Page 64 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3039
  1.    #1261  
    Quote Originally Posted by venom376 View Post
    i took a screen capture the best i can. the ipkg log scrolls left to right... so..



    its says "failure during "postinst" operation..



    cant speak for anyone else of coure, but ive done this already.. at a loss here..

    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    Attached is the error I get when installing via WebOS. Like many others, I get the "Error Installing [4]" message when installing via PreWare.
    I'm sorry guys, I do not use Quick Install so I can't really offer in depth support in that department. I am better able to assist with problems using Preware as I'm more knowledgeable with the operations of it. Please join us on freenode IRC channel #webos-internals for as close to real-time support we can offer.

    The md5sum error seen from preware indicates to me that the uninstall didn't go correctly. These issues seem to be specific-case based so I would need to chat with you guys directly. Anyone else with errors installing, please let me know what the IPKG LOG from Preware says.


    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    where is novaterm??
    It is a program that allows you to access the linux user space on the Pre over USB. I can offer greatest debugging assistance with Linux access. Developer mode on and novaterm program is all that I need to be able to offer more in-depth support.

    Follow the Procedures section here in order to get novaterm (part of Palm's SDK).

    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
  2. #1262  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    Maybe if I roll back to the older version of the keyboard. That worked without a problem, does anyone have a copy of that file?
    Tried rolling back to the previous version and still same problem???? It worked fine until i tried the updated version and now I can't even roll back to the previous version, any help would be appreciated I have tried everything....
  3. #1263  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    Tried rolling back to the previous version and still same problem???? It worked fine until i tried the updated version and now I can't even roll back to the previous version, any help would be appreciated I have tried everything....
    Also getting error 4 on preware install version of keyboard...
  4. #1264  
    this may be a bit late, but those of you who have NOT installed the new virtual keyboard release 0.2.2, try this:

    1) before you install 0.2.2. make sure you first uninstall whichever version of the keyboard you have running on your pre
    2) plug your pre into your computer in USB Disk mode.
    3) go into the virtual-keyboards folder, delete everything in there and empty your trash
    4) now try installing 0.2.2
  5. #1265  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    uninstall the keyboard, open up novaterm and tell me the output of the following command:

    md5sum /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    4996d636d6c59d53c39b62fc279b16d1 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
  6. #1266  
    All I did was update to new WEBOS quick install... it's got an option in Tweaks for default skin.. working great now!
  7.    #1267  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    4996d636d6c59d53c39b62fc279b16d1 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    Which means that file is not stock 1.1.0, so the uninstall must have gotten messed up or something else is touching this file. If uninstalling does not remedy the situation, I suggest following the doctor method to recover just the 2 files that are needed to be stock (uninstall keyboard package first, note a failed installation will still show as installed for the patch currently).

    The following are the 2 files and their md5sums that are needed to be fresh 1.1.0.

    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

    cfefea45f252b28e62cbd719bdc358d6 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
  8. #1268  
    my global.css has the correct checksum. Now to find out how to use the 'doctor method to recover' palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs. $Thanks$.
  9. JayKC's Avatar
    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    #1269  
    I got tired of messing around with fixes so I just ran webOS doctor and restored to factory setup, then installed package manager service and preware and then installed the keyboard and now it works perfectly.

    Something was definitely corrupt somewhere so starting with a clean slate was the best way to do it, not ideal, but it worked!

    Hope this helps someone.
  10. #1270  
    hey emoney i tried adding the custom 2sslow_blue keyboard theme and it doesnt work...?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. #1271  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Which means that file is not stock 1.1.0, so the uninstall must have gotten messed up or something else is touching this file. If uninstalling does not remedy the situation, I suggest following the doctor method to recover just the 2 files that are needed to be stock (uninstall keyboard package first, note a failed installation will still show as installed for the patch currently).

    The following are the 2 files and their md5sums that are needed to be fresh 1.1.0.

    0e5cbf40b9d2f9856600169cc690200e /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

    cfefea45f252b28e62cbd719bdc358d6 /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    Got it working. I found 5 other files that were reporting failure duing the patch - none of these files were from palm (eg. not in webos.jar). I delete them. Then it worked. I hope this information helps others.

    ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    ./submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css

    Note: each time Preware failed to install - it did not indicate a need to uninstall - but if I tried to install again in Preware, then I got the md5 checksum error. So I would uninstall with WebOSQuickInstall. If I installled with WebOSQuickInstall, it would fail without reporting where the error occured. Bottom line, I installed with Preware, looked at the IPKG Log to see what failed, removed with WebOSQuickInstall, fixed whatever was reported wrong, then started over.

    Thanks for your help. The new Keyboard looks GREAT. Very nice improvement.
  12. #1272  
    can you give a more detailed approach of how you did this? i am assuming you did it through command line...I just need to know what files to delete so I can install virtual keyboard and not get the error [4]...md5 whatever is annoying me
  13. #1273  
    this message is in reply to gpfountz message
  14. #1274  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    I got tired of messing around with fixes so I just ran webOS doctor and restored to factory setup, then installed package manager service and preware and then installed the keyboard and now it works perfectly.

    Something was definitely corrupt somewhere so starting with a clean slate was the best way to do it, not ideal, but it worked!

    Hope this helps someone.
    I did the same and I'm working now too. I haven't yet played around with tweaks just yet.

    It's only a few days until the Palm OS update, so I decided to go slim for now and then after the update get the tweaks and fun stuff back in.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  15. #1275  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    Got it working. I found 5 other files that were reporting failure duing the patch - none of these files were from palm (eg. not in webos.jar). I delete them. Then it worked. I hope this information helps others.

    ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    ./submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css

    Note: each time Preware failed to install - it did not indicate a need to uninstall - but if I tried to install again in Preware, then I got the md5 checksum error. So I would uninstall with WebOSQuickInstall. If I installled with WebOSQuickInstall, it would fail without reporting where the error occured. Bottom line, I installed with Preware, looked at the IPKG Log to see what failed, removed with WebOSQuickInstall, fixed whatever was reported wrong, then started over.

    Thanks for your help. The new Keyboard looks GREAT. Very nice improvement.

    I deleted the 5 files above.
    Also deleted palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $and$ $global$.$css$ $and$ $replaced$ $them$ $with$ $files$ $from$ $the$ $webosdoctor$. $The$ $palmInitFramework$ $I$ $had$ $in$ $webosdoctor$ $was$ $version$ $palmInitFramework175_7$. $I$ $changed$ $the$ $name$ $to$ $palmInitFramwork$ $191_15$ $and$ $installed$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $pre$. $Tried$ $to$ $reinstall$ $virtualkeyboard$, $still$ $no$ $luck$. $Going$ $to$ $put$ $the$ $deleted$ $file$ $back$ $on$ $the$ $pre$ $now$.
  16.    #1276  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    I deleted the 5 files above.
    Also deleted palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs $and$ $global$.$css$ $and$ $replaced$ $them$ $with$ $files$ $from$ $the$ $webosdoctor$. $The$ $palmInitFramework$ $I$ $had$ $in$ $webosdoctor$ $was$ $version$ $palmInitFramework175_7$. $I$ $changed$ $the$ $name$ $to$ $palmInitFramwork$ $191_15$ $and$ $installed$ $them$ $to$ $the$ $pre$. $Tried$ $to$ $reinstall$ $virtualkeyboard$, $still$ $no$ $luck$. $Going$ $to$ $put$ $the$ $deleted$ $file$ $back$ $on$ $the$ $pre$ $now$.
    175_7 is not from webos 1.1 doctor
  17. #1277  
    How did you do this, I have same problem. Step by step if you don't mind, appreciate it.
  18. #1278  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdaviso View Post
    How did you do this, I have same problem. Step by step if you don't mind, appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    Got it working. I found 5 other files that were reporting failure duing the patch - none of these files were from palm (eg. not in webos.jar). I delete them. Then it worked. I hope this information helps others.

    ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    ./submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    ./submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    ./submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css

    Note: each time Preware failed to install - it did not indicate a need to uninstall - but if I tried to install again in Preware, then I got the md5 checksum error. So I would uninstall with WebOSQuickInstall. If I installled with WebOSQuickInstall, it would fail without reporting where the error occured. Bottom line, I installed with Preware, looked at the IPKG Log to see what failed, removed with WebOSQuickInstall, fixed whatever was reported wrong, then started over.

    Thanks for your help. The new Keyboard looks GREAT. Very nice improvement.
    How did you do this, I have same problem. Step by step if you don't mind, appreciate it.
  19. #1279  
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKC View Post
    I got tired of messing around with fixes so I just ran webOS doctor and restored to factory setup, then installed package manager service and preware and then installed the keyboard and now it works perfectly.

    Something was definitely corrupt somewhere so starting with a clean slate was the best way to do it, not ideal, but it worked!

    Hope this helps someone.
    When you used web os doctor what did it erase; phone contacts, apps etc...??
  20. #1280  
    does web os doctor erase contacts?? do you have to re add your palm profile login and password??

Posting Permissions