Page 74 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 3039
    I installed the virtual keyboard and all was well for a bit. Then randomly while writing a text using qwerty keyboard my cursor started jumping ahead as if my spacebar was being hit over and over again. I tried closing messaging and opened the web and it did the same thing with the cursor. In an attempt to fix this I uninstalled the virtual keyboard and then my physical qwerty keyboard wouldn't work. I rebooted the phone numerous times and had no luck. Finally I re-installed the virtual keyboard and uninstalled it again and rebooted yet again and my qwerty keyboard started working again. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Now I am afraid to re-download the virtual keyboard in fear that it may cause similar issues. Any ideas as to why this may have happened?
  2.    #1462  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    What in the WORLD?? Why all the sudden is it so hard for everyone to get this VK on their Pre??? I had it on mine Sunday and took it off Monday in anticipation for WebOS 1.2 and now it's like performing brain surgery to get it on. I use to be able to get on Preware and get but now nothing. Great...

There must have been something wrong in the way people uninstalled. All these installation issues are due to leftover files, which I cannot reproduce using Preware v0.9.0.

I've installed v0.1.3 and go to Preware and get only a remove button, removes fine and then I go back and install v0.2.6 fine.

The only solution I can offer are the detailed steps in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1910190
    I believe I uninstalled it by open up the Pre via USB on my laptop and deleting the VK file. Was that not the right way to do it??
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    There must have been something wrong in the way people uninstalled. All these installation issues are due to leftover files, which I cannot reproduce using Preware v0.9.0.

I've installed v0.1.3 and go to Preware and get only a remove button, removes fine and then I go back and install v0.2.6 fine.

The only solution I can offer are the detailed steps in this post:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1910190
    Maybe these people updated to Preware 0.9.0 but did not update the Package Manager Service 0.9.4 and are running an older ipkservice which did not handle the prerm or postinst correctly?

Perhaps they should also list the version of Package Manager Service in addition to the Preware version.

Hope this helps... plee3
  5.    #1465  
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    I believe I uninstalled it by open up the Pre via USB on my laptop and deleting the VK file. Was that not the right way to do it??

NO. The VK folder seen from USB mode contains configuration and theming. None of the actual patch code can be seen from USB mode. This folder will be created upon install if it doesn't exist and default configuration/themes added to it.

You must remove the keyboard from an advanced installer like Preware. You should be able to remove it from Quick Install as well. There should never be an option to "update" the keyboard. The update path currently is "remove" and then "install"
    So now knowing what I did, how can I put the new VK on my Pre??
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I unfortunately cannot support all specific installation issues through the forums. I can however give a detailed howto in order to resolve all installation issues.

You should be using the latest version of Preware, and you should be able to uninstall/install versions of the keyboard without issues. However if you find yourself in a situation where another uninstall has left files modified or touched, the following is the only 1-solution-fits-all I can offer:

First and foremost, make sure that the keyboard patch does not show up as installed in Preware. There are 2 Palm files that get modified by the patch and must be pristine copies from stock 1.1.0. You can get these 2 files from the webos doctor and restore them. Then you must delete any files that the patch created that may have been left over from a bad uninstall.

I know there are some people that are hesitant to "root" their pre, but this is NOT "rooting". This is simply using Palm supplied tools to access the underlying linux shell that runs underneath every WebOS on everyone's Pre. You are not modifying your Pre in any way aside from turning developer mode on which is what you have to do to install any advanced homebrew anyway.

Step 1
    Go through the procedure to get novaterm running on your computer:
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

This simply consists of downloading the official Palm SDK and running the novaterm program.

Step 2
    Get the following 2 files from the WebOS 1.1.0 webos doctor image, and restore them to your Pre.

Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$191$.$15$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

Step 3
    Run novaterm and run the following commands to delete any leftover files

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_ch/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_ch/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_ch/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_de/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_de/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_de/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ca/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ca/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ca/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ie/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ie/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ie/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_mx/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_mx/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_mx/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ca/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ca/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ca/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nb_no/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nb_no/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nb_no/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nl_nl/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nl_nl/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nl_nl/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pl_pl/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pl_pl/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pl_pl/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_br/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_br/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_br/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_pt/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_pt/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_pt/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/ch****lector-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/ch****lector.html
    mount -o ro,remount /
    Step 3 - alternative (script)

• Download the attached zip
    • Unzip the clean_kb_files.zip
    • Open clean_kb_files.sh in a text editor to verify nothing malicious is going on
    • Hook your pre up in USB mode
    • Copy clean_kb_files.sh file into the USB device on your PC
    • Take Pre out of USB mode and put in charge only mode
    • Open novaterm
    • type the below code into novaterm

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    sh /media/internal/clean_kb_files.sh
    mount -o ro,remount /
    If you are unable to work through these steps, the alternatives are to either run the webos doctor to get back to the factory default 1.1.0 WebOS, or join us on freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) channel #webos-internals for "real-time" support.

Please anyone with problems installing, or anyone who sees anyone else with problems installing link back to this post.
    looking for a little help guys, I read his fix and it sounds like this is my issue with the keyboard...

so I'm getting ready for the update coming up so looking to remove the patches and tweaks. In preware, it shows that the there is an available patch. open that up and it is the VK. but wait, I have it installed already. Just to make sure, I open a text, double tap and bam, there it is. so I go back to preware and click on the VK and it only gives me 1 option "install". so I treied to install it and got an error code 4. So I went into quick install to see if I could remove it there and NOPE, same error. So I think I qualify for this fix right?

so I'm reading about this and not sure where I unzip into the SDK to get the novaterm?

So if I read this right, after I find a way to get novaterm, I just add those codes line by line?

Can I add these to quick install?

and on step 2, can I just copy and paste those codes, or do I need to find them?

any help would be great, thanks
    Last edited by Robdmau; 09/23/2009 at 01:09 AM.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    emoney: dude over in irc says the lines with stars at the end seem to be typeos cause they left a two files after he ran all the lines one at a time:
    He thinks they should be...
    ch****lector-ls.html ch****lector.html
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amrcc View Post
    emoney: dude over in irc says the lines with stars at the end seem to be typeos cause they left a two files after he ran all the lines one at a time:
    He thinks they should be...
    ooohhhh...forum thinks they are swear words

got to replace the **** with ar se without the space
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    ok now to the cool part:
    you can do all this quite a bit quicker AND DIRECTLY ON THE PRE if you put the emoney's script on the usb partition in the root and just run the script in the terminal app (scary black screen). Directions to follow...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    To fix vk directly on the Pre:
    1. make sure you have the terminal app: Application:Terminal - WebOS Internals (if not install with QI or Preware)
    2. put emoney's script file (clean_kb_files.sh) at the root on the usb partition
    3. open webOSDoctor.jar with 7zip and follow this chain of tar files/folders
    .resources.webOS.tar.nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gznova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo
    3.1 from there go to /builtins folder and copy palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $to$ $the$ $root$ $on$ $the$ $usb$ $partition$
    3.2 go back up to mojo folder and down to /submissions/191.15/stylesheets folder and copy global.css to the root on the usb partition
    4. start terminal
    5. follow emoneys directions but add in two lines before you ro it
    type
    mount -o rw,remount /
    sh /media/internal/clean_kb_files.sh
    cp /media/internal/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/$palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$
    cp /media/internal/global.css /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    mount -o ro,remount /
    6. start up preware and install vk
    7. double tap in the g-spot and start typin on the vk
    8. <get ready to remove it again <strike>on Thursday</strike> next week>
    9. delete the files you copied to the root of the usb partition
    Last edited by amrcc; 09/23/2009 at 02:48 AM.
    listen please help me i been working on trying to install the keyboard for 2 weeks now and i jus gets errors i need sum help bad i went step by step and still having no luck may u guys can . i follow all the links i went i got another computer and it still sont work keeps telling me no devices found i even try to root it n that dont work
    Hey emoney...not sure if this has been covered...its a minor problem but could get annoying...when I'm texting with the virtual keyboard and I get a notification and I go to it the text app gets minimized like normal and I go the to app that I got notified like normal or it could be me minimizing text app so I can check something else...Now when I go back to the text app with the keyboard still open (which I like a lot) so I don't have to double tap again...the problem is when (I think) tap to maximize the text app...a letter gets pressed...its a very minor issue but could that get fixed? And did you understand wut I meant?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I have installed the virtual keyboard. When I double tap in the gesture area it works about 50% of the time. Any idea? does it have to be a slow tap? fast tap? does the light need to come on?

I have a phantomskinz over the screen - does that screw it up?

Is there an onscreen button one can hit to bring up the keyboard?
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    when i double tap it takes about 3 seconds to open so u have to be patient
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyo811 View Post
    I have installed the virtual keyboard. When I double tap in the gesture area it works about 50% of the time. Any idea? does it have to be a slow tap? fast tap? does the light need to come on?

I have a phantomskinz over the screen - does that screw it up?

Is there an onscreen button one can hit to bring up the keyboard?
    It takes about 3 or 4 seconds to open so you just have to be patient, and if you double tap again before it opens it closes it sometimes.

at least thats what i figured out
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    How do you get the key board to go away. I have tried to swipe it away but no luck
    I'm having an issue with an error - "ERROR 4" everytime i try to install it and advice?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippyRay View Post
    How do you get the key board to go away. I have tried to swipe it away but no luck
    Left swipe in the gesture area makes it go away for me.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkippyRay View Post
    i just tap once in the gesture area