Page 7 of 152 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757107 ... LastLast
    works now. but only the shift key seems to work. i dont think the symbol key does. :/

thanks for your hardwork though, really enjoying this.
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhds View Post
    Just installed the keyboard, and I have to say awesome work! I am having one problem though. Landscape mode seems to have a bug. When I am in a text field and tap gesture to pull it up, it pulls up on the upper left corner in the standard portrait size. If i flip the phone to portrait and then back to landscape it enlarges. But it will not initially open bigger.

Thanks for your hard work!!!

Yes good point, it is currently ignoring the initial orientation state, I will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    works now. but only the shift key seems to work. i dont think the symbol key does. :/

thanks for your hardwork though, really enjoying this.
    The sym key should unlock the scroller. After you press the sym key (upside-down ?) it should turn blue and you should be able to scroll down to numbers/symbols.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    i did my yearly fresh install of debian, unfortunately i did not backup the original novacom download from palm (i had it saved to email). I was able to download the linux novacom from the developer.palm site but it seem's that this one doesnt include novaterm?

intro@phreak:~/Desktop/novacom$ find -type f
    ./usr/share/doc/novacom/changelog.gz
    ./usr/local/bin/novacomd/novacomd
    ./usr/local/bin/novacom/novacom

Does anyone know where i can get novaterm or would someone be willing to send this to me?

It would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you,
    intro.
    I found novaterm on the webos-internals wiki. The download link is in the instructions on how to gain linux access to your pre.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I found novaterm on the webos-internals wiki. The download link is in the instructions on how to gain linux access to your pre.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    thanks for your post i wish i would have saw this 5 minutes ago, lol
    but i found the original off of palms site after scanning the subdomain...
    if anyone runs into this problem i have posted the link to the original (that includes novaterm) at my site intro@phreak !#! it is located under Rooting Palm Pre with Debian 64 bit OS.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    I'm guessing you have to root your phone to get the keyboard?? I don't want to root my pre, any chance this will be a homebrew soon?
    for the eleven thousand three hundred and ninty-second time, there is no such THING as "rooting a pre" -- the pre comes from the factory running an open copy of linux. All you have to do is to access it with the novaterm program that palm supplies.

The hard version was months ago. Now, there is no such THING as rooting. There is only loading novaterm and running it on your PC.

That being said, the current beta of quickinstall can now do patches. it will be possible to install patches like this using quickinstall without running anything in a terminal.

That level of simplicity will not be put together until the app is out of beta
    if you want to play now, you have to use a terminal program.

as to soon, define soon.

Less than a month I wuld guess
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    sounds like rick didnt eat his wheeties this morning :P
    but emoney excellent work everything is working fine the little bugs are not really that big of an issue because the overall functuality of this patch is very stable.
    thanks for you're hard work (and you to rick) ;]

-intro
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.

-intro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikyo View Post
    I am sure you already ran the restore, but if you look at:

patch: **** write error : No space left on device

You filled up the device with a ton of mods/patches/homebrew
    MyTether was the only homebrew app I had on the phone at all, no others. Device info screen had 7.2GB free space of the 8GB total, and my modding was very light. I had ddns, gps tracking script, and then only superficial edits like changing dialer background, carrier string, etc. I'm not sure what else could've filled up the partition, but whatever. It is what it is, and everything's back up and running already without much trouble.
    how can i install this with quick install??? is there a way ??
    I cant seem to get this to work in landscape! I know how to apply patches it just wont work in landscape.

edit: It works in landscape but does not resize and when I hit the upside down ? it just disappears.

btw where is the .png for the keyboard so I can import the pics by remix2000?

Thanks Doug
    Last edited by 2sslow; 08/16/2009 at 10:37 PM.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    ** This is response to pullbangdead**

Did you remount / rw?

mount -o remount,rw /
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    ** This is response to pullbangdead**

Did you remount / rw?

mount -o remount,rw /
    Yeah, I had just finished doing some other things, and was still in the same session, with rw.

I don't know what the deal was. No big deal, everything is set back up now, and the on-screen keyboard seems to be working just as advertised. And really, everything is now done much more "neatly" than when I had done it all the first time. I was much better organized this time around, having done it all before.
    Well I tried updating with the preferred update method but I get this:

root@castle:/# rm /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    rm: cannot remove '/opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch': No such file or directory
    I then go on with the rest of the commands and once I reboot I end up with the older keyboard. Help would be very much appreciated.
    this is what i did to get the patch to work.

quilt pop -a
    quilt delete /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt import /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    quilt push -a
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Posted by: Intro
    ----------------------------
    mount -o remount,rw / #Make the filesystem to read/write privileges
    cd / #change directory to root
    rm /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch #remove the add-onscreen kb patch
    cd /opt/src/modifications #go to the modifications folder
    git pull #update your git sources
    cd / #change to root directory
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch # FORCE quilt to import the new patch to the quilt series
    quilt pop -a # "undo" all of the patches (will give an error about the kb patch)
    quilt pop -f # FORCE quilt to "undo" kb + all erroring patches
    quilt pop -a # "undo" all of the patches (no error)
    this command will "delete" all of your patches
    quilt push -a # "apply" all patches
    this command will "install" all patches that you just "deleted"
    quilt push -f # FORCE apply to all patches (if errors are received)
    quilt push -a # "apply" all patches (no error)
    reboot # kill/restart all services OR you can start + stop luna which is alittle quicker
    ----------------------------
    Use this method and you wont have a problem..
    --

-intro.
    Kb works pretty good how do i use remix2000 skin for the kb??
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Well I tried updating with the preferred update method but I get this:

I then go on with the rest of the commands and once I reboot I end up with the older keyboard. Help would be very much appreciated.
    I think you missed
    Code:
    root@castle:/# rm /opt/src/modifications/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I think you missed
    Code:
    root@castle:/# rm /opt/src/modifications/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    Thank you for noticing the problem. I'll try it again with the right code.
    Last edited by gollyzila; 08/17/2009 at 01:10 AM.
    Glad to help
    well actually I think 2sslow made a mistake. I tried it again with the new edit but i got the same error. So I improvised and I used
    Code:
    cd /
    quilt pop -a
    quilt delete patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    and then I did the rest of the update process and it worked!