Page 6 of 152 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    No, here's an explanation of the commands:
    cd / #change directory to root
    rm /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch #remove the add-onscreen kb patch
    cd /opt/src/modifications #go to the modifications folder
    git pull #update your git sources
    cd / #change to root directory
    quilt import -f /opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch # FORCE quilt to import the new patch to the quilt series
    quilt pop -a # "undo" all of the patches (will give an error about the kb patch)
    quilt pop -f # FORCE quilt to "undo" kb + all erroring patches
    quilt pop -a # "undo" all of the patches (no error)
    this command will "delete" all of your patches
    quilt push -a # "apply" all patches
    this command will "install" all patches that you just "deleted"
    quilt push -f # FORCE apply to all patches (if errors are received)
    quilt push -a # "apply" all patches (no error)
    reboot # kill/restart all services OR you can start + stop luna which is alittle quicker

i hope this clarifies some things for you :]
    This is what I love about these forums! People are so willing to help out! Oh, and I changed the reboot to pkill LunaSysMgr. This equivilant to a fast reboot.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    How does shift (degree sign) work? Can't seem to make capital letters.. Also Orange key (the big O) doesn't seem to work.. Anyone knows how to use them?
    iPhone; the official phone of 'the Borg'
    Not all of the keys are fully functional yet. Thee are designated spots where they will be but have not yet been developed. This app is still in the very early stages of development and is not yet fully functional for real world use yet.
    If you have any skills that could help in the development please feel free to help, and it could be developed much faster.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Just installed the on-screen keyboard earlier today after overcoming some installation issues. It looks like I'm experiencing the bar issue on the right as well, but the keyboard appears to be the updated version.

Out of curiosity I noticed you planned on inserting images for several of the buttons (sym, orange, etc). If its as easy as creating the properly sized images I would be more than glad to help in the graphic department and try to create images for the keys to better match the actual keyboard.

Also do you think it would be possible to merge some of the cells? i.e. the spacebar. (I'm sure you've thought of this just considering it from a graphic standpoint. Seeing as it would be easy enough to just create four images for each of the space bar cells.)

Also curious as to whether or not the cell borders can be hidden. (that way images of buttons could serve as a visual boundary.)

Lastly I was wondering if its possible to increase the keyboard size to reach the edges of the screen in order to allow a little more space for buttons. (so they'll be a little easier to hit.)

(ex: windows mobile keyboards)

One final suggestion would be to try and create something similar to the touch pro 2 keyboard while in landscape mode (5 row keyboard mimicing the layout of a standard computer keyboard)

Some other thoughts I've had on this that I can't currently check because I'm not at home, but will look into:

The key to making the onscreen keyboard only work while the hardware keyboard is hidden might lie in the coding for the lock screen. (it disables if the keyboard slides out)

And looking into the coding for the notifications area at the bottom of the screen where text messages, alarms, emails, general notifications, etc are shown. I think ultimately that would be the best place to have the keyboard pop up because then it would split the screen in half and allow you to still read the text message you are responding to. (wouldn't be as useful of a feature in browser, but would still probably look a little cleaner)

Sorry to post so much lol, but this is something I'm really interested in and have been thinking a lot about.
    Last edited by steveapos; 08/15/2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Just thought of one more idea after trying to use the onscreen keyboard for the majority of my typing today.

Do you think it would be possible to make the onscreen keyboard come on after double tapping in a text field? Not sure if that is possible, but that would definitely be a solution to the inability to use the gesture area while the hardware keyboard is exposed and would also allow gestures to be used for copying, pasting, etc without the software keyboard popping up.
  6.    #106  
    Patch has been updated in the repository...

Added shift, sym and landscape.

Hit shift once to get capital letters for a single character, hit shift twice to lock it (will turn blue indicating shift-lock).

Sym key will enable scroller and numbers/symbols can be scrolled to in kb. Sym key will turn blue indicating it is on.

Landscape mode works with apps that support orientation changes, resizes to fill screen. I will work on optimizing it to re-size quicker in the future, for now just wanted to get it operational.
    I worked on your request you made on my thread here
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Patch has been updated in the repository...

Added shift, sym and landscape.

Hit shift once to get capital letters for a single character, hit shift twice to lock it (will turn blue indicating shift-lock).

Sym key will enable scroller and numbers/symbols can be scrolled to in kb. Sym key will turn blue indicating it is on.

Landscape mode works with apps that support orientation changes, resizes to fill screen. I will work on optimizing it to re-size quicker in the future, for now just wanted to get it operational.
    Shift and sym are working great!! Much Thanks!

Can you include ? and ! in place of degree symbol on each corner? They don't seem to do anything now...

' and " would make great addition to sym fields also..

Again, thank you!
    Well, this sucks...

quilt push -a
    Applying patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    patch: **** write error : No space left on device
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

root@castle:/# quilt push -f
    Applied patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch (forced; needs refresh)

root@castle:/# quilt push -a
    File series fully applied, ends at patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch

root@castle:/# stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr

And the phone froze. Did a reboot, and now the phone won't boot. Gets through first, stationary palm screen, goes to alternating glow-nonglow images for about 30 seconds, and starts over. Infinite reboot cycle.

Crap.

Any ideas?

Running webosdoctor now. Didn't want to, of course, but it's not a huge deal. Thanks for the recovery tool Palm! Honestly, I wouldn't attempt half of the fun I've had playing around with the phone, if not for knowing I had that easy back-up plan all along.
    Last edited by pullbangdead; 08/16/2009 at 04:46 AM.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I am sure you already ran the restore, but if you look at:

You filled up the device with a ton of mods/patches/homebrew
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by remix2000 View Post
    I worked on your request you made on my thread here
    Those look awesome, great work man. I can't wait to integrate them into the keyboard. Thanks a lot!
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    Well, this sucks...

quilt push -a
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

root@castle:/# quilt push -f
    Applied patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch (forced; needs refresh)

root@castle:/# quilt push -a
    File series fully applied, ends at patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch

root@castle:/# stop LunaSysMgr && start LunaSysMgr

And the phone froze. Did a reboot, and now the phone won't boot. Gets through first, stationary palm screen, goes to alternating glow-nonglow images for about 30 seconds, and starts over. Infinite reboot cycle.

Crap.

Any ideas?

Running webosdoctor now. Didn't want to, of course, but it's not a huge deal. Thanks for the recovery tool Palm! Honestly, I wouldn't attempt half of the fun I've had playing around with the phone, if not for knowing I had that easy back-up plan all along.

It sounds like the Luna system was rebooting due to some serious errors that occured from the failed write. But you would probably still have been able to access the device via ssh/putty or novacom. If that ever happens again, you might be able to remove some files and make some space through ssh instead of having to doctor it, but hopefully everything works for you
    Well I tried updating with the preferred update method but I get this:

root@castle:/# rm /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    rm: cannot remove '/opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch': No such file or directory
    I then go on with the rest of the commands and once I reboot I end up with the older keyboard. Help would be very much appreciated.
    sorry for the stupid question but after installation how do i make the keyboard show up ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    sorry for the stupid question but after installation how do i make the keyboard show up ?
    place cursor on a field. then tap gesture area.

Yen sign is shift. upside down ? will give you symbols and numbers.
    dont foerget a sound so we knw that we have hit a key just like the old palm keyboards had.
    So I did the forced reapply as above. Now I have all my patches but I don't have the keyboard anymore, not old or new. Any clue? Did the updated patch change the way you pull up the keyboard? I got verification from the patch that it loaded but I just doesn't show up when I tap the gesture area.
    same...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    i did my yearly fresh install of debian, unfortunately i did not backup the original novacom download from palm (i had it saved to email). I was able to download the linux novacom from the developer.palm site but it seem's that this one doesnt include novaterm?

intro@phreak:~/Desktop/novacom$ find -type f
    ./usr/share/doc/novacom/changelog.gz
    ./usr/local/bin/novacomd/novacomd
    ./usr/local/bin/novacom/novacom

Does anyone know where i can get novaterm or would someone be willing to send this to me?

It would be GREATLY appreciated!

thank you,
    intro.
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just installed the keyboard, and I have to say awesome work! I am having one problem though. Landscape mode seems to have a bug. When I am in a text field and tap gesture to pull it up, it pulls up on the upper left corner in the standard portrait size. If i flip the phone to portrait and then back to landscape it enlarges. But it will not initially open bigger.

Thanks for your hard work!!!