Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    This has put my Pre into an infinite reset loop.

How do I stop it?

- Craig
    I used Jason's webos Repair Utility. It found the problems even though the Pre never quit rebooting (so the loop was in Luna). That fixed the endless reboot loop.

Tried to install the keyboard via Preware and still got the Error 4 mesage.

- Craig
    How do I open novaterm??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    It says:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during "postinst" operation
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    which already exists! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

It repeats that over and over multiple times then then very bottom says:

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternal.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

I hope that makes sense to you because it makes no sense to me haha!! Thanks for the help...
    I am getting that exact message.

- Craig
  4.    #1524  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    I am getting that exact message.

- Craig

OK all I'm going to go update the keyboard patch to include the removal of those files, so give me like 15-20 minutes for the autobuilder to get it out.
    I tried with novaterm, didn't have any luck. Guess I'll wait for you to get the new patch...

I'm guessing I should go ahead and run the RepairUtility so that I'm starting from scratch?

Thanks for all your help, its much appreciated.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  6.    #1526  
    I tried with novaterm, didn't have any luck. Guess I'll wait for you to get the new patch...

I'm guessing I should go ahead and run the RepairUtility so that I'm starting from scratch?

Thanks for all your help, its much appreciated.

OK v0.3.2 should be in the feed within 15 minutes. This should fix any leftover file creation problems as well as any uninstall issues.

If there are installation issues run the RepairUtility to recover the 2 files and that is all that should be needed.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I also get error 4 message
    Ok so run the RepairUtility and after its complete load on these two files
    (/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css) and then just wait for the new version to show up in the feed??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  9.    #1529  
    Ok so run the RepairUtility and after its complete load on these two files
    (/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css) and then just wait for the new version to show up in the feed??
    yep
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    yep
    Ok cool...RepairUtility ran, seemed fine. Loaded those two specific files on so I guess now i'll wait. Thanks, E
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  11.    #1531  
    Ok cool...RepairUtility ran, seemed fine. Loaded those two specific files on so I guess now i'll wait. Thanks, E
    v0.3.2 is in the feed, let me know how the install goes.
    Wow, you're the man. Thanks so much for your work, it looks AWESOME!!!!
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Ok last question then I'll shut up...When I need to uninstall for the new WebOS 2.1, I need to go to preware and just click remove, is that right??

Also, I think this has been mentioned but the ENTER key does not work, is that correct?
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  14.    #1534  
    Wow, you're the man. Thanks so much for your work, it looks AWESOME!!!!
    We can all Thank un_designer for the awesome new default theme

I'm glad we now have an easy solution for installation issues. Happy tapping :P

Good night.
  15.    #1535  
    Ok last question then I'll shut up...When I need to uninstall for the new WebOS 2.1, I need to go to preware and just click remove, is that right??

Also, I think this has been mentioned but the ENTER key does not work, is that correct?

Yea you should be able to uninstall it just fine. I haven't fully tested but the installation/removal process is supposed to be OTA-proof in v0.3.2. And backspace/enter do not work in the webview only.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Having issues installing the latest version of the Virtual Keyboard. I have updated to the latest Preware and when i try to install the new version i get error 4.

I have previous version but there is no way of uninstalling since it does not show up in Preware or WebOSinstall for uninstall.

HELPPPPPP.
    Having some troubles getting this virtual keyboard setup correctly.

I attempted to download/install via QuickINstall, but received some kind of error message.

Moved on to Preware, selected Virt Keyboard from available patches, clicked install, clicked ok to script, got message "Patch install compeleted, luna needs to restart". Tapped ok, went through the restart.

Tapping/double tapping in gesture area does nothing. Also, I noticed there is no Virtual Keyboard directory present in USB mode.

P.S. Not sure if this has any relation to the keyboard issue, but I'm receiving error 4 message when attempting to install themes through preware.

Update: Got the keyboard to function, however, whenever I bring up the launcher, the keyboard takes up the bottom half of the screen. The icons that are visible cannot be clicked for some reason.
    Last edited by mhova21; 09/24/2009 at 10:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I originally got the error 4 message trying to install vk. There is a new version of vk 3.2 which was deployed last night. I believe it removes post installation files and vk installed without issue.
    While I can live without it this error message and not being able to get the latest vk installed is a bit frustrating. I had the previous vk but with the latest I am getting the install error via preware and the other error trying to install through WebOSQuickInstall. I believe I have attempted most of the tricks and guidance to remedy based on related posts but I still cannot get the latest to install. There does not appear to be any solution offered as yet but if anyone has stumbled on it somewhere else in in precentral please advise.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhollo View Post
    While I can live without it this error message and not being able to get the latest vk installed is a bit frustrating. I had the previous vk but with the latest I am getting the install error via preware and the other error trying to install through WebOSQuickInstall. I believe I have attempted most of the tricks and guidance to remedy based on related posts but I still cannot get the latest to install. There does not appear to be any solution offered as yet but if anyone has stumbled on it somewhere else in in precentral please advise.
    Try installing this latest version via quick install 2.5