Page 67 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3039
  1. #1321  
    It looks like that the patch for palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $is$ $incorrect$. $Shouldn$'$t$ $it$ $be$ /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/..., $not$ /./$usr$/$palm$/?

    Has anyone been successful installing 0.2.5?
  2.    #1322  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    It looks like that the patch for palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $is$ $incorrect$. $Shouldn$'$t$ $it$ $be$ /$var$/$usr$/$palm$/..., $not$ /./$usr$/$palm$/?

    Has anyone been successful installing 0.2.5?

    No, the framework is in /usr not /var. The message you guys have given me is that the file doesn't exist. Which it would not exist if you were using a different webos version other than 1.1.0. Otherwise if that framework file didn't exist on webos 1.1.0, the Pre would not have any mojo, LunaSysMgr would fail to run, and you wouldn't be able to do anything on the pre.
  3. #1323  
    Those with installation errors. Have you uninstalled the prior version before attempting the new install?
  4. #1324  
    I know for sure that plamInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $exists$ $because$ $I$ $put$ $the$ $original$ $1$.$1$ $copy$ $in$ $there$ $yesterday$ $and$ $validated$ $the$ $checksum$.
  5.    #1325  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I know for sure that plamInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $exists$ $because$ $I$ $put$ $the$ $original$ $1$.$1$ $copy$ $in$ $there$ $yesterday$ $and$ $validated$ $the$ $checksum$.
    What error are you getting?
  6. #1326  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I apologize, I mistyped the first filename it should be:

    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    emoney...here is the output of your corrected statement:

    4996d636d6c59d53c39b62fc279b16d1 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

    I did not realize that the vk was no longer being maintained on gitorious. That makes life a little easier. What do these outputs mean? Thanks!
  7. #1327  
    I tried to reinstall Virtual Keyboard after copying the original palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs ($checksums$ $ok$). $I$ $received$ $the$ $same$ $file$ $not$ $found$ $error$, $even$ $though$ $the$ $file$ $is$ $in$ $the$ $directory$, $and$ $a$ $md5sum$ $fail$ $on$ $global$.$css$.

    This is the checksum for my file which is the same as the WebOS distribution:
    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

    I was unable to copy the exact error messages but I received "not found" for palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $and$ $global$.$css$ $and$ &$quot$;$ERROR$: $mismatch$ $md5sums$, $aborting$....&$quot$; $Both$ $files$ $exist$ $so$ $I$ $assume$ $that$ $the$ $checksums$ $are$ $failing$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $understand$ $why$ $they$ $fail$ $when$ $I$ $reinstall$ $fresh$ $copies$ $of$ $the$ $file$. $What$ $checksum$ $do$ $you$ $expect$ $for$ $palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$?
    Last edited by milliman; 09/21/2009 at 11:38 AM.
  8.    #1328  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    emoney...here is the output of your corrected statement:

    4996d636d6c59d53c39b62fc279b16d1 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

    I did not realize that the vk was no longer being maintained on gitorious. That makes life a little easier. What do these outputs mean? Thanks!
    The output above means that the palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $file$ $on$ $your$ $pre$ $is$ $not$ $stock$ $webos$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $file$. $At$ $some$ $point$ $in$ $time$ $something$ $may$ $have$ $went$ $wrong$ $with$ $an$ $uninstall$. $The$ $best$ $thing$ $I$ $can$ $suggest$ $at$ $this$ $point$ $in$ $time$ $is$ $to$ $restore$ $this$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $webos$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $doctor$ $image$.


    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    I tried to reinstall Virtual Keyboard after copying the original palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs ($checksums$ $ok$). $I$ $received$ $the$ $same$ $file$ $not$ $found$ $error$, $even$ $though$ $the$ $file$ $is$ $in$ $the$ $directory$, $and$ $a$ $md5sum$ $fail$ $on$ $global$.$css$.

    This is the checksum for my file which is the same as the WebOS distribution:
    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

    I was unable to copy the exact error messages but I received "not found" for palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $and$ $global$.$css$ $and$ &$quot$;$ERROR$: $mismatch$ $md5sums$, $aborting$....&$quot$; $Both$ $files$ $exist$ $so$ $I$ $assume$ $that$ $the$ $checksums$ $are$ $failing$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $understand$ $why$ $they$ $fail$ $when$ $I$ $reinstall$ $fresh$ $copies$ $of$ $the$ $file$. $What$ $checksum$ $do$ $you$ $expect$ $for$ $palmInitFramework191_15$.$js$?

    I assume you are comfortable running linux commands? The above md5sum you list is the expected value for palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs. $The$ $md5sum$ $for$ $global$.$css$ $should$ $end$ $in$ $358d6$.

    Could you list me the output of the following run from the Pre Linux shell (novaterm):

    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
  9. #1329  
    The checksums for the two files are:
    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    d90fc8c759d7e04d82bdf86c96758745 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

    So it looks like the global.css has been patched. I can install the original from WebOSDoctor, but that does not explain why I am seeing the first error.
  10.    #1330  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    The checksums for the two files are:
    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    d90fc8c759d7e04d82bdf86c96758745 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

    Hope that helps.

    global.css checksum is not stock 1.1.0, palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $is$ $as$ $expected$ ($assuming$ $that$ $file$ $is$ $in$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/)
  11. #1331  
    Hey guys...

    I am not at all savvy with this. Here is an attachment of the error message I am getting when trying to install. Please take note of the top two lines of the message. It appears as though VK is trying to pull files from a file location that does not exist. Aren't these files located in the /usr root? Looks like the program is attempting to pull from /var/usr which does not exist.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12. #1332  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The output above means that the palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $file$ $on$ $your$ $pre$ $is$ $not$ $stock$ $webos$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $file$. $At$ $some$ $point$ $in$ $time$ $something$ $may$ $have$ $went$ $wrong$ $with$ $an$ $uninstall$. $The$ $best$ $thing$ $I$ $can$ $suggest$ $at$ $this$ $point$ $in$ $time$ $is$ $to$ $restore$ $this$ $file$ $from$ $the$ $webos$ $1$.$1$.$0$ $doctor$ $image$.
    hey man, sorry for my ignorance, but i'm not sure what you mean by the webos 1.1.0 doctor image. I have seen people say "Copy the file palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $from$ $WebOSDoctor$ $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $the$ $checksum$ $is$ $0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e$&$quot$;, $but$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $copy$ $files$ $from$ $webosdoctor$. $I$ $have$ $the$ $application$ $that$ $gets$ $downloaded$ $when$ $you$ $run$ $Quick$ $Install$, $but$ $I$ $assumed$ $that$ $if$ $I$ $ran$ $the$ $application$, $it$ $would$ $reset$ $my$ $phone$. $is$ $there$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $simply$ $tell$ $it$ $to$ $replace$ $certain$ $files$? $as$ $you$ $can$ $probably$ $tell$, $I$ $am$ $not$ $a$ $programmer$. $thanks$ $in$ $advance$
  13.    #1333  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    Hey guys...

    I am not at all savvy with this. Here is an attachment of the error message I am getting when trying to install. Please take note of the top two lines of the message. It appears as though VK is trying to pull files from a file location that does not exist. Aren't these files located in the /usr root? Looks like the program is attempting to pull from /var/usr which does not exist.

    Is that from quick install? I don't see any "errors", as it outputs it is patching the files. Does preware do the same thing?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey man, sorry for my ignorance, but i'm not sure what you mean by the webos 1.1.0 doctor image. I have seen people say "Copy the file palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $from$ $WebOSDoctor$ $to$ /$usr$/$palm$/$frameworks$/$mojo$/$builtins$/. $You$ $may$ $want$ $to$ $make$ $sure$ $that$ $the$ $checksum$ $is$ $0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e$&$quot$;, $but$ $I$ $am$ $not$ $sure$ $how$ $to$ $copy$ $files$ $from$ $webosdoctor$. $I$ $have$ $the$ $application$ $that$ $gets$ $downloaded$ $when$ $you$ $run$ $Quick$ $Install$, $but$ $I$ $assumed$ $that$ $if$ $I$ $ran$ $the$ $application$, $it$ $would$ $reset$ $my$ $phone$. $is$ $there$ $a$ $way$ $to$ $simply$ $tell$ $it$ $to$ $replace$ $certain$ $files$? $as$ $you$ $can$ $probably$ $tell$, $I$ $am$ $not$ $a$ $programmer$. $thanks$ $in$ $advance$
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...tock-file.html
  14. #1334  
    hey emoney...i just found that! Sorry to have wasted so much of your time with nonsense. HOpefully i can replace that file and fix this phone...thanks for everything
  15.    #1335  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey emoney...i just found that! Sorry to have wasted so much of your time with nonsense. HOpefully i can replace that file and fix this phone...thanks for everything
    no worries, it isn't nonsense. It helps to develop a more secure and robust patching system
  16.    #1336  
    v0.2.6 adds a little extra debugging information when install fails.
  17. #1337  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Is that from quick install? I don't see any "errors", as it outputs it is patching the files. Does preware do the same thing?
    This is from QI. Preware just says Error 4. The first two lines show that it is looking for files that are missing. I have put both of these files back to the device from Doctor, but I still get this message saying they are missing.
  18.    #1338  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    This is from QI. Preware just says Error 4. The first two lines show that it is looking for files that are missing. I have put both of these files back to the device from Doctor, but I still get this message saying they are missing.
    After you get error in preware, tap the app menu and "IPKG Log", what does it say?
  19. #1339  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    After you get error in preware, tap the app menu and "IPKG Log", what does it say?
    It says a TON...
    Starts with confimation of VK installation.
    UNLOCK
    no output.

    Postinst
    No output.

    Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failure during 'postinst' operation

    Then a lot of patching files from /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources (all are in green)

    Then "the next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json, which already exists! Assume -R? [n]

    Apply anyway? [n]

    Skipping patch.

    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json.rej

    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_azerty.json

    The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

    Apply anyway? [n]

    Skipping patch.

    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json.rej

    Then more successful patching

    Then The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

    Apply anyway? [n]

    Skipping patch.

    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css.rej

    Then The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

    Apply anyway? [n]

    Skipping patch.

    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html.rej

    Then The next patch would create the file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html, which alread exists! Assume -R [n]

    Apply anyway? [n]

    Skipping patch.

    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html.rej

    ERROR: patchdryrun failed, aborting...

    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...

    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PALM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$ $found$

    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PALM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css : not found

    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
  20.    #1340  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    It says a TON...
    Now that is good debug info, exactly what I needed

    However you uninstalled, it seemingly did not work correctly and left some files on the Pre. Fire up novaterm and enter the following commands to remove these files. Then try to install again.

    Code:
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    rm -f /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html

Posting Permissions