Page 78 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 3039
  1.    #1541  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Try installing this latest version via quick install 2.5

It shouldn't matter what you use to install the keyboard, the scripts should be run by any advanced installer.

Use Jason's Repair Utility to recover the 2 Palm frameworks files and then install v3.2 of the keyboard and you should be fine.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    It shouldn't matter what you use to install the keyboard, the scripts should be run by any advanced installer.

Use Jason's Repair Utility to recover the 2 Palm frameworks files and then install v3.2 of the keyboard and you should be fine.
    That is what i did and i could update the VK 3.5 and it works. Kind of slow activating compared to the previous version.
  3.    #1543  
    Quote Originally Posted by bgc42169 View Post
    That is what i did and i could update the VK 3.5 and it works. Kind of slow activating compared to the previous version.

But much faster while typing
    But much faster while typing
    yes it is and it is amazing
    Unrelated issue: I find that especially in the browser, if I press Enter on the virtual keyboard (often after entering an address in the address bar), the virtual keyboard gets stuck on screen and won't go away no matter how many times I tap the gesture area. Is this a known bug?
    The enter and delete keys do not work in the browser form/input field. That is a known issue and is a webOS limitation w/o a workaround currently.
    is there a way to upgrade the keyboard if you already have the old one?

emoney... glad you responded. I am a bit green to some of this (that will be obvious) and have been fortunate enough not to have a single issue with all homebrew apps, tweaks, etc. until now. I did see in another post (lucky if I can get back to it now) of to use Jason's Repair Utility but I honestly don't know how to find the two files that need to be recovered. I launch the repair utility and select restore specific file but not sure how/where to browse to find these files. Appreciate your and other members patience and help with this.
    I am encouraged how it appears the fix might be relatively easy using Jason's Repair Utility but I am absolutely dumb on this and I don't know how to recover the two files. I can launch the repair utility, select restore specific file but then where do I find the file?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I uninstalled the old keyboard in prep for 1.2 and just noticed there is still a folder for it containing some type of file my computer cannot execute. Will this cause a problem when I update to 1.2?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This is working out great for me. It's awesome!
    deleted
    Last edited by RINGTONE JOE; 09/24/2009 at 08:27 PM.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    worked, thanks a lot to everyone for their input
    v0.3.2 is in the feed, let me know how the install goes.
    I don't see it in the feed, is it listed as web os v3.2 ? can you post a link. Thanks
    don't know if this will help anyone. This is what i went through to get the virtual keyboard back. I didn't have to use linux or novacom.

Ok. Everything was great, working fine. I had only installed the homebrew apps as of late August. I hadn't run into any problems. I was managing well (and installed many of the tweaks successfully) with webOS QI 2.03 and thought I was keeping a good enough eye out for the update, which came (and I wasn't aware of) and is now at 2.53.

I had Preware 9.0 installed fine (including GNU patch, and was able to install the VK). I even had 69 apps (which I thought the limit was 60). Nevertheless, I saw the update for the VK, proceeded to update via Preware, which isn't possible until the update to Preware. So I uninstalled it thru webOS qi 203, and then tried to reinstall the updated vk also via webOS qi 203.

I believe that therein lays my original problem w/ vk, as I began getting error [4]. Then today I found webOS repair utility, ran it, thought it was great, but still got “Patch Installing Error [4].

Ok, no big deal, I’m currently at removing the tweaks from my Pre from using qi 203. Like post #248, none of the tweaks were checked so I recheck what I had used, then unchecked them. So far so good. If all tweaks are removed w/o a problem, I’ll upgrade to qi 2.53, and see what happens then.
    ===
    update(s)

**My goal is simply to restore the onscreen virtual keyboard**

-Finished removing all tweaks using qi 203 (one checkbox by one + reboot), ran webos repair utility, just in case (since all tweaks have been removed). No errors. Proceeding to upgrade to QI 2.53
    -Clicked Disable all mods (restore from backup)
    -Tried yet again to install vk via preware > same error [4]
    -Tried to install vk via qi 2.53 > Appears to be successful; awaiting reboot. Successful.
    vk reinstalled.
    -Proceeding to reenable previous tweaks. (Don’t know when the webOS 1.2 update is coming or not)
    I noticed after new installation of VK, there was a new service called diffstat. Is this what you added e money for removal of the app properly?
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by mhova21 View Post

Tapping/double tapping in gesture area does nothing. . .

Update: Got the keyboard to function, . . .
    I would Love to know how you got your VK to function. I've installed, uninstalled and rebooted several times with no luck. Any help would be wonderful!

Install and uninstall all from Preware.

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Try installing kb from quick install Web OS after applying Jasons OS repair utility.
    Last edited by ujsc; 09/25/2009 at 05:32 AM.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Somtimes my VK has a mind of it's own or maybe I'm doing something wrong. Is there anywhere specific that I need to tap in on the gesture area to actually bring the keyboard up? Left or right side? I tapped all around the gesture area and some times it came up , sometimes it didn't. What I am doing is tapping twice in either side of the gesture area. What should be the correct method? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    Im having the toughest time updating my keyboard. I've tried to read thru previous post and Im lost can someone help me get a clear process of what to do? Thanx