Page 66 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3039
  1.    #1301  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    alright emoney thanks i guess ill doctor the pre...so every time there's an update to the keyboard...i have to remove then install right?

    Yes and you shouldn't ever have an option to do anything except remove the patch in Preware (unless and until updating is properly supported with the keyboard patch). I'm also in the process of reworking the scripts to generate backups and give more debug information on failures.

    There should be less issues going forward after I rework the scripts.
  2.    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestormyrain View Post
    Is there any way to get the keyboard on my pre without connecting it to my mac?? Currently, mac is not recognizing my Pre
    Do you have Preware?
  3. #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Yes and you shouldn't ever have an option to do anything except remove the patch in Preware (unless and until updating is properly supported with the keyboard patch). I'm also in the process of reworking the scripts to generate backups and give more debug information on failures.

    There should be less issues going forward after I rework the scripts.
    yeah that was the problem....i did go to preware first where it gave me the option to only remove...but i was to lazy...thinking it would be faster thru quick install just to "update" and thats where the ***** happened....(my fault) thanks for letting me know for the future...i already doctored the pre thank you for the info!!
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah that was the problem....i did go to preware first where it gave me the option to only remove...but i was to lazy...thinking it would be faster thru quick install just to "update" and thats where the ***** happened....(my fault) thanks for letting me know for the future...i already doctored the pre thank you for the info!!

    Yea, the whole patching process is a very complicated issue that will take some time to make really robust for users.


    v0.2.5 changes the scripts to create backups and restore so that future issues can be recovered from more easily.
  5. #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Yea, the whole patching process is a very complicated issue that will take some time to make really robust for users.


    v0.2.5 changes the scripts to create backups and restore so that future issues can be recovered from more easily.
    damn from 2.3 to 2.5 already? lol is it the latest already?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6.    #1306  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    damn from 2.3 to 2.5 already? lol is it the latest already?
    Yea 2.5 is the latest, and that has the backup stuff in it. Time for me to hit the sack.
  7. #1307  
    Latest version works great for me! I LOVE the new theme, very polished feeling/looking. The only downside to the VKB currently is the time it takes to load, but Im not complaining. Its gone from 'wow, how neat, if only I could type on it..' to actually being USEFUL. I only speak for myself, however.

    All I did was remove through preware, delete the entire folder from my pre in usb mode, then installed through WebOS QI. I also installed through preware (after another removal) and that works just as well for me.
  8. #1308  
    Latest version works great for me! I LOVE the new theme, very polished feeling/looking. The only downside to the VKB currently is the time it takes to load, but Im not complaining. Its gone from 'wow, how neat, if only I could type on it..' to actually being USEFUL. I only speak for myself, however.

    All I did was remove through preware, delete the entire folder from my pre in usb mode, then installed through WebOS QI. I also installed through preware (after another removal) and that works just as well for me.
  9. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #1309  
    Digging the new layout. Everything about it is feeling much more "tighter".

    Q: What is the hand with the index finger pointing up supposed to do? Whenever I tap that it lights up and then locks up the whole keyboard and cannot undo without resetting SMS etc.

    Also, will 'haptic feedback' and/or a 'click' sound ever be a stock tweak or at least on a preferences menu option within VK somehow? I always uninstall VK before updating and I need to go into the file to manually add a "5" next to the "0" to get my buzz back. Having those options would be a nice convenience within the app.. .

    NICE WORK THUS FAR

    *Edit*
    Ah I see now the haptic and click options from screen shots from others of the new QI update. I'm waiting for the Palm update this week before I dive into that.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 09/21/2009 at 04:13 AM.
  10. #1310  
    webOS QI allows the click and haptic feedback, just no length adjustment on the hapticness.

    The finger is for giving people the finger in a text, duh.. oh wait, no, if you click it you can drag the keyboard where you want it and then 'drop' it there. Nifty eh?
  11. #1311  
    It is working a lot better now than it did earlier for me. I only intend on using it when browsing the web on landscape.
  12. #1312  
    Two questions for you all. How do I add a theme (all I get is the broken black theme that has been over discussed) and how do I fix the problem with the cursor jumping when typing fast?
  13. #1313  
    I need helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

    Now everything is working but when I tried to install virtula-keyboard through webOS quickinstall I get this error message. hhhhhhhhhhHelp Pleaseeeeeeeee
    somebody

    ERROR: attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PA
    LM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$
    found
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
  14. #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    I need helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

    Now everything is working but when I tried to install virtula-keyboard through webOS quickinstall I get this error message. hhhhhhhhhhHelp Pleaseeeeeeeee
    somebody

    ERROR: attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PA
    LM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$
    found
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
    I got the same error
  15. #1315  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    this means the uninstall of the previous keyboard did not work properly. Connect through novaterm and run the following commands:

    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitframework191_15.jsjsjs
    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css


    report results back here.
    hey emoney, the output is attached...first file not there from possible attempted uninstall in past? I feel like the problem here is that files are being left during uninstall processes through either preware or command line from gitorious repository that are then screwing up fresh installs...
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. #1316  
    The new keyboard now contains almost 4 times as may customized buttons as before, so the total size is bigger. I'm working on optimizing it even more, to reduce the file size. A few here and and few there might not be much but hopefully the overall reduction in the theme's size will be... I gotta work now though... So tonight.
  17.    #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Also, will 'haptic feedback' and/or a 'click' sound ever be a stock tweak or at least on a preferences menu option within VK somehow? I always uninstall VK before updating and I need to go into the file to manually add a "5" next to the "0" to get my buzz back. Having those options would be a nice convenience within the app.. .
    Hand editing the .json files is a temporary solution for user preferences. Since most preferences need to be applied on a system-wide basis, I can not use cookies or database because they are app specific. There will eventually be a user application to choose between all the user settings. It will be a mojo app + custom service and is definitely in the future plans.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey emoney, the output is attached...first file not there from possible attempted uninstall in past? I feel like the problem here is that files are being left during uninstall processes through either preware or command line from gitorious repository that are then screwing up fresh installs...
    I apologize, I mistyped the first filename it should be:

    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
  18.    #1318  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmartino2011 View Post
    hey emoney, the output is attached...first file not there from possible attempted uninstall in past? I feel like the problem here is that files are being left during uninstall processes through either preware or command line from gitorious repository that are then screwing up fresh installs...

    BTW you should not be using any command line for the keyboard patch, it is not being maintained in gitorious any more.
  19. #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by musichighc_2 View Post
    I got the same error
    Me 3.

    Still getting the [4] error when installing via Preware v0.9.0
  20.    #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohenebajoy View Post
    I need helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

    Now everything is working but when I tried to install virtula-keyboard through webOS quickinstall I get this error message. hhhhhhhhhhHelp Pleaseeeeeeeee
    somebody

    ERROR: attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

    /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst: line 26: PA
    LM_FILES+=/./usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $not$
    found
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    Removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

    Are you running webos 1.1.0

Posting Permissions