Page 70 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 3039
  1.    #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    emoney 33
    thanks I tried removing these but is telling me system read only file it can not be remove. is there anything I have to do?
    Make the file system writeable before removing the files.

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    then after you are done removing the files you can put it back into read only mode again if you want

Code:
    mount -o ro,remount /
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    ok so I tried the ice and it worked.

copied and pasted lucaspapaya into the ice that I had working and the keyboard came up but all plain black... so it must be the info in that folder... guess back to find the original theme for it...
    you were supposed to do the opposite sort of...cope the text file from remix_ice and paste it ""overwriting" the txt file from payaya
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    you were supposed to do the opposite sort of...cope the text file from remix_ice and paste it ""overwriting" the txt file from payaya
    i guess I don't understand what you are saying... if the ICE worked with the ICE icons, then replace that with the papaya icons should have worked right?? tried the glossy and it doesn't even pop up....

this all started when I opened my preware and it said there was an update... opened the virtualkeybord from preware and it just tells me to install. click on install and I get an error 4 cannot install...

can't get it to install and can't get it to uninstall... and now its not working... Man
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    any idea why preware can't see that the keyboard is installed?
    i get error 4 when trying to uninstall using preware. I originally installed it with quickinstall.

any suggestions?
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    if you want more key boards then the 4 installed virtual keyboard from the pop up here is how. Im not sure if this was posted already..but here it goes.../media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes...edit and save

{
    "haptic": 0,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e",
    "installed_themes":
    [
    {"label":"remix ice","value":"remix_ice"},
    {"label":"remix classic","value":"remix_classic"},
    {"label":"remix glossy","value":"remix_glossy"},
    {"label":"remix blue","value":"remix_blue"},
    {"label":"remix autumn","value","remix_autumn"},
    {"label":"remix green","value","remix_green"},
    {"label":"remix light","value","remix_light"},
    {"label":"remix denali","value","remix_denali"}'
    {"label":"remix dark","value","remix_dark"},
    {"label":"remix school","value","remix_school"},
    {"label":"remix nwb","value","remix_nwb"},
    {"label":"remix theme2","value","remix_theme2"},
    {"label":"remix trans","value","remix_trans"},
    {"label":"lpc dark rounded","value":"LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e"}
    ]
    }
    do this from winscp or and vi edited and you have more choices of keyboards the orignal credit goes to the creator i just added more keyboards i like more to pick from
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    im also getting the Error [4] message... please help guys
    emoney 33
    thanks I tried removing these but is telling me system read only file it can not be remove. is there anything I have to do?
    emoney i did what you said and now is giving me
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Make the file system writeable before removing the files.

Code:
    mount -o rw,remount /
    then after you are done removing the files you can put it back into read only mode again if you want

Code:
    mount -o ro,remount /
    thank you very much. i tried and is giving me a different error about mismatch md5sum something like that
    emoney 33
    emoney 33 you are the one. thanks for the classes you just gave me. the vkb is working like a charm. thanks once again. belay my last post
    thankssssssssssssssssssss you rock
    yo emoney...just wanted to say thanks. I finally got vk working again. All it took was figuring out how to unpack the webosDoctor, replacing files on the phone with the files from the webosdoctor, understanding how to read IPKG log files for failed installs, deleting random files that i'm not sure won't crash my pre, and then having a clean install through preware. you're a baller....
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkev1469 View Post
    if you want more key boards then the 4 installed virtual keyboard from the pop up here is how. Im not sure if this was posted already..but here it goes.../media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes...edit and save

{
    "haptic": 0,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e",
    "installed_themes":
    [
    {"label":"remix ice","value":"remix_ice"},
    {"label":"remix classic","value":"remix_classic"},
    {"label":"remix glossy","value":"remix_glossy"},
    {"label":"remix blue","value":"remix_blue"},
    {"label":"remix autumn","value","remix_autumn"},
    {"label":"remix green","value","remix_green"},
    {"label":"remix light","value","remix_light"},
    {"label":"remix denali","value","remix_denali"}'
    {"label":"remix dark","value","remix_dark"},
    {"label":"remix school","value","remix_school"},
    {"label":"remix nwb","value","remix_nwb"},
    {"label":"remix theme2","value","remix_theme2"},
    {"label":"remix trans","value","remix_trans"},
    {"label":"lpc dark rounded","value":"LPC_Dark_Rounded_2e"}
    ]
    }
    do this from winscp or and vi edited and you have more choices of keyboards the orignal credit goes to the creator i just added more keyboards i like more to pick from
    can I just edit the kb_config.json file to state this using Putty and the vi command? if so, then how do I apply the new theme for the vk? I edited the file to this using vi in Putty, but when I went to the tweak section of QI, it still only lists the original 4 keyboards options.

thanks...
    thank you very much. i tried and is giving me a different error about mismatch md5sum something like that
    What did you do to correct the md5sum error?
    i got rid of the error 4 by uninstalling the virtual keyboard patch with QuickInstall
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    does not even show up for me to uninstall and I get error 4.......

But virt keyboard is working just not updating or showing up as installed.
    I unfortunately cannot support all specific installation issues through the forums. I can however give a detailed howto in order to resolve all installation issues.

You should be using the latest version of Preware, and you should be able to uninstall/install versions of the keyboard without issues. However if you find yourself in a situation where another uninstall has left files modified or touched, the following is the only 1-solution-fits-all I can offer:

First and foremost, make sure that the keyboard patch does not show up as installed in Preware. There are 2 Palm files that get modified by the patch and must be pristine copies from stock 1.1.0. You can get these 2 files from the webos doctor and restore them. Then you must delete any files that the patch created that may have been left over from a bad uninstall.

I know there are some people that are hesitant to "root" their pre, but this is NOT "rooting". This is simply using Palm supplied tools to access the underlying linux shell that runs underneath every WebOS on everyone's Pre. You are not modifying your Pre in any way aside from turning developer mode on which is what you have to do to install any advanced homebrew anyway.

Step 1
    Go through the procedure to get novaterm running on your computer:
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

This simply consists of downloading the official Palm SDK and running the novaterm program.

Step 2
    Get the following 2 files from the WebOS 1.1.0 webos doctor image, and restore them to your Pre.

Code:
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$submissions$/$191$.$15$/$stylesheets$/$global$.$css$
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html

Step 3
    Run novaterm and run the following commands to delete any leftover files

Code:
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/da_dk/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_ch/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_ch/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_ch/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_de/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_de/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/de_de/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ca/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ca/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ca/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_gb/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ie/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ie/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_ie/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_pl/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_es/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_mx/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_mx/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_mx/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/es_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fi_fi/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ca/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ca/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ca/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_ch/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/fr_fr/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/it_it/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nb_no/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nb_no/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nb_no/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nl_nl/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nl_nl/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/nl_nl/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pl_pl/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pl_pl/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pl_pl/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_br/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_br/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_br/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_pt/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_pt/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/pt_pt/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector.html

If you are unable to work through these steps, the alternatives are to either run the webos doctor to get back to the factory default 1.1.0 WebOS, or join us on freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) channel #webos-internals for "real-time" support.

Please anyone with problems installing, or anyone who sees anyone else with problems installing link back to this post.

Money, thanks for putting this together. I really appreciate it. I still think it's a bit beyond what I feel comfortable doing with my phone. I will just hold tight and wait on the Thursday WebOS 1.2 update.

Am I correct in thinking that the WebOS update will automatically replace those stock files and I will then be able to install VK with the "Install Error [4]"?
  17.    #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post
    Money, thanks for putting this together. I really appreciate it. I still think it's a bit beyond what I feel comfortable doing with my phone. I will just hold tight and wait on the Thursday WebOS 1.2 update.

Am I correct in thinking that the WebOS update will automatically replace those stock files and I will then be able to install VK with the "Install Error [4]"?
    The framework version will have changed in 1.2.0, so none of the files in the current 1.1.0 patch will exist. I will have to do a merge and release a patch for the new framework version (shouldn't take long at all). But yes you will be at a clean framework state after the update.
    The framework version will have changed in 1.2.0, so none of the files in the current 1.1.0 patch will exist. I will have to do a merge and release a patch for the new framework version (shouldn't take long at all). But yes you will be at a clean framework state after the update.
    Great ... thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by bignoze View Post
    does not even show up for me to uninstall and I get error 4.......

But virt keyboard is working just not updating or showing up as installed.
    I'm having the exact problem, help needed please.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    im getting the same errrorrr

and why is it that after i use webosquickinstall, my phone goes offline and does NOT go back, even when i unplug my wire...i have to put my phone in airplane mode then take it off for service to come back