Page 76 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    To fix vk directly on the Pre:
    1. make sure you have the terminal app: (if not install with QI or Preware)
    2. put emoney's script file (clean_kb_files.sh) at the root on the usb partition
    3. open webOSDoctor.jar with 7zip and follow this chain of tar files/folders
    .resources.webOS.tar.nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gznova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    3.1 from there go to /builtins folder and copy palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $to$ $the$ $root$ $on$ $the$ $usb$ $partition$
    3.2 go back up to mojo folder and down to /submissions/191.15/stylesheets folder and copy global.css to the root on the usb partition
    4. start terminal
    5. follow emoneys directions but add in two lines before you ro it
    type
    mount -o rw,remount /
    sh /media/internal/clean_kb_files.sh
    cp /media/internal/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$
    cp /media/internal/global.css /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    mount -o ro,remount /
    6. start up preware and install vk
    7. double tap in the g-spot and start typin on the vk
    8. <get ready to remove it again <strike>on Thursday</strike> next week>
    9. delete the files you copied to the root of the usb partition

WIIIIIIIIIIII ITS WORKS FINE FINALLY THKS A LOT MATE!!!!!!

IT REALLY WORKS, I RECOMEND THAT ... I DID THE SAME AND FINALLY WORKS..by the way, another thing, my carrier is still International and 1x X(some1 knows what's happen!!!!

follow me on twitter: jobnoe
    just installed the virtual keyboard works great! a fews to get'n it but well worth it great job, just waiting on the landscape ver.
  3.    #1503  
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican View Post
    just installed the virtual keyboard works great! a fews to get'n it but well worth it great job, just waiting on the landscape ver.
    The keyboard has always worked in landscape mode, so long as the app you are using supports it.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Emoney. I just cleaned up phone and uninstalled vk. I am still running Quick Install 2.30. Should I install Quick Install 2.50 prior to virtual keyboard or vica versa
    Last edited by ujsc; 09/23/2009 at 10:34 PM.
  5.    #1505  
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    Emoney. I just cleaned up phone and uninstalled vk. I am still running WebOS2.30. Should I install WebOS2.50 prior to virtual keyboard or vica versa

Are you talking about Quick install? I don't think it should effect anything, but I don't know the details of Quick Install so you'd have to ask Jason if there's any issues in that department. The keyboard should just be an "advanced" homebrew package in the eyes of the installers. I use Preware for my testing and don't have issues, I can better support Preware questions. Let me know how you make out
  6.    #1506  
    Everyone with Installation issues you can use Jason's new Repair Utility to recover the 2 frameworks files:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    So once we have restored those, what way do you recommend we use to install the VK...PreWare or QI??
    Last edited by meangreengdub; 09/23/2009 at 11:16 PM.
    Ok, I gotta thank all you guys. I got it all sorted out. I had the problem that I could not uninstall virtual Keyboard and was getting the "[4]" error.

I was trying to fubmle my way thru emoney's post and amrcc and between those two and LUCKILY Jason Robitaille released his l WebOS Repair Utility.I was trying to get thru navigating Linux but the utility was just great!

Thanks again to all you guys.....now I rushed to prep the phone for the update.... now there's talk of a delay.

Oh well...I got my VK reinstalled and my tweaks ...only thing is my phone is VERY sluggish.

Anyone experience this. All applications, all commands just take forever . Gonna undo it all and re-do slowly and see if I can find the culprit.

DT
    What did you use to install it?
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  10.    #1510  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    So once we have restored those, what way do you recommend we use to install the VK...PreWare or QI??

It "shouldn't" matter as all installers should follow the standard ipkg advanced homebrew ecosystem. However, I only test installing with Preware when I develop/release it.
    Ok...so just go to Preware and find the VK and hit install? I've had the VK on my phone before but it seems all different now so I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  12.    #1512  
    Ok...so just go to Preware and find the VK and hit install? I've had the VK on my phone before but it seems all different now so I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

Yup, and any for any future updates you want to REMOVE and then go back and INSTALL. Preware should only have a remove option when the keyboard is installed.
    I went ahead and tried it with Preware, it went through but then it would never come up on my phone when I double tapped in the gesture area. I looked in QI and it said it was on my phone so I tried to Uninstall and I got an error.

I then went to Preware where it said I could install but alas, Error 4 popped up again. What am I missing??
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  14.    #1514  
    I went ahead and tried it with Preware, it went through but then it would never come up on my phone when I double tapped in the gesture area. I looked in QI and it said it was on my phone so I tried to Uninstall and I got an error.

I then went to Preware where it said I could install but alas, Error 4 popped up again. What am I missing??

You just did all of this now?? Why didn't you uninstall from Preware? I suggest you do the Repair Utility again, verify install/uninstall with Preware. Notify Jason if QI is giving errors but not Preware. Once you install it with Preware and it restarts Luna, then it was successful so either the theme/config files are messed up or the double tap isn't registering (500-600ms between taps max).

You should double tap the gesture bar while a text field is active and wait a couple seconds for it to draw. A triple tap might cancel it.
    I did what you said....Ran the repair utility and verified that the VK did not show up on my phone. I first tried to install via Preware, no luck. I then went back to the Repair Utility and loaded the two files you suggested loading if we were having issues. Went back to Preware, and still get the error 4.

The first time I loaded those 2 files on, I installed via QI and it said it worked but the VK never showed up on a double tap.
    NOOOOOOORTH!
  16.    #1516  
    I did what you said....Ran the repair utility and verified that the VK did not show up on my phone. I first tried to install via Preware, no luck. I then went back to the Repair Utility and loaded the two files you suggested loading if we were having issues. Went back to Preware, and still get the error 4.

The first time I loaded those 2 files on, I installed via QI and it said it worked but the VK never showed up on a double tap.

when you get the error in preware, go to app menu and then ipkg log and report what it says. If the files aren't repaired properly (stock webos 1.1.0 files) it will give you an error of md5sum and tell you calculated: and expected:
    Took me awhile to install, but not bad.
    It says:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during "postinst" operation
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    which already exists! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

It repeats that over and over multiple times then then very bottom says:

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternal.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

I hope that makes sense to you because it makes no sense to me haha!! Thanks for the help...
    NOOOOOOORTH!
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Everyone with Installation issues you can use Jason's new Repair Utility to recover the 2 frameworks files:

/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...r-utility.html
    This has put my Pre into an infinite reset loop.

How do I stop it?

- Craig
  20.    #1520  
    It says:

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during "postinst" operation
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmlnitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    which already exists! Assume -R [n]
    Apply anyway [n]
    Skipping patch
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

It repeats that over and over multiple times then then very bottom says:

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternal.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

I hope that makes sense to you because it makes no sense to me haha!! Thanks for the help...
    Yes it does, means there are leftover files created from a past install. Use my script found here (step 3 alternative):

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190

Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    This has put my Pre into an infinite reset loop.

How do I stop it?

- Craig

Run the clean_kb_files.sh script and see if that stops it? I assume it is an infinite luna reboot and not the actual kernel rebooting.