Page 62 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 3039
    Alas!! It worked. yay me! Yes, men can say yay! thankx to e_money for the bomb *** keyboard and mastertech for the usb tip. kudos
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I know 1.2 is not officially out yet but, is there a working VK for it yet? Thanks for all you guys work on this!!
  3.    #1223  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I know 1.2 is not officially out yet but, is there a working VK for it yet? Thanks for all you guys work on this!!
    Nope. Also for future reference I will only be upgrading the keyboard for official releases.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Nope. Also for future reference I will only be upgrading the keyboard for official releases.
    OK...thanks emoney...looking forward to it. Great work!!
  5.    #1225  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    OK...thanks emoney...looking forward to it. Great work!!
    But that doesn't mean I haven't figured out the work that will be required when they update, and it shouldn't take long to merge in 1.2 changes once they release it... which hopefully is soon!
    there is virtually no lag even when i have haptic feedback at 55, much much more snappy to the touch and accurate on the press, great job. I dont know what is left for the future updates but whatever you do i am looking forward to them Great job again and thanks
    Noticed an update to Virtual Keyboard, I tried to do the update and got an err 4.

I think came back here and read something about folder that contained the old themes that they were not compatible at this time.

I then hooked up Pre via USB and deleted all the files and the folder.

I then removed Virtual Keyboard and reinstalled it, but as it was installing again, I got an err that said something about post install.

Now I can't get it to work at all.

So I uninstalled it once again.

Funny, I was thrilled because I've never had a problem with installing any app ever, during Homebrew.

Today was my first!

Does anyone know what steps I can take to fix this.

I know that in a few days I will have to take it all off for the new update, so maybe I should just wait it out before going crazy trying to track down a bug that will change on that date (the new WebOS).

But still, any ideas?

Thanks!

Rob

PS I've attached a photo of my desktop which showed the error I am getting. Hope that helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 09/19/2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: added picture attachment
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

i get error 1 when trying to install through webosquickinstall
    Got that too! Wow, I'm not the only one to have the problem.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I seem to be having similar problems to those above me, if I try installing VK via webos I get err1 and if I try to install it via Preware I get "Error Installing [4]". This is my first night messing with Preware and VK at all so maybe I'm just lost but I've installed everything else necessary I think and haven't had trouble installing themes or other programs, any help?
    Hey emoney I noticed a small glitch or bug whatever you want to call it. When you have the keyboard open in landscape, if you tap the very bottom of the spacebar or under it off the keyboard it is registered as a 'u' or a 'y' ..maybe this is just for me I don't know but just thought I'd share. And I didn't know enough about the other forum on where to post or anythin so I am just posting it here.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Awesome work, keyboard is working perfectly for me.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    But that doesn't mean I haven't figured out the work that will be required when they update, and it shouldn't take long to merge in 1.2 changes once they release it... which hopefully is soon!
    Well lets hope the 87th rumor for this Thursday is right...who knows. I love the VK you have designed for us and are anxious to get it for 1.2. I would have reverted back to 1.1 but didn't feel like it. I didn't even realize I had 1.2 until people were posting about 1.2 leaked. I had to webosdoc my phone that same day, then I looked and realized I had it. One thing I REALLY MISS is the VK!! Thanks again emoney!
    i've installed/uninstalled twice using preware, and this is what my VK looks like. Am i doing something wrong?

update: i just tried to install it via webOS quick install, and its the same deal...

update: tried to do it through command line and got:"Can't remove file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs : $Read$-$only$ $file$ $system$&$quot$;
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mhunterjr; 09/19/2009 at 11:04 AM.
    Woohoo! works for Bell users now! Thanks a ton!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    i've installed/uninstalled twice using preware, and this is what my VK looks like. Am i doing something wrong?

update: i just tried to install it via webOS quick install, and its the same deal...

update: tried to do it through command line and got what you see in the second thumbnail
    yes you are doing something wrong....lol....just kidding....i had a similar problem like you. All i did was to uninstall the keyboard, then plug the phone to my computer and set it to USB mode, found my virtual-keyboard folder, opened it and deleted everything inside that folder....then i reinstalled the keyboard, and everything worked fine...................do the same and it will work for you
    thanks man, worked like a charm!

and thanks again to everyone involved with this project. This VK is amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    Woohoo! works for Bell users now! Thanks a ton!
    Works for me too aside from anytime I open it it's a "default black" keyboard - you can change to classic ice and other themes however once you close and reopen goes back to this default layout... you having similar issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtroy43 View Post
    I seem to be having similar problems to those above me, if I try installing VK via webos I get err1 and if I try to install it via Preware I get "Error Installing [4]". This is my first night messing with Preware and VK at all so maybe I'm just lost but I've installed everything else necessary I think and haven't had trouble installing themes or other programs, any help?
    Same Deal for Me???? Had it on my phone and tried to do update wouldn't work, so I removed and tried to put new one on the phone and got same error messages...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshtroy43 View Post
    Having the same issue with my installation too, I had it installed before then I removed to and went to reinstall and I cannot get it to work!