Page 65 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3039
  1. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    has anyone got this to work on webos 1.2?ive tried several times and no luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    does web os doctor erase contacts?? do you have to re add your palm profile login and password??
    WebOS Doctor restores the phone to factory defaults.

You have to enter your login name and password to get the stuff that was store from Backup in the Palm profile.

You do not make a new profile, just enter your original one you used when setting up the Pre.

It does not restore things like pictures, music, etc.. So make a backup of your Pre's USB drive. Then you can put that stuff back easily, you don't want to lose your pictures. The music you can always sync back with whatever program you used originally. If it was iTunes, make sure you are not using the latest as that does not allow the Pre any longer.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

3.    #1283  
    Anyone who is/was getting errors with updating the keyboard, please tell me all the steps leading up to the first time you got the error. I would like to know what tool you used to update, what version of the tool, how you updated etc...
  4.    #1284  
    v0.2.3 fixes installation of default theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    v0.2.3 fixes installation of default theme.
    im getting an error installing thru quick install and preware i get an error installing 4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/20/2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

6.    #1286  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    im getting an error installing thru quick install and preware

Did you have a prior version of the keyboard installed?
    What steps did you initially take to update?
    What version of Preware?

Also for future reference, anyone who is having issues it helps to post as much detailed information as you can.
    Did you have a prior version of the keyboard installed?
    What steps did you initially take to update?
    What version of Preware?

Also for future reference, anyone who is having issues it helps to post as much detailed information as you can.
    when i 1st tried to upgrade...i had the one b4..i didnt feel like upgrading thru Preware so i did it thru quick install and while upgrading i got the error and then when i went to check in the device management if i had it...virtual keyboard wasnt there...so i went on usb mode to delete the file and i did and now i get an error on preware and quick install...

i have the latest version of preware which is 0.9.0
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

8.    #1288  
    when i 1st tried to upgrade...i had the one b4..i didnt feel like upgrading thru Preware so i did it thru quick install and while upgrading i got the error and then when i went to check in the device management if i had it...virtual keyboard wasnt there...so i went on usb mode to delete the file and i did and now i get an error on preware and quick install...

i have the latest version of preware which is 0.9.0

I don't know a ton about quick install so I'm not sure what could have gone wrong in that department.

Currently when you get an error in preware, what does the IPKG Log say (found in app menu after receiving install error)
    I don't know a ton about quick install so I'm not sure what could have gone wrong in that department.

Currently when you get an error in preware, what does the IPKG Log say (found in app menu after receiving install error)
    when i go to the IPKG log....

4 lines r in green and the one that's in red says...

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

and then at the bottom it says...

ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Is anyone else having a problem with the cursor shifting positions when typing fast?
  11.    #1291  
    when i go to the IPKG log....

4 lines r in green and the one that's in red says...

(offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

and then at the bottom it says...

ERROR: mismatch md5sums, aborting...
    removing package org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.prerm)

this means the uninstall of the previous keyboard did not work properly. Connect through novaterm and run the following commands:

md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitframework191_15.jsjsjs
    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css

report results back here.
    this means the uninstall of the previous keyboard did not work properly. Connect through novaterm and run the following commands:

wut the hell is novaterm
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by troy r williams View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with the cursor shifting positions when typing fast?
    Issues for Virtual Keyboard | PréYourMind

Log it
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am getting it also, tried erasing everything in the folder...still no dice.
  15.    #1295  
    wut the hell is novaterm
    Program that allows you to connect to your Pre's underlying linux user area. Comes with the official Palm SDK.

Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    my default keyboard still changes every time i bring it up... for instance if i set it to classic it automatically reverts back to lpc dark rounded... is this normal?

also the keyboard stays on the screen even after i press enter or the gesture area

not sure if im doing it correctly but i logged into novaterm (i think) and when i type those commands and hit enter it tells me it can not open

Edit: i dont think i did it right....ive never rooted in the pre so i dont know wut im doing

is there any other way to fix this without rooting?
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 09/20/2009 at 11:30 PM.
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

18.    #1298  
    not sure if im doing it correctly but i logged into novaterm (i think) and when i type those commands and hit enter it tells me it can not open

Edit: i dont think i did it right....ive never rooted in the pre so i dont know wut im doing

is there any other way to fix this without rooting?

It's not really rooting, but aside from using the webos doctor, there is no other way that I know of to restore the offending files without access to a linux shell.
    It's not really rooting, but aside from using the webos doctor, there is no other way that I know of to restore the offending files without access to a linux shell.
    alright emoney thanks i guess ill doctor the pre...so every time there's an update to the keyboard...i have to remove then install right?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Is there any way to get the keyboard on my pre without connecting it to my mac?? Currently, mac is not recognizing my Pre