Quote Originally Posted by jeeves View Post
    I am having this error too......

where on preware did you find it?
    available patches

then webos
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    comes up really slow on my phone ....
    Anyone read the thread in webOS dev. to allow for a "work around" to bypass the app install limit by making a separate app folder (I believe)? Would something like this solve the keyboard png files showing up in photos by placing all virtual keyboard files in a hidden separate folder (as placing files in the "media" folder causes the png files to show up: to my knowledge)? Is it even possible?
    Last edited by rdethree; 09/29/2009 at 02:38 PM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maydae23 View Post
    Vk icon where showing up in my pictures file how do i get rid of them without messing up my Vk..? please and thank you
    Just to check, it's two folders called funciton, two called lowercase, two called modifiers, and the three remixes, right?

Has anyone tried uninstalling yet? do these folders disappear from Photos?
    Quote Originally Posted by AKraemer View Post
    Just to check, it's two folders called funciton, two called lowercase, two called modifiers, and the three remixes, right?

Has anyone tried uninstalling yet? do these folders disappear from Photos?
    I've been trying all day. I am also seeing these.

I even plugged my Pre in and tried to set those folders attributes to "Hidden".

They are under the root of the Pre under the virtual_keyboard folder.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  6.    #1606  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    Anyone read the thread in webOS dev. to allow for a "work around" to bypass the app install limit by making a separate app folder (I believe)? Would something like this solve the keyboard png files showing up in photos by placing all virtual keyboard files in a hidden separate folder (as placing files in the "media" folder causes the png files to show up: to my knowledge)? Is it even possible?

Hey good idea, anyone want to try this idea:

Code:
    cd /media/internal
    mv virtual-keyboard .virtual-keyboard
    ln -s .virtual-keyboard virtual-keyboard
    Then reboot and tell me if keyboard images show up in photo app?

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  7.    #1607  
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    I've been trying all day. I am also seeing these.

I even plugged my Pre in and tried to set those folders attributes to "Hidden".

They are under the root of the Pre under the virtual_keyboard folder.

Did you reboot after setting the hidden attributes?

-Eric G

Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    No. Let me try that and get back to you.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Did a reboot and they still show up.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Just to clarify what I've done:

- Uninstalled Keyboard via Preware and re-installed
    - Uninstalled Keyboard via preware and re-installed via WebOS Installer
    - Overwrote (?) Keyboard via WebOS Installer
    - Tried to set folder attributes to "Hidden"

None of these work. Even after doing those, the icons and such still appear in my image gallery.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  11.    #1611  
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Just to clarify what I've done:

- Uninstalled Keyboard via Preware and re-installed
    - Uninstalled Keyboard via preware and re-installed via WebOS Installer
    - Overwrote (?) Keyboard via WebOS Installer
    - Tried to set folder attributes to "Hidden"

None of these work. Even after doing those, the icons and such still appear in my image gallery.

None of those could be expected to work aside from hiding the folder. The keyboard is an ipk, it does not matter what you use to install the ipk as long as the installer supports running the postinst script.

Someone should try the suggestion a few posts up

-Eric G

Donate
    does backspace work for anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    None of those could be expected to work aside from hiding the folder. The keyboard is an ipk, it does not matter what you use to install the ipk as long as the installer supports running the postinst script.

It sounds like that has to be done on a rooted pre? If not, how do I do that suggestion?
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09

It works insofar as the files are gone from the photo app, but the keyboard no longer comes up with the double-tap (granted, maybe due to something else I've done between now and my last use), so it looks like I'll have to reinstall the patch.
  15.    #1615  
    Virtual Keyboard v0.4.2 fixes the theme images in photo app problem. Remove your virtual-keyboard folder from usb mode, and then reinstall and reboot.

Also just found out that the keyboard now works in the app launcher (and thus for global search)!!!

The update must have changed the app launcher in such a way that the framework sees itself in a "text" field when the app launcher is up. So global search with vkb now works!!

PS: When you "close" the app launcher it actually just hides, doesn't actually close so the keyboard will stay with it and when your bring it up again the keyboard is there. But like always tap gesture once to dismiss keyboard.

Thanks Palm!

-Eric G

Donate
    Thanks emoney. Back in business!
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Virtual Keyboard v0.4.2 fixes the theme images in photo app problem. Remove your virtual-keyboard folder from usb mode, and then reinstall and reboot.

Also just found out that the keyboard now works in the app launcher (and thus for global search)!!!

The update must have changed the app launcher in such a way that the framework sees itself in a "text" field when the app launcher is up. So global search with vkb now works!!

PS: When you "close" the app launcher it actually just hides, doesn't actually close so the keyboard will stay with it and when your bring it up again the keyboard is there. But like always tap gesture once to dismiss keyboard.

Thanks Palm!
    the only bad thing is when the kb is in the app launcher....u cant move the keyboard up or use the keys at the bottom bc ull hit one of the 5 icons at the bottom...but its still really nice!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    the only bad thing is when the kb is in the app launcher....u cant move the keyboard up or use the keys at the bottom bc ull hit one of the 5 icons at the bottom...but its still really nice!!
    as soon as you start typing, the icons at the bottom goes away. so it sorta works, most of the time
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    as soon as you start typing, the icons at the bottom goes away. so it sorta works, most of the time
    yeah tru but then if u wanna first type something thats at the bottom....so u type something at the top....the the bottom icons go down...so u press backspace all the way and then the bottom icons come back...so naw
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

everyone theres a new patch for the keyboard that deletes the photos from the photo albums!!! just go to preware uninstall the old version and then download the new version and PRESTO! no more pics