Page 69 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3039
  1.    #1361  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    I just updated to 0.2.6 there's gonna be another update...wow ur going crazy with all these updates...keep them coming!

    Edit: by the way...the speed of the keyboard is amazingly fast...that's of course without the haptic and sound...when will that get faster?

    I haven't personally tried the haptic and sound lately. Do you get lag with haptic and/or sound with the latest update?
  2. #1362  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I haven't personally tried the haptic and sound lately. Do you get lag with haptic and/or sound with the latest update?
    with 0.2.6 of course it installed perfectly and it had no haptic and no sound...but no lag at all...very fast...so i went to my pc edited so i had 50 haptic and the sound...and its not crazy lag but its pretty laggy
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  3.    #1363  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    with 0.2.6 of course it installed perfectly and it had no haptic and no sound...but no lag at all...very fast...so i went to my pc edited so i had 50 haptic and the sound...and its not crazy lag but its pretty laggy
    Try without the sound, does it still lag?
  4. #1364  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Try without the sound, does it still lag?
    surprisingly no....it doesnt lag when just putting haptic and taking out the sound...its very fast with just haptic
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  5. #1365  
    this is wut i get
    Attached Images Attached Images
  6. AMR-1's Avatar
    Posts
    258 Posts
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    #1366  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I unfortunately cannot support all specific installation issues through the forums. I can however give a detailed howto in order to resolve all installation issues.

    <snip>

    /kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/sv_se/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector.html
    [/code]


    If you are unable to work through these steps, the alternatives are to either run the webos doctor to get back to the factory default 1.1.0 WebOS, or join us on freenode Web IRC (qwebirc) channel #webos-internals for "real-time" support.

    Please anyone with problems installing, or anyone who sees anyone else with problems installing link back to this post.
    So if we don't want to go thru all that...Can we just wait for 1.2 and let that replace the files it needs to (including the hosed ones) and then the install thru QI will work ok?
  7. #1367  
    removed through preware, and installed newest version again today (just like yesterday). No errors, and no need for a full restart this time. Works like a charm!
  8. bdGDL08's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #1368  
    I'm having a weird issue... whenever there is an update (I'm using Preware), it shows up as an update, but then the when I click on the update, the only option is "Remove."
  9. #1369  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdgdl08 View Post
    I'm having a weird issue... whenever there is an update (I'm using Preware), it shows up as an update, but then the when I click on the update, the only option is "Remove."
    yeah thats normal....tap remove let luna restart then go back to preware then install virtual keyboard again...thats the only way to update....first remove then install
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  10. bdGDL08's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    #1370  
    Thank you! That's what I have been doing, I just didn't know if I was missing something. It didn't do this until recently.
  11. #1371  
    What do you know! I removed all of the installed files for VK and reapplied the two JavaScript files from WebOS and I was able to install the patch through Quick Install. Apparently the installer did not remove all of the necessary files when I uninstalled it. After that procedure, I was able to successfully install VK 0.2.6 without incident. It works great without haptics and sounds. I'll think I'll leave them off to improve performance.

    The problem with patching files is that you never know if another patch has already applied something before. This is why you run md5sum. The best you can do is check for the proper checksum of the original file and restore it to the original state when uninstalling. In any case uninstalling the patch should restore the files to their original condition and remove any files and directories that it created then verify that they are gone.
  12. robdmau's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1372  
    not sure whats going on but just installed the new quickinstall 2.52 and now the keyboard is all messed up, I cannot uninstall it in preware or quickinstall. the keyboard works but it is an all black theme, I tried to reinstall the LucasPapaya theme and I cannot get it to work... HELP PLEASE
  13. #1373  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    not sure whats going on but just installed the new quickinstall 2.52 and now the keyboard is all messed up, I cannot uninstall it in preware or quickinstall. the keyboard works but it is an all black theme, I tried to reinstall the LucasPapaya theme and I cannot get it to work... HELP PLEASE
    on device management in quick install...c if the virtual keyboard is there...if it is then remove...and go into usb mode and delete the virtual keyboard...if u cant remove no matter wut my only suggestion is doctor ur pre
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  14. robdmau's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1374  
    not sure whats going on but just installed the new quickinstall 2.52 and now the keyboard is all messed up, I cannot uninstall it in preware or quickinstall. the keyboard works but it is an all black theme, I tried to reinstall the LucasPapaya theme and I cannot get it to work... HELP PLEASE
  15. robdmau's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1375  
    I've gone back and tried to follow the steps again and again... tell me what I'm doing wrong...

    used the old lucas papaya file and it saved as LucasPapaya in the themes folder.

    in the kb_config there is "{
    "haptic": 50,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "LucasPapaya"}"

    remove the Pre and try to open the keyboard and it is just black with very basic letters and #s...
  16. #1376  
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    I've gone back and tried to follow the steps again and again... tell me what I'm doing wrong...

    used the old lucas papaya file and it saved as LucasPapaya in the themes folder.

    in the kb_config there is "{
    "haptic": 50,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "LucasPapaya"}"

    remove the Pre and try to open the keyboard and it is just black with very basic letters and #s...
    The text file in remix_ice...open it and copy the stuff inside and paste it in the lucaspapaya text file...let me know if it works
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  17.    #1377  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    The text file in remix_ice...open it and copy the stuff inside and paste it in the lucaspapaya text file...let me know if it works
    You can copy the entire file from remix_ice/theme_config.json to LucasPapaya/theme_config.json
  18. robdmau's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #1378  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    The text file in remix_ice...open it and copy the stuff inside and paste it in the lucaspapaya text file...let me know if it works

    ok so I tried the ice and it worked.

    copied and pasted lucaspapaya into the ice that I had working and the keyboard came up but all plain black... so it must be the info in that folder... guess back to find the original theme for it...
  19. #1379  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    You can copy the entire file from remix_ice/theme_config.json to LucasPapaya/theme_config.json
    Yeah exactly...that's easier
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  20. #1380  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Now that is good debug info, exactly what I needed

    However you uninstalled, it seemingly did not work correctly and left some files on the Pre. Fire up novaterm and enter the following commands to remove these files. Then try to install again.

    Code:
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    emoney 33
    thanks I tried removing these but is telling me system read only file it can not be remove. is there anything I have to do?

Posting Permissions