Page 83 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 3039
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    Type WebOSQuickInstall in the search. You need that first.
    that clears some things up a bit thanks! SO i have to do this on my PC right? i cant from my pre?
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    You have to do it from your PC. Once you have QuickInstall on your computer you will then need to put your pre in "Developer Mode" before the program will recognize your phone.

But last time I knew, people were having troubles with QuickInstall after the 1.2 update. I'm honestly not sure if QuickInstall has been updated to work with 1.2. I do know I read about people messing their Pre's up after trying to install tweaks onto their Pre after the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by siruis View Post
    that clears some things up a bit thanks! SO i have to do this on my PC right? i cant from my pre?
    yep, you need to first do the quick install steps.
    goodluck
    I just installed 1.2 last night, should i wait until quickinstall is updated to work with 1.2?
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    I would advise that just to be 100% safe. But there are folks who have used the current version of QuickInstall with no issues. But I dont believe many people have used the current version of QI to apply tweaks. I believe that is where the issues come into play. So if you are wanting to install the Virtual Keyboard...I would advise waiting.

People were able to get Preware on their phones with no issues though. And I'm pretty sure you can install the Virtual Keyboard through Preware and the VK has been updated to work with 1.2.

I would just advise limited use with QI until its officially updated to work with 1.2.
    Is anyone having difficulty removing the virtual keyboard. I want to install the updated os, however, they suggest you remove the virtual keyboard patch first. When I attempt to remove it via preware I get this message "Error Removing (4)". Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    I wasnt able to remove the virtual keyboard at all. I finally went ahead and risked installing 1.2. I havent had a single issue. The keyboard no longer works but the phone itself and every other feature works just fine.

Not advising you to try that as well...but it worked for me.

I think you have to remove the keyboard using the same means you used to install it. So if you installed it via Preware you remove it via Preware...if you used QI then you must use that to uninstall it.
    now im confused again.. Whats the difference between preware and QI?? i thought they were the same
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    Preware is an application for your phone.

Quick Install is on your computer.

Both can be used to install applications onto you Pre. But in order to get Preware you must use QuickInstall.
    ok so at least for now i cant get either. Since i cant get QI because of 1.2. Any idea as to when it will be updated? I know 1.2 like just came out
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    I honestly couldnt tell you. I'm a newb just like you, lol. I just know what I've read on the forums.
    well anyways i apreciate the help! thanks
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toofast4yourazz View Post
    I originally downloaded keyboard via WebOSQuickInstall.jar and had the problem with the pictures, so I deleted the virtual keyboard foler in usb mode and tried to install it again with the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and there was an error so i updated preware and tried installing thru preware and again i incurred an error..

error is:
    error installing [4]

ipkg log
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'postinst'
    ERROR:mismatch md5sums
    expected: 2ec28f4c3ee55232ccf8b1f142fb92bb
    calculated:946fc9d388f999f680bf24d6c3352e4f
    removing package org.webosinsnternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinsnternals.virtual-keyboard.perm)

Note, Preware does not give uninstall option, only install.. I assume I messed up by not uninstalling it properly, because i just deleted the usb folder like you said in one of your previous posts..

what should i do?
    I have the same issue, except i downloaded it from Preware, wouldnt work, so i uninstalled using preware. Used the WebOS Internals Method using Putty and got the same error.
  15.    #1655  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    I have the same issue, except i downloaded it from Preware, wouldnt work, so i uninstalled using preware. Used the WebOS Internals Method using Putty and got the same error.
    Which method did you use with Putty???

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    the outdated method of raw on localhost. Not my Pre, coworker didnt want to go through the whole SSH thing.
    I originally downloaded keyboard via WebOSQuickInstall.jar and had the problem with the pictures, so I deleted the virtual keyboard foler in usb mode and tried to install it again with the WebOSQuickInstall.jar and there was an error so i updated preware and tried installing thru preware and again i incurred an error..

error is:
    error installing [4]

ipkg log
    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: failure during 'postinst'
    ERROR:mismatch md5sums
    expected: 2ec28f4c3ee55232ccf8b1f142fb92bb
    calculated:946fc9d388f999f680bf24d6c3352e4f
    removing package org.webosinsnternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinsnternals.virtual-keyboard.perm)

Note, Preware does not give uninstall option, only install.. I assume I messed up by not uninstalling it properly, because i just deleted the usb folder like you said in one of your previous posts..

what should i do?
    I really want the keyboard back on my pre.. how can I fix this, does anyone have an idea how to get the VK off my pre completely or somethin to fix it?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I am trying to install the virtual keyboard on my pre but the download option is greyed out on preware after the program update.

does the phone need to be rooted to use the virtual keyboard?
  19.    #1659  
    Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    the outdated method of raw on localhost. Not my Pre, coworker didnt want to go through the whole SSH thing.
    How did you install the keyboard I meant, what commands did you run from the command line.

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  20.    #1660  
    I really want the keyboard back on my pre.. how can I fix this, does anyone have an idea how to get the VK off my pre completely or somethin to fix it?
    Repair Utility.

-Eric G

Donate