Page 73 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3039
    version 0.9.0
    i just don't get it. i tried to install the virtual keyboard to my pre and it just too long. and the instructions are more complex to do. i wish the developers can come up with a better and more simple, shorter way to accomplish. this virtual keyboard is a addition the pre feature. if there was just one terminal one icon for this.
    Why can't this new VK be installed via Preware or QI???
    i think i had rooted my pre to install the virtual keyboard i removed the folder that had virtual keyb since it was not giving me an option to remove it on preware. I have reinstalled my preware and package manager when i try to install it with preware it gives me ERROR 4; the error given below is the one it gives me when i try to install it via webosquick install

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtuals-keyboard.postinst

Error: mismatch md5sums
    expected:0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200ee
    calculated:65c50302c191374e93d6373d310ba6e1
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.perm

any input will be greatly appreciated
    thank you in advance
    Same here, serotonin.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    success... finally an updated keyboard... thank you for you hard work guys
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Ok, I tried to figure out the error issue, but I not that fimilar with the code lango. I removed the VK folder via usb and now I get the error4 after converting everything to the latest QI. If I run the dr. will all of my programs remain on my phone? Will the update restore my files or will I need to run the dr before the update? Or, if anyone thinks they can help, please chime in. I know this is repeated information, but I tried to follow the directions but had no luck.

Thanks Everyone
    Again...

Follow this post. It will fix ALL problems with installation or removal of VK.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Again...

Follow this post. It will fix ALL problems with installation or removal of VK.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190
    Link brings back to this page...
    Quote Originally Posted by serotonin4 View Post
    i think i had rooted my pre to install the virtual keyboard i removed the folder that had virtual keyb since it was not giving me an option to remove it on preware. I have reinstalled my preware and package manager when i try to install it with preware it gives me ERROR 4; the error given below is the one it gives me when i try to install it via webosquick install

ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtuals-keyboard.postinst

Error: mismatch md5sums
    expected:0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200ee
    calculated:65c50302c191374e93d6373d310ba6e1
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.perm

any input will be greatly appreciated
    thank you in advance
    Exactly the same, im glad u got all that down, lol...can't go backwards and do it thru Preware anymore either...bummed Looks like the only way is to DR., may as well wait for the Palm upgrade...
    hi im confused when i try to get the virtual keyboard from web os quick install there ae no keyboards to select how do i get the options therwe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Link brings back to this page...
    Hmmmm...just tried it and it took me to the post for the VK Recovery Process. Try again???
    Quote Originally Posted by ccunit1995c View Post
    hi im confused when i try to get the virtual keyboard from web os quick install there ae no keyboards to select how do i get the options therwe
    These options were intentionally removed by the developer until he fixes some of the bugs. Preware is the only way to install/remove VK.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Now that is good debug info, exactly what I needed

However you uninstalled, it seemingly did not work correctly and left some files on the Pre. Fire up novaterm and enter the following commands to remove these files. Then try to install again.

Code:
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    emoney 33
    thanks once again. do you have anything quick reference guide
    how to design homebrew apps or easy way to learn webos codes
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Exactly the same, im glad u got all that down, lol...can't go backwards and do it thru Preware anymore either...bummed Looks like the only way is to DR., may as well wait for the Palm upgrade...
    Try this .
    original post by emoney 33
    However you uninstalled, it seemingly did not work correctly and left some files on the Pre. Fire up novaterm and enter the following commands to remove these files. Then try to install again.

Code:
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    preware doesnt even reconize i have kirtual keyboard installed anymore

i go to update it and it says error 4

i cant remove it because there is no uninstall button

so i cant uninstall it or update it ???
    Quote Originally Posted by posterchild37 View Post
    preware doesnt even reconize i have kirtual keyboard installed anymore

i go to update it and it says error 4

i cant remove it because there is no uninstall button

so i cant uninstall it or update it ???
    check post #1451 out
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    Try this .
    original post by emoney 33

Code:
    So hook up usb, go to SDK, open Novaterm, Connect, Paste? Dunno, never "fired up" Novaterm before...haha
    I tried to paste next to rootcastle:/# but wouldnt do anything...
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    So hook up usb, go to SDK, open Novaterm, Connect, Paste? Dunno, never "fired up" Novaterm before...haha
    I tried to paste next to rootcastle:/# but wouldnt do anything...
    type them .
    first do this
    mount -o rw,remount/
    then press enter

you type them and press enter after each line.

when you done with all five lines or so

then type
    mount -o ro,remount/

note these two commands make the files writable and read only
    What in the WORLD?? Why all the sudden is it so hard for everyone to get this VK on their Pre??? I had it on mine Sunday and took it off Monday in anticipation for WebOS 1.2 and now it's like performing brain surgery to get it on. I use to be able to get on Preware and get but now nothing. Great...