Page 75 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 3039
  1. spalm's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #1481  
    I'm also having the Patch Error installing [4]. Any ideas?
  2. #1482  
    Looking forward to the official launch of the virtual keyboard. WebOS 1.2.1 anyone?
  3. #1483  
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    To fix vk directly on the Pre:
    1. make sure you have the terminal app: Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals (if not install with QI or Preware)
    2. put emoney's script file (clean_kb_files.sh) at the root on the usb partition
    3. open webOSDoctor.jar with 7zip and follow this chain of tar files/folders
    .resources.webOS.tar.nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gznova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    3.1 from there go to /builtins folder and copy palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $to$ $the$ $root$ $on$ $the$ $usb$ $partition$
    3.2 go back up to mojo folder and down to /submissions/191.15/stylesheets folder and copy global.css to the root on the usb partition
    4. start terminal
    5. follow emoneys directions but add in two lines before you ro it
    type
    mount -o rw,remount /
    sh /media/internal/clean_kb_files.sh
    cp /media/internal/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$
    cp /media/internal/global.css /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    mount -o ro,remount /
    6. start up preware and install vk
    7. double tap in the g-spot and start typin on the vk
    8. <get ready to remove it again <strike>on Thursday</strike> next week>
    9. delete the files you copied to the root of the usb partition
    10.
    The second copy of the framework stylesheets would not recognize for some reason. tried typing it twice...i wonder if this would really work for me. Ive learned a hell ova lot today doin this stuff. I wish it would work. But now i do have the builtins on my Pre, do i need to go ahead and get rid of it?
  4.    #1484  
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    The second copy of the framework stylesheets would not recognize for some reason. tried typing it twice...i wonder if this would really work for me. Ive learned a hell ova lot today doin this stuff. I wish it would work. But now i do have the builtins on my Pre, do i need to go ahead and get rid of it?
    get rid of what? Which copy did not work? From the Pre terminal?
  5. #1485  
    I ran the new WebOSRepair Utility and I STILL CAN'T get the VK to work. My Pre is not rooted and I don't want to root it. All these directions to get it on are only if your Pre is rooted correct??
  6.    #1486  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    I ran the new WebOSRepair Utility and I STILL CAN'T get the VK to work. My Pre is not rooted and I don't want to root it. All these directions to get it on are only if your Pre is rooted correct??

    I don't think the Repair Utility checks the /usr/palm/frameworks/ directory... according to one of Jason's comments in that thread it only checks /usr/lib/luna/* and /usr/palm/applications/*

    Your Pre is rooted by Palm, the directions show you how to access a linux command prompt to restore the files.

    You can use Quick Install's send file ability to restore the 2 files after extracting them from the doctor image. And then you only need to run my attached script from novaterm to remove any leftover created files.
  7. #1487  
    ok installed it. ran it the first time it worked. Now nothing is coming up? How do I activate the keyboard? I changed the theme and after that I coulndt change it back. My VK is not working.
  8.    #1488  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    ok installed it. ran it the first time it worked. Now nothing is coming up? How do I activate the keyboard? I changed the theme and after that I coulndt change it back. My VK is not working.
    How did you change the theme?
  9. #1489  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    How did you change the theme?
    Using the on the fly theme changer. It was a settings button on the left bottom corner. When the theme changed I tried to press the same button but it was not working....
  10.    #1490  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    Using the on the fly theme changer. It was a settings button on the left bottom corner. When the theme changed I tried to press the same button but it was not working....
    What theme did you change it to? Aside from the default LPC theme, all the other current themes I believe have the theme selector button assigned to the bottom right blank key.
  11. #1491  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    What theme did you change it to? Aside from the default LPC theme, all the other current themes I believe have the theme selector button assigned to the bottom right blank key.
    The icey theme.

    How do we activate the keyboard?
  12. #1492  
    Arg, I've had the keyboard working fine in the past. I had removed all tweaks for 1.2, but then saw there was a keyboard update and wanted to try it out. So I've been trying to get it done, but I also get error 4. I have removed all files that may have been left over, repaired all modified files, and made sure the keyboard did not show up in USB mode. Preware .90 says I don't have it installed(which I don't), package manager is up to date, yet something is still going wrong.

    Not that big of a deal, with 1.2 coming out, I'll just worry about it after it's release. Thought I'd just chime in that restoring, deleting, and updating all files doesn't seem to be helping.
  13.    #1493  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    The icey theme.

    How do we activate the keyboard?
    double tap gesture area when a text field is active
  14.    #1494  
    Quote Originally Posted by pychozoundz View Post
    Arg, I've had the keyboard working fine in the past. I had removed all tweaks for 1.2, but then saw there was a keyboard update and wanted to try it out. So I've been trying to get it done, but I also get error 4. I have removed all files that may have been left over, repaired all modified files, and made sure the keyboard did not show up in USB mode. Preware .90 says I don't have it installed(which I don't), package manager is up to date, yet something is still going wrong.

    Not that big of a deal, with 1.2 coming out, I'll just worry about it after it's release. Thought I'd just chime in that restoring, deleting, and updating all files doesn't seem to be helping.

    You must not have actually repaired/removed all files. The folder that appears in USB mode is for the most part separate from the keyboard patch. It ONLY contains themes and config options. This folder will NOT cause any problems in an install whether it exists or not. The "leftover" files that can cause installation problems are not accessible through USB mode.
  15. #1495  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    You must not have actually repaired/removed all files. The folder that appears in USB mode is for the most part separate from the keyboard patch. It ONLY contains themes and config options. This folder will NOT cause any problems in an install whether it exists or not. The "leftover" files that can cause installation problems are not accessible through USB mode.
    You were right. I removed them again(making sure it was in write mode this time) and it worked fine. New keyboard is a pretty nice improvement. Just need that good ol' spelling fixer. :P
  16. Mpre's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #1496  
    Is this a bug? the delete button (x) isn't working. Its the latest version keyboard.

    I'll try to reinstall it to see if it could be fixed. Other than that....great work the new layout looks great!
  17. #1497  
    I was having a hard time with the removal error 4 and just wanted to post my 2 cents.

    I tried the terminal monter fix multiple times with no avail and preware couldn't uninstall the keyboard, hence the error...

    So to fix I uninstalled first using quickinstall and after getting an error with that, I tried the preware uninstall one last time and viola! Success! I was able to reinstall and everything is good. ihope this helps someone
  18. #1498  
    soooo I usb moded my phone and my computer popped up some scan option (vista) and didn't "fix" anything so I changed the options I wanted in the keyboard folders. Now the keyboard will not come up no matter what I do. I uninstalled and reset, reinstalled, reset. I can double tap the gesture area all day...***? Did my pc do this or what is up? Anyone else have this problem?
  19. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #1499  
    When I am in novaterm, I cannot paste anything.
    Everytime I type something in the novaterm, I get this:
    Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

    Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
  20. #1500  
    Both Quick install and Preware failes to install this keyboard, error 4 in preware. Think the old build is hosing things up and forcing a webOS doctor but wating for 1.2 patch.

Posting Permissions