Page 79 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Try installing kb from quick install Web OS after applying Jasons OS repair utility.
    I did as you instructed and yet no VK. I copy/pasted into attached txt file, I also ran the WebOS Repair Utility twice. Any other sugestions?

PreDoctor9.25.09.txt
    QUITAR COMPLETAMENTE VERSIONES ANTERIORES DEL TECLADO VIRTUAL PARA INSTALAR LA MAS NUEVA

Nota: Esta guia es una traduccion y adaptacion al espaņol para mejor entendimiento de los hispanoparlantes

Asi mismo, supondremos que ya puedes accesar a la Palm Pre en modo Development con el codigo KONAMI, con los programas novaproxy.py y putty.exe, ademas tener descargado el webOSDoctor.jar, si no sabes de que estoy hablando, te recomiendo primero visitar la pagina de PODERPDA Guia para Instalar EVDO y verificar que tengas todo hasta el paso 11.

Guia adaptada de E_money33 y amrcc de precentral.

Para arreglar el Virtual Keyboard en la Palm Pre:

REQUISITOS:

* Tener instalado WEBOS 1.1
    * PODERPDA Guia para Instalar EVDO(al menos hasta el paso 11)

1. Primero, asegurate de que tienes instalados los programas de la guia de PODERPDA (novaproxy, putty y webosdoctor).
    2. Copia los siguientes 3 archivos en modo USB al directorio principal de tu PALM PRE:

* archivo script hecho por emoney's (clean_kb_files.sh) para borrar el teclado virtual
    * palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    * global.css
    * Pasar al punto 4 si descargaste directamente estos 3 archivos.

Nota: (les coloco aqui los archivos para descarga directa, yo los localice desde el webosdoctor, batallando un poco para sacarlos, pero si desconfian de que tengan virus o algo, intentenlo con las instrucciones en el paso 3. )

3.0Abrir open webOSDoctor.jar con el 7zip (buscarlo en google y descargarlo, es como el winzip) y sigue la siguiente cadena de directorios dentro del mismo /.resources.webOS.tar.nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gznova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    3.1 En esa carpeta, entra a /builtins y descomprime el archivo palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $en$ $tu$ $disco$ $duro$, $para$ $luego$ $pasarlo$ $a$ $la$ $pre$ ($paso$ $2$).
    3.2 regresate hasta la carpeta /mojo y metete a /submissions/191.15/stylesheets para copiar global.css al mismo sitio que el archivo anterior (paso 2)

4. desconecta tu PRE y vuelvela a conectar, colocandola en modo "Solo Carga" (Recuerda que debe de estar en modo development, KONAMI CODE) Ingresa desde windows a tu pre en modo terminal (novaproxy luego putty) en donde debes estar en root@castle
    5. Teclea lo siguiente (linea por linea, son 5 en total)

mount -o rw,remount /

sh /media/internal/clean_kb_files.sh

cp /media/internal/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$

cp /media/internal/global.css /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

mount -o ro,remount /

6. Listo, quitaste el teclado virtual por completo, (recuerda quitar los archivos que copiaste en modo USB en el paso 2 de tu PRE), ahora inicia preware e instalalo de nuevo, o si prefieres usar el WebOSQuickInstall

LO ANTERIOR RECUERDA QUE TENDRAS QUE HACERLO DE NUEVO (desinstalar el teclado virtual siguiendo la esta misma guia) CUANDO QUIERAS ACTUALIZAR A LA SIGUIENTE VERSION DEL WEBOS (1.2.1 tentativamente)

Guia adaptada de E_money33 y amrcc
    Quote Originally Posted by missdeevi View Post
    soooo I usb moded my phone and my computer popped up some scan option (vista) and didn't "fix" anything so I changed the options I wanted in the keyboard folders. Now the keyboard will not come up no matter what I do. I uninstalled and reset, reinstalled, reset. I can double tap the gesture area all day...***? Did my pc do this or what is up? Anyone else have this problem?

so no one answered this, and I finally figured it out...thanks guys (sarcasm of course). Anyway, I guess you HAD been talking about it and I just happened to miss what the heII you meant but yea, I uninstalled the theme and VWALA the keyboard works again. There's a fix for this correct?
    good idea. i can't reliably get the keyboard to pop up though. that said when the one time i did i kinda realized why i hate virtual keyboards. my typing accuracy plummeted.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Does the editable text always appear under the keyboard or was that just me? I keep clicking mid sentence and start entering text from beginning. It annoys me.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyGirl36 View Post
    I did as you instructed and yet no VK. I copy/pasted into attached txt file, I also ran the WebOS Repair Utility twice. Any other sugestions?

PreDoctor9.25.09.txt
    Did you install the GNU (look for it on WebOS QuickInstall or Preware)?
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Did you install the GNU (look for it on WebOS QuickInstall or Preware)?
    No I didn't; reason beeing is that I did not read anything about installing the GNU. I didn't even know what it was or anything untill you sugested it. What exactly is it though? It states that it is "a set of functions for use by applications that allow users to edit command lines as they are typed in", but I am not typing anything in. I know the VK is though, so I can kindna understand that. It also states that I need to "Install Optware Bootstrap first!!!" What is that? Sorry if I seem a bit like a noob, but I rather take baby steps and look both ways then to brick my Pre.

Thank You.
    Hey all, forgive me for the question that is probably silly, but where do I find Jason's repair utility so I can add the two missing files back into my pre? Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vaijem View Post
    Hey all, forgive me for the question that is probably silly, but where do I find Jason's repair utility so I can add the two missing files back into my pre? Thanks for your help
    Here you go silly

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    Steve
    I was having the same problem with my virtual keyboard. What i did was use an older version of WebOSQuickInstall(Version 2.03), and downloaded the vk from there. Its working fine for me right now. This might not be the ideal way to do it but it worked for me.
    hey emoney. i have an idea. can you try to disable everything that is attached to the silver button on the pre and add the keyboard there when it is pressed. i think it is easier then to fins somewhere with lines and then you have to start typing.....
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    It says:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during "postinst" operation
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    which already exists! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

It repeats that over and over multiple times then then very bottom says:

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternal.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

I hope that makes sense to you because it makes no sense to me haha!! Thanks for the help...
    I just tried installing this virtual keyboard for the first time ever via WebOS method and I got this error. I installed the prebrew and was able to install the keyboard that way on the pre.

I am glad I finally did this. Much better than having to slide out the stupid hardware keyboard. Good job on this!

Is there anywhere that lists the features of this?

Thanks
    Thanks much smkcpa
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    i just downloaded the update software from palm everything works fine except the virtual keyboard i get a error code [4] when i go to download it from preware from the available patches sections can any one help what do i have to do to make it work.. my pre is not rooted if that helps
    thanks
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ernest Aguilar View Post
    i just downloaded the update software from palm everything works fine except the virtual keyboard i get a error code [4] when i go to download it from preware from the available patches sections can any one help what do i have to do to make it work.. my pre is not rooted if that helps
    thanks
    I can confirm that it is not working as well. The first thing I did was to uninstall it before the 1.2 update. once 1.2 installed, I tried virtual keyboard but get the error 4, then I plugged in my pre as usb drive, found the folder for virtual keyboard and deleted that as well. But it still did not help, and still got the same error. if anyone actually got to work, I'd be interested to hear it. Thanks.
    With the webos update my keyboard doesn't work. Is there any way to get it back without going back to the first webos.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I got the same thing! any developer reading this we are sending an SOS!!!
    need to wait for new Version to work with 1.2
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    when i try to install using PreWare i get message "error installing [4]". How can i proceed to set up my virtual keyboard. Doesnt work with PreWare or WebOSQuickInstall. Please help. Thanks
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Hi I removed virtual keyboard before updating my Pre right after went back to prewere to install it again now is showing and error also tryed with webos quick intall neither.

any advice??