Page 68 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3039
    I get the same "Error Installed [4]" error but I deleted the folder off of my phone in USB mode and I have no way of uninstalling what I deleted, but my phone prompts me to "Install" as if it weren't on there.
  2.    #1342  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccestare View Post
    I get the same "Error Installed [4]" error but I deleted the folder off of my phone in USB mode and I have no way of uninstalling what I deleted, but my phone prompts me to "Install" as if it weren't on there.
    The folder seen in USB mode only effects the theme/configuration. It will not cause/solve installation issues. After you get the error in preware tap the app menu and IPKG log and list the output.
    emoney...

thanks for your suggestion. anything i can do with this if my pre is NOT rooted? i have the stock files on my PC. can i use the send file feature on QI to get these files back to my pre?

EDIT: sorry, that was a moronic statement. i realize now i need to remove files, not add. can this be done without a rooted pre?
  4.    #1344  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    emoney...

thanks for your suggestion. anything i can do with this if my pre is NOT rooted? i have the stock files on my PC. can i use the send file feature on QI to get these files back to my pre?

EDIT: sorry, that was a moronic statement. i realize now i need to remove files, not add. can this be done without a rooted pre?

All Pres are already "rooted". The novaterm program is supplied by Palm in the official SDK and simply connects to your Pre allowing you to enter Linux commands. Nothing about your Pre changes, there is no "rooting" and "unrooting".

I will add code to the installation scripts to remove these files for the next release.
    I am so sorry...I downloaded Virtual Box and SDK, but I do not see the novaterm program. Where in the SDK file folder is it located?
    Now I have to believe that the installer for 0.2.5 is hosed up! I replaced global.css back to the original WebOS distribution, and I am receiving errors because it already found keyboard files in a "da_dk" directory. I am using US English. Why would the installer be putting files in that directory unless it installs all languages?
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    After you get error in preware, tap the app menu and "IPKG Log", what does it say?
    I'm getting the same Installation Error [4] message. When I tap "IPKG Log" this is what I get:

Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    Installing org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard (o.2.5) to root ...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.2.5_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    (offiline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

Unlock
    No Output

Postinst
    No Output

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodexception: during 'postinst' operation
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting ...
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root ...
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PALM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$ $found$
    (offiline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

I am not familiar with running Novaterm and entering codes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  8.    #1348  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    I am so sorry...I downloaded Virtual Box and SDK, but I do not see the novaterm program. Where in the SDK file folder is it located?
    See step 5 under Procedure on the Wiki, depending on your OS.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals

Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Now I have to believe that the installer for 0.2.5 is hosed up! I replaced global.css back to the original WebOS distribution, and I am receiving errors because it already found keyboard files in a "da_dk" directory. I am using US English. Why would the installer be putting files in that directory unless it installs all languages?
    All languages are installed. The installer is not the issue, the issue was the uninstall. However you uninstalled previously, it didn't work correctly and left files modified. You should be able to delete any files that it says it already found. Aside from global.css and palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs, $everything$ $else$ $in$ $the$ $patch$ $are$ $created$ $files$ $that$ $do$ $not$ $exist$ $on$ $stock$ $webos$. $Tonight$ $I$ $will$ $get$ $the$ $installer$ $to$ $disregard$/$overwrite$ $those$ $files$ $if$ $they$ $already$ $exist$.
  9.    #1349  
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post
    I'm getting the same Installation Error [4] message. When I tap "IPKG Log" this is what I get:

Confirm
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    Installing org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard (o.2.5) to root ...
    Downloading http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.2.5_all.ipk
    Configuring org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    (offiline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

Unlock
    No Output

Postinst
    No Output

Failed
    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PALM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$ $found$

I am not familiar with running Novaterm and entering codes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Let's wait for release v0.2.7 tonight so that I can get better debug information out of the installer.
    Emoney...

Got it. Using novaterm to delete those five files resulted in a succesful re-install of VK. I can't thank you enough for your time and patience walking me through this.
    the new update has 4 key boards well i went in to the file and changed all the keyboards i made and the ones i download and it doesnt pick it up when oi want a different key board on the 4 whats the deal????i even named them remix_and what ever i named my files and nothing is it just not set up to do more then 4 or what? little help
    how can you uninstall the virtual keyboard??
    Any word on when auto-correct will be functional?
    Let's wait for release v0.2.7 tonight so that I can get better debug information out of the installer.

Actually it was htdakar that had this issue I think.

I don't think I installed this correctly the first time, as I never was able to use the virtual keyboard, but it is greyed out on the Preware as if I've installed it, so I've tried removing it and this is what I get:

"Error Removing [4]"

The IPKG log states:

Confirm
    No output.

Unlock
    No output.

Prerm
    No output.

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodExeption: Failure
    ERROR: Nomd5sms.patched file!?

Please advise
  15. hae
    Quote Originally Posted by htdakar View Post

Not sure if this helps, but I got got that "not found" message as well when trying to re-install the virtual-keyboard via Quick Install and Preware. What I ended up doing was extracting "palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs&$quot$; $from$ $WebOSDoctor$ $and$ $pushing$ $it$ $via$ $Quick$ $Install$'$s$ $Send$ $File$ $option$ $to$ $dir$ &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$&$quot$;. $Then$ $I$ $tried$ $reinstalling$ $the$ $keyboard$ $again$ $and$ $got$ $it$ $to$ $work$ $this$ $time$.

Disclaimer though: It might be that another tweak/patch I had did something in that .jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $now$ $I$'$ve$ $inadvertently$ $broke$/$undone$ $it$ $by$ $overwriting$ $it$ $with$ $the$ $original$ $file$, $or$ $I$ $broke$ $the$ $file$ $when$ $uninstalling$ $the$ $virtual$ $keyboard$ ($can$'$t$ $remember$ $how$ $I$ $uninstalled$ $it$ $unfortunately$) $to$ $get$ $Quick$ $Install$ $to$ $work$.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I have the same erorr...Haz any1 fixed this yet?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    I am receiving this error as well on my "Rooted" Pre: "ERROR An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

Any suggestions (I hope I did not miss the post which had a fix/solution to this ... if so my apologies and a simple direction would suffice)?
    I have the same erorr But my Pre's not rooted...Any1 have a fix?
    I just updated to 0.2.6 there's gonna be another update...wow ur going crazy with all these updates...keep them coming!

Edit: by the way...the speed of the keyboard is amazingly fast...that's of course without the haptic and sound...when will that get faster?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I could not re-install VK due to a handful of files having remained on my Pre. Emoney had me follow some very simple instructions and I am now back up and running VK. Here is a link to another post of mine with the details...

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1909487
    Last edited by PreFix; 09/21/2009 at 09:03 PM.
  20.    #1360  
    Edit: outdated
    Last edited by egaudet; 10/13/2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Added script to remove all keyboard created files.