Page 59 of 152 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 3039
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    im typing this on my on screen keyboard from my pre. although i think can be very useful at times i think the pres keyboard is so much better. Thanks for putting it out for the people!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Hey here's my attempt at porting over the HTC Hero KB to our Pre.
    Thank you, this is the cleanest looking and easiest to read keyboard so far.
    i got everyting else done to my pre but i just can figure out how to change the keyboard to the black one. i only got the one they give u off preware. the clear one
    Emoney, just wondering how things are going and if you have any screen shots of the new theme up and running . Not being pushy, just wondering.
  5.    #1166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    Emoney, just wondering how things are going and if you have any screen shots of the new theme up and running . Not being pushy, just wondering.
    Things are going well . I have added a lot of code and am working with un_designer to get a really nice looking keyboard as the default for the next release. I hope to have at least a teaser screenshot by tomorrow, if not a release. I still have some minor tweaking to do but it's very very close to ready. Stay tuned!
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Things are going well . I have added a lot of code and am working with un_designer to get a really nice looking keyboard as the default for the next release. I hope to have at least a teaser screenshot by tomorrow, if not a release. I still have some minor tweaking to do but it's very very close to ready. Stay tuned!
    Awesome!! Yeah like said i'm not trying to rush you but i am looking forward to this update more than 1.2, is that bad? I am just so impressed at how much you have done in so little time! Good luck with the tweaking!
    i'm waiting for that teaser e_money lol
  8.    #1169  
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    i'm waiting for that teaser e_money lol
    AMAZING! i want it noowww lol. Okay enough of being a little kid again, It looks fantastic. So i see you can now change themes from the pre which is a great plus! It looks very professional, props to you and everyone else who was/is involved!
    Thanks!
    Ahhh, love the keys updating. Great look. Wow, this forum is only semi-interesting with my locked down pre-1.2 Pre, but this helps!

I don't suppose delete key functionality is possible yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    Ahhh, love the keys updating. Great look. Wow, this forum is only semi-interesting with my locked down pre-1.2 Pre, but this helps!

I don't suppose delete key functionality is possible yet?
    browser delete/enter is isn't possible yet unfortunately but the keyboard's coming along nicely. i've got the template built, with a pretty good keyboard arrangement and aspect ratios of the various buttons to make it easier to use and you're less likely to accidentally click on the wrong button. subsequent updates and themes can be rolled out relatively faster, considering that we now have about 5 times the number of images than the current release, for all the various states of the keyboard.

it's sweet though
    Has any progress been made in the auto-correct function?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for the pics, they show exactly what I've been working on for my theme, though now that I see it I thought of more I want to do with it, the theme I am working on is made to look like an old school typewriter, though the keys are round with a background it makes it challenging to have the super script above the main function. I was thinking it would be cool to have another set of keys behind the first kind of cascaded, then have a little animation of them switching when you hit the function.... yeah I know eyes too big for my stomach and all. anyway, you guys are doing an outstanding job, now we just need Palm to either pay you for doing what they haven't or hire you on to make a true to life OSK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derrythe View Post
    Thank you so much for the pics, they show exactly what I've been working on for my theme, though now that I see it I thought of more I want to do with it, the theme I am working on is made to look like an old school typewriter, though the keys are round with a background it makes it challenging to have the super script above the main function. I was thinking it would be cool to have another set of keys behind the first kind of cascaded, then have a little animation of them switching when you hit the function.... yeah I know eyes too big for my stomach and all. anyway, you guys are doing an outstanding job, now we just need Palm to either pay you for doing what they haven't or hire you on to make a true to life OSK.
    don't let the superscript above the main key limit you if you want round keys this is a virtual keyboard, so that issue is easily solved with the function key updating the key as i have in the screenshots emoney posted above. the only reason i'm keeping the superscript above the main key is that for the default theme, it shouldn't vary *too* much so that it's an easier transition. there's a theme that suits every taste, and the app is very flexible in that respect.

the only thing i would suggest is to pay attention to the keyboard size for the portrait keyboard, where space is at such a premium. even for people with smaller fingers like myself, key placement plays a large role in accidental key clicks.

the perfect example is the default delete/enter placement of the physical keyboard. it's fine for the physical keyboard because there's a drag/feel action to prevent accidental clicking. on the virtual keyboard, there's no way to "feel" the keys and so it was super easy to accidentally click enter when delete was the desired key, and vice versa. in the images above, i've separated the delete key from the enter key using the drag key (which is smaller since it's not as important a key) to reduce accidental clicks on the two more important keys. the positive effect is that now the function key can also be larger as well.
    And I think the moving of the enter key was one of the best things that you could of done aside from making it in the first place :P . Again great job and I wish I could help but I am just not that fluent in javascript to help and plus you guys are doing an amazing job. Is there an ETA of when we will see this theme on our OSK. I know you said it was 95% complete but just wondering. Thanks agaain guys!

Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    don't let the superscript above the main key limit you if you want round keys this is a virtual keyboard, so that issue is easily solved with the function key updating the key as i have in the screenshots emoney posted above. the only reason i'm keeping the superscript above the main key is that for the default theme, it shouldn't vary *too* much so that it's an easier transition. there's a theme that suits every taste, and the app is very flexible in that respect.

the only thing i would suggest is to pay attention to the keyboard size for the portrait keyboard, where space is at such a premium. even for people with smaller fingers like myself, key placement plays a large role in accidental key clicks.

the perfect example is the default delete/enter placement of the physical keyboard. it's fine for the physical keyboard because there's a drag/feel action to prevent accidental clicking. on the virtual keyboard, there's no way to "feel" the keys and so it was super easy to accidentally click enter when delete was the desired key, and vice versa. in the images above, i've separated the delete key from the enter key using the drag key (which is smaller since it's not as important a key) to reduce accidental clicks on the two more important keys. the positive effect is that now the function key can also be larger as well.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I realize there are 59 pages of this thread and somewhere this has already been addressed, but when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard using the WebOS Quick Install, it downloads perfectly fine, but when I click to install it to my Pre, I get an error saying: "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

My Pre is connected to the computer perfectly fine because I've been able to install other apps with no problem. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWhittt View Post
    I realize there are 59 pages of this thread and somewhere this has already been addressed, but when I try to install the Virtual Keyboard using the WebOS Quick Install, it downloads perfectly fine, but when I click to install it to my Pre, I get an error saying: "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

My Pre is connected to the computer perfectly fine because I've been able to install other apps with no problem. Any ideas?
    I just got the same message.

I also tried to install with preware, and got this message: "Error Installing [4]"
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    I just got the same message.

I also tried to install with preware, and got this message: "Error Installing [4]"
    If any developers are reading this stuff, here's the ipkg log:

Configuring org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failureduring 'postinst' operation
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums
  19.    #1180  
    Quote Originally Posted by galneweinhaw View Post
    If any developers are reading this stuff, here's the ipkg log:

Configuring org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst)

Failed
    ErrorGenericMethodException: Failureduring 'postinst' operation
    ERROR: mismatch md5sums

Have you previously installed it via another method (e.g. quilt)?
    Have you manually modified any frameworks files?
    What version of WEBOS are you running?

The keyboard patch will fail to install (with md5sums error message) when the files it wants to patch are not stock webos 1.1 files.