Page 58 of 152 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 3039
    Haha yeah. However I have Internalz as well as the File Service installed. Clicked on Virtual keyboard through Internalz and deleted the file. For me personally I have no desire to keep the file. I suggest you back it up if you decide to use it in the future.
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    Ooooohhh, ok. I don't use it either, so I will do that. Thank you.
    when i installed the preware the "Available Patches" tab is greyed out.. help me plz
  4.    #1144  
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstang300 View Post
    when i installed the preware the "Available Patches" tab is greyed out.. help me plz
    Do you have the keyboard installed already?

Preware 0.8.5 defaults to not displaying installed packages as "available" (but can be changed in preferences).
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Hey here's my attempt at porting over the HTC Hero KB to our Pre.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    2,480 Global Posts
    How do I get that Black keyboard? I've got the light blue one but I kind of like that black one in the screen shots more.
  7.    #1147  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quis89 View Post
    How do I get that Black keyboard? I've got the light blue one but I kind of like that black one in the screen shots more.
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    I installed the onscreen keyboard via preware. In preparation for WebOS 1.2, I figured I should remove it, and did so using WebOS QuickInstall. It shows that everything is removed correctly, but if I double tap in the gesture area while a text field is active, the keyboard appears and is fully functional. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I installed the onscreen keyboard via preware. In preparation for WebOS 1.2, I figured I should remove it, and did so using WebOS QuickInstall. It shows that everything is removed correctly, but if I double tap in the gesture area while a text field is active, the keyboard appears and is fully functional. Does anyone know how to fix this?
    Did you reboot afterwards?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Yes. Once when I turned dev mode off, and once again when I noticed the keyboard was there.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    how do u make it sound? I install it , I change the theme and it works great but i cannot get it to make a sound
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Insert click1.wav into the empty quotes on the line begging with "clickFile", so that line looks like:

"clickFile": "click1.wav",

Thank you
    Would a game-oriented keyboard layout be possible?
    Perhaps with fewer lines of buttons, so it wouldn't take up much of the screen, semi-transparent background (example), including just a direction pad on one side (example) and a few 'action' buttons on the other?
    Something that could potentially look like this.
    What do you think?
    /EU/GR/
  14.    #1154  
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    Would a game-oriented keyboard layout be possible?
    Perhaps with fewer lines of buttons, so it wouldn't take up much of the screen, semi-transparent background (example), including just a direction pad on one side (example) and a few 'action' buttons on the other?
    Something that could potentially look like this.
    What do you think?

My question is, would this be useful as a framework patch available to all applications or is it better suited to a template to be included by specific applications?

The keyboard patch needs to be in the framework so that all applications including built-ins can use it in their textfields. It might be something that someone could write into a template that multiple different game apps can include and use, but I don't see it useful as a patch.
    Perhaps it could be useful with a NES emulator for webOS?
    Hey, you're the genious emoney_33
    As I understand it, if included in the framework as a patch, it would have to be entirely independent to your keyboard, right?
    We would literally have two different keyboards. Same logic but different layout and launch method?
    What's the alternative? To have it as a template and switch to it as if it were a different locale? (I believe you're working on that).
    Is it even possible to have only a few keys aligned to the sides of the screen for example?
    /EU/GR/
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Any updates coming out soon to fix typing in the web browser? Like backspace and enter. maybe even autocorrect feature? Thanks for your time dev this!
    Sprint Palm Pre-
  18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by mafia View Post
    Hey, you're the genious emoney_33
    As I understand it, if included in the framework as a patch, it would have to be entirely independent to your keyboard, right?
    One possibility to patch the framework would be to make it entirely independent yes. The virtual keyboard is a "dynamic widget" and you could also create a new dynamic widget to be whatever you want.

We would literally have two different keyboards. Same logic but different layout and launch method?
    They would have completely different layout and launch methods if it were to be implemented into the framework. If it were to become similar, then it should be integrated into keyboard as a theme perhaps

What's the alternative? To have it as a template and switch to it as if it were a different locale? (I believe you're working on that).
    It MIGHT be possible to eventually have something like this implemented as a theme that can be dynamically switched to.

Is it even possible to have only a few keys aligned to the sides of the screen for example?
    I haven't tried to see what happens when I blank keys out, although I have accidentally done this with various bugs during development.

HOWEVER, my point really is the following:

I do not believe a game-control keypad belongs in the framework. The only reason the virtual keyboard is in the framework is so that it can be used by all built-in and future applications that contain text widgets. There is no "gameplay" widget to speak of, so there isn't anything global that the game pad could control. Is there a specific reason you believe something like this (game control keyboard) should be patched into the framework?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    ...maybe you could give it some preferences also, like being able to associate sounds to the button pushes like an old typewriter or haptic feedback so the phone sort of vibrates with the key pushes or just to be able to turn this off altogether.

I also agree that this shouldn't pull up if the slider keyboard is opened, but there should be a way to bring it up if need be even if it is open. Maybe a hotkey on the slider keyboard either by default or user defined.

The more that you could make the keyboard look like the one on the pre now, the better. Instead of the plain grey boxes with red letters. Just a thought.
    i think this is great but the analog buttons ae small now imagine the virtual ones .... i think it might be a problem hitting what you want to hit so maybe have it land scape so you can make the buttons bigger but with the same layout
    is there only clear lookn on the vert. keypad or can i make the buttons black?