Page 71 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3039
    Hey Money...

Here is a screen shot of the most current error message I am receiving. I have run Clean Up and got an all clear. I am getting the same error in both Preware (obviously) and QI. I am guessing that you can fill in the blanks on the screen shot. If not, let me know.

Thanks...

EDIT: Top line of code is "expected", second line is "calculated."
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #1402  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Hey Money...

Here is a screen shot of the most current error message I am receiving. I have run Clean Up and got an all clear. I am getting the same error in both Preware (obviously) and QI. I am guessing that you can fill in the blanks on the screen shot. If not, let me know.

Thanks...

EDIT: Top line of code is "expected", second line is "calculated."

If this is during an install it is saying that the palm framework file is NOT a pristine 1.1.0 copy of the file. Now I have no idea how people are getting into this state, so let's figure that part out.

A couple pages back you said you successfully got the keyboard back, what did you use to install it then?

Please list me everything you have done since it worked, up until the first problem/error you got.

I am also unclear on what you mean by "have run Clean Up"
    i wish i could install web os doctor but i cant find the driver soft ware to download on my vista computer
    After removing the five files from my Pre, I successfully installed with Preware. Several hours later, I again went into Preware to update some hombrew apps. When in Preware, it showed me that the Virtual Keyboard Patch was available for install despite the fact that it was on my Pre. I tapped "install" thinking it was perhaps an updated version. I got an error, the one you saw above, but the keyboard still functioned.

I wanted to add a few tweaks with QI, but did not have the option to remove VK thru Preware or QI, so I simply deleted the VK file folder from my Pre while in USB mode. I applied my tweaks, tried to re-install VK, and got the error message above. This time, however, VK is NOT on my Pre. I then ran Jason Robatille's Clean Up utility from his QI thread and received no messages indicating any corrupt files.

I hope this helps...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I get... after trying to reinstall Virtual Keyboard using Quick Install:
    ERROR: An error occurred while trying to run var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)
    Edit: Quick Install, on this computer, doesn't really recognize my Pre that well. I can't do tweaks on my phone, for example. It restarts after I try to apply a tweak that already exists on my phone.

For example, I have 4x4 icons. Whenever I go to Quick Install, it says my Pre does not have that tweak. Whenever I do check the tweak, my phone restarts.
    Last edited by Kedar; 09/22/2009 at 02:27 PM.
  6.    #1406  
    After removing the five files from my Pre, I successfully installed with Preware. Several hours later, I again went into Preware to update some hombrew apps. When in Preware, it showed me that the Virtual Keyboard Patch was available for install despite the fact that it was on my Pre. I tapped "install" thinking it was perhaps an updated version. I got an error, the one you saw above, but the keyboard still functioned.

I wanted to add a few tweaks with QI, but did not have the option to remove VK thru Preware or QI, so I simply deleted the VK file folder from my Pre while in USB mode. I applied my tweaks, tried to re-install VK, and got the error message above. This time, however, VK is NOT on my Pre. I then ran Jason Robatille's Clean Up utility from his QI thread and received no messages indicating any corrupt files.

I hope this helps...
    The Virtual Keyboard folder from USB mode is only the configuration/theme files. Without these the keyboard cannot render, but the patch is still applied. Removing this file is never needed aside from cleaning up leftover theme images from non-default themes and/or directories left over after an uninstall if you want the space back.

However, this will have 0 impact on your ability to unisntall/install the keyboard. Even if anyone removes the VKB folder from USB mode an uninstall/reinstall will bring it back. The problem here we have to find out is WHY didn't Preware show the keyboard as uninstallable after a successfull install.

What version of Preware did you successfully install the keyboard with?
    What version did not show keyboard as installed a few hours later?
    What version of the keyboard was installed?
    Ditto with error. Since its going into the \var, wonder its due to hitting my limit in the partition.
    The only problem im having with the keyboard is sometimes the backspace doesnt work
  9.    #1409  
    Quote Originally Posted by Predator-1 View Post
    The only problem im having with the keyboard is sometimes the backspace doesnt work
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1820034

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Issues for Virtual Keyboard | PréYourMind
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The Virtual Keyboard folder from USB mode is only the configuration/theme files. Without these the keyboard cannot render, but the patch is still applied. Removing this file is never needed aside from cleaning up leftover theme images from non-default themes and/or directories left over after an uninstall if you want the space back.

However, this will have 0 impact on your ability to unisntall/install the keyboard. Even if anyone removes the VKB folder from USB mode an uninstall/reinstall will bring it back. The problem here we have to find out is WHY didn't Preware show the keyboard as uninstallable after a successfull install.

What version of Preware did you successfully install the keyboard with?
    What version did not show keyboard as installed a few hours later?
    What version of the keyboard was installed?
    Preware version 0.9.0 for install.
    Preware version 0.9.0 did not show keyboard as installed.
    VK version 0.2.6.

Based on what you are saying here, I am wondering if it is a matter of deleting those same files from yesterday that were left on my Pre. Remember, I never actually uninstalled VK. Perhaps by deleting the configurations/themes folder, it only appears as though VK is not on my Pre because I cannot see it. The error message today, however, is different from yesterday.

Thoghts?
  11.    #1411  
    Preware version 0.9.0 for install.
    Preware version 0.9.0 did not show keyboard as installed.
    VK version 0.2.6.

Based on what you are saying here, I am wondering if it is a matter of deleting those same files from yesterday that were left on my Pre. Remember, I never actually uninstalled VK. Perhaps by deleting the configurations/themes folder, it only appears as though VK is not on my Pre because I cannot see it. The error message today, however, is different from yesterday.

Thoghts?

All bets are off after it didn't show up as installed. When you installed it with preware, did it offer you to restart Luna? And did you ever notice it marked as installed in preware?
    All bets are off after it didn't show up as installed. When you installed it with preware, did it offer you to restart Luna? And did you ever notice it marked as installed in preware?
    Fairly certain that Luna was restarted. I never noticed it marked as installed. At this point, am I best served waiting for the 1.2 release and start fresh from there? I have no desire to visit the Doctor.
  13.    #1413  
    Fairly certain that Luna was restarted. I never noticed it marked as installed. At this point, am I best served waiting for the 1.2 release and start fresh from there? I have no desire to visit the Doctor.
    You could follow the restoration process again from this post.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190

Install it from Preware, and then if it is not showing up as installed in Preware keep it in that state so we can get that information back to the Preware guys so that it is not an issue in the future.

It's up to you though.
    You could follow the restoration process again from this post.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1910190

Install it from Preware, and then if it is not showing up as installed in Preware keep it in that state so we can get that information back to the Preware guys so that it is not an issue in the future.

It's up to you though.
    I definately want to help. I will start working on that now. As far as the LOOOOOONG list of rm commands go, does copy and paste work into novaterm???
    I installed the virtual keyboard through preware and worked great but now I want to remove it in anticipation of webOS 1.2. I go to preware and go to available patches but when I go to virtual keyboard only an update button is available. I tried updating but keep getting an error [4] message. My virtual keyboard still works but not sure how to remove it. I am a novice at this so HELP ME!!
  16.    #1416  
    I definately want to help. I will start working on that now. As far as the LOOOOOONG list of rm commands go, does copy and paste work into novaterm???

I think so, if not I can write you a script you can load on from USB mode and then run from novaterm. Let me know
  17.    #1417  
    Quote Originally Posted by billythekid8918 View Post
    I installed the virtual keyboard through preware and worked great but now I want to remove it in anticipation of webOS 1.2. I go to preware and go to available patches but when I go to virtual keyboard only an update button is available. I tried updating but keep getting an error [4] message. My virtual keyboard still works but not sure how to remove it. I am a novice at this so HELP ME!!
    What version of Preware? You should ONLY have a remove option with the latest Preware.
    I think so, if not I can write you a script you can load on from USB mode and then run from novaterm. Let me know
    I am trying to copy and paste from your post directly, from wordpad and from word. Nothing. If it's not too much trouble for you, a script would be great
    OK...so I am messing around with novaterm now and checking my directories for the files that need deleting. It looks like ALL of the files are still on my Pre. Hopefully removing them will solve the problem.
  20.    #1420  
    I am trying to copy and paste from your post directly, from wordpad and from word. Nothing. If it's not too much trouble for you, a script would be great
    No problem, plus I updated the restoration post to include it with instructions
    Attached Files Attached Files