Page 72 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 3039
  1. fathom614's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #1421  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    What version of Preware? You should ONLY have a remove option with the latest Preware.
    I'm getting the same error. I have preware .9.0 and when I go to avaiable patches I only get an update and not a remove, when I try and update it gives me the same error 04. Any tips??
  2. #1422  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    No problem, plus I updated the restoration post to include it with instructions

    I feel like a moron, but at least I am learning. Is it possible that I do not have a media/internal root? If not, can I simply create a new folder in my pre?
  3.    #1423  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I feel like a moron, but at least I am learning. Is it possible that I do not have a media/internal root? If not, can I simply create a new folder in my pre?
    I can't test (and never put my phone in USB mode) so /media/internal might be the root of the folder that appears on your computer when your put it in USB mode.

    When in USB mode what folders are on the device that you can see from your PC?
  4. #1424  
    getting the same errors everyone else is getting. I have tried preware and quick install and it will not work. I did remove the old version of the keyboard, even though it error out when it was uninstalling it.
  5. #1425  
    is backspace work for you all who installed v-keyboard? Mine didn't work. So by mistake you type wrong words you have to cancel the message or use physical keyboard to use backspace from there.
  6. #1426  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I can't test (and never put my phone in USB mode) so /media/internal might be the root of the folder that appears on your computer when your put it in USB mode.

    When in USB mode what folders are on the device that you can see from your PC?
    Told you I was a moron...of course this is the root folder in USB mode.

    OK, ran the script and then in novaterm did a directory list of files and noticed that these files are now gone, HOWEVER, what remains are these files with an "orig" tag after the file type:

    kbchars_fulltable.json orig
    kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json orig
    kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json orig

    Will these files need to be deleted as well?
  7. zb289's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #1427  
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager. in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted, i originally posted this under quick instlal thread but seemed more fit under vk thread, sorry for double post
  8.    #1428  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Told you I was a moron...of course this is the root folder in USB mode.

    OK, ran the script and then in novaterm did a directory list of files and noticed that these files are now gone, HOWEVER, what remains are these files with an "orig" tag after the file type:

    kbchars_fulltable.json orig
    kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json orig
    kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json orig

    Will these files need to be deleted as well?

    They shouldn't effect anything, but I would recommend deleting them.
  9. #1429  
    I went ahead and tried to install thru Preware and the patch was successfully installed. I am now in the midst of my luna restart. I will advise from here...
  10.    #1430  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager. in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted, i originally posted this under quick instlal thread but seemed more fit under vk thread, sorry for double post

    What program is giving you the option to update?
  11. #1431  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    They shouldn't effect anything, but I would recommend deleting them.
    OK...the good news is that after luna restart, VK is installed and Preware recognizes it and only offers me the option to "remove". I have tested VK in messaging and it works well.

    The bad news is that after luna restart, ALL of my QI tweaks are gone. I will now have to troubleshoot getting those back on my Pre since I never disabled them.
  12. #1432  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    i have the latest version of quick install and package manager. in preware, also newest version, the only option i have for virtual keyboard is to update it, which then gives me error 4, how can i find a place to simply uninstall the patch? sorry if this has been asked before, ive been searching for a while though and couldnt get a clear answer, phone is not rooted, i originally posted this under quick instlal thread but seemed more fit under vk thread, sorry for double post
    Quote Originally Posted by fathom614 View Post
    I'm getting the same error. I have preware .9.0 and when I go to avaiable patches I only get an update and not a remove, when I try and update it gives me the same error 04. Any tips??
    Quote Originally Posted by billythekid8918 View Post
    I installed the virtual keyboard through preware and worked great but now I want to remove it in anticipation of webOS 1.2. I go to preware and go to available patches but when I go to virtual keyboard only an update button is available. I tried updating but keep getting an error [4] message. My virtual keyboard still works but not sure how to remove it. I am a novice at this so HELP ME!!
    Same exact problem here.
  13. #1433  
    OK...simple fix. Head to QI, Disable All Mods, and then reapply. Tweaks work, VK works, and Preware only gives option to remove VK.

    Thanks for everything, money. Please let me know how I can continue to help.
  14. #1434  
    All with any problems, go here:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190

    Follow instructions and you will be fine. Very easy fix.

    Once again, many thanks to emoney_33.
  15. #1435  
    Quote Originally Posted by 15amsoni View Post
    is backspace work for you all who installed v-keyboard? Mine didn't work. So by mistake you type wrong words you have to cancel the message or use physical keyboard to use backspace from there.
    This is a known bug that applies only when you are using VK in web browser. Backspace works fine in SMS or email.
  16. zb289's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #1436  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    What program is giving you the option to update?
    preware gives me the option to update, no remove, when i update it gets error 4
  17.    #1437  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    preware gives me the option to update, no remove, when i update it gets error 4
    What version of preware? Please screen capture for me and how was the keyboard originally installed?
  18. #1438  
    Quote Originally Posted by zb289 View Post
    preware gives me the option to update, no remove, when i update it gets error 4
    mine is doing the same thing i installed the keyboard patch very early before it was on preware.
    i did go through the folders by using my pre as a usb device and found the virtual keyboard folder it still doesnt let me install the VK after removing it.
    any input would be greatly appreciated.
  19. #1439  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    This is a known bug that applies only when you are using VK in web browser. Backspace works fine in SMS or email.
    Me too! I have already deleted all tweaks on 2.03, then used the uninstall button on 2.05, deleted the Virtual keyboard from usb...still getting Error 4 when i try to reinstall using preware 9.0. I never had the option on 2.05 because it remains grey. I also have four of the other error when trying to use style mods on 2.05. I realize that there are some sort of script im supposed to find using the DR., but i can't figure out how to even open up the option to search...confused. I'll probably end up DR.ing when Palm upgrade comes along, but I want my VK back now...haha.
    In the end I've been using both QI's, probably not the best idea, but i couldnt get the info above to fix, but now I want to get it all worked out...So any detailed fixes would be super appreciated!
  20. zb289's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #1440  
    v .9.0 preware, see attachments, it says install not update, sorry, but i have it installed already, and i installed it via preware i believe the version before this one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions