme changer for those themes. Theme designers get to control where the buttons go and what the images for them are, so any other themes you install I don't know.

2) while filling out username/password fields (or other entry boxes with more than one ). The first one works. But am unable to type in the second box with VK. Single tap to hide VK, zoom out with finger swipe, select outside of second box to deselect it, the tap second box and double tap to bring up VK again is the only way to be able to type again...

...I believe this has something to do with how it auto zooms to boxes in 1.2. Whatever the case it prevents you from being able to use VK in second box unless doing what I described to reset the VK.

hopefully you are able to fix this annoying behavior. Thanks!
    There is an invisible margin on the top of the keyboard to give space for the preview keys. You should be able to move the keyboard or scroll the background up a little (start higher than the invisible margin with your finger) to get the 2nd text box into visible touch area.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    yea
    thank you
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    I keep getting error 4when i try to install with preware.

any ideas?
    just reboot the phone and you'll be ok
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I just recently got a palm pre. I tryied to install it on the phone but i keep geting an error (4). Anyone know the answer to the problem.
    I went through all of the instructions by Dieter Bohn and installed the Virtual Keyboard with Preware, but it doesn't show up anywhere. Can somebody tell me how to find it?
    I'm having the same problem with the "error (4)". What could be the problem?

Nevermind now...problem solved thanks to Emoney
    Last edited by cdadams1223; 10/02/2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
    I updated to OS 1.2 yesterday. i want the virtual keyboard and I see in the quick install directions that web os quick install does not work with 1.2. Does anyone have the virtual keyboard with the new 1.2? I am thinking I might have to go back to the previous version of Web OS, but I do not know how to do that. I also see that they will push the new version automatically soon anyway.

The physical keyboard is so small for my fat fingers
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SD Fool View Post
    I updated to OS 1.2 yesterday. i want the virtual keyboard and I see in the quick install directions that web os quick install does not work with 1.2. Does anyone have the virtual keyboard with the new 1.2? I am thinking I might have to go back to the previous version of Web OS, but I do not know how to do that. I also see that they will push the new version automatically soon anyway.

The physical keyboard is so small for my fat fingers
    use preware to install it for right now, the new WOSQI should be out soon,,, if not today.
    I am hope I am not hijacking this thread but I am also having an issue using the virtual keyboard. In a few apps and sometimes in the text messages, I hit enter and it does a line return instead of sending the message. I can use the pullout keyboard and it works fine so it doesn't appear to be an app problem. Would appreciate any help!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomPhreak53 View Post
    I am hope I am not hijacking this thread but I am also having an issue using the virtual keyboard. In a few apps and sometimes in the text messages, I hit enter and it does a line return instead of sending the message. I can use the pullout keyboard and it works fine so it doesn't appear to be an app problem. Would appreciate any help!
    I actually like how it does this... since the keyboard is far enough up to hit the send button anyway, plus to close the keyboard is just one tap......