Page 56 of 152 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 3039
    i get the error message when i try to connect my phone.
    The backspace not working when trying to log into web pages is driving me nuts. It almost makes the keyboard useless because if you mess up trying to type in your login info then you have to open the physical keyboard just to backspace. Is this fixable in a future version?
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    The backspace not working when trying to log into web pages is driving me nuts. It almost makes the keyboard useless because if you mess up trying to type in your login info then you have to open the physical keyboard just to backspace. Is this fixable in a future version?
    there should be a fix in future versions but remember this keyboard is an alpha so u gotta chill and w8

EDIT: there's going to be many bugs which is normal
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    there should be a fix in future versions but remember this keyboard is an alpha so u gotta chill and w8

EDIT: there's going to be many bugs which is normal
    Well its better than nothing, thanks again will look forward to future bug fixes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    Well its better than nothing, thanks again will look forward to future bug fixes.
    yeah exactly its better than nothing so be thankful u have one no matter how laggy or buggy it is...im happy i have it
  6.    #1106  
    yeah exactly its better than nothing so be thankful u have one no matter how laggy or buggy it is...im happy i have it

And rest assured I will continue to work as best I can on fixing the issues. Some will take longer than others and it just so happens that the web browser issues are something that can't be easily and immediately fixed. We will almost definitely need a custom plugin to add the backspace/enter ability.

Once I get the design locked down I will be able to put more effort into the more difficult functional issues. But I have to make sure that the design is solid so that it is not a moving target for theme designers and language packs.
  7.    #1107  
    OK theme designers, I have what I think is a solid plan and path forward to open the door for greater theme control. I will use this thread to describe the new structure. Below is a template for the new theme_config.json followed by a brief description of the fields.

The grids have been removed from the default to only be included in text elements. Key images are now exactly (10%*span) X 48 pixels, with correct alignment (have -1px shift/overlap in current release to hide grids). The text-elements have a scrim back-ground for better visibility.

NOTE: I will provide a standard them_config.json with the default remix themes, so a simple copy of this file will keep your current themes working as-is.

The next release of the keyboard probably will not be until Sunday or Monday the earliest, but I wanted to get some input from designers as well as give everyone a head start on the new structure.

Code:
    [
    {"index":0, 
     "portrait":{
        "normal":{
           "keyCode":0, 
           "display":{"char":"","img":""}, 
           "output":"", 
           "span":1},
        "function":{
        "shift":{
          "span":1},},
     "landscape":{
        "normal":{
        "function":{
        "shift":{
          "span":1}}},
    ]
    The first layer of the JSON for each key element will have 3 parts:

index - index of key
    portrait - orientation JSON describing theme layout for portrait mode
    landscape - orientation JSON describing theme layout for landscape mode

Inside of the orientation JSON's we have another 3 parts:

normal - key description JSON when in normal keyboard
    function - key description JSON when function (orange) key is active
    shift - key description JSON when shift key is active

The key description JSON has the following 4 parts:

keyCode - currently only used for special action keys (shift, function, etc..)
    display - key display JSON
    output - output string when key is pressed
    span - number of element-widths to span (1 element-width=10%)

The key display JSON has 2 parts:

char - Text string to display as element if no img supplied
    img - Image to display as element

The kbchars_fulltable.json that is a part of the patch takes care of all the absolutely required fields. The only required field for theme_config.json files is "index", and this must fall between 0 and the index of the last element in the entire keyboard json which includes the symbols (somewhere around 170 or so). All other fields are optional and up to the theme designer. This gives the ability to create new themes to appear when function is activated, shift is activated, and landscape mode.

Please put some thought into this and let me know if you can think of any restrictions or other roadblocks that may hinder you from using your creativity to the best of your abilities. Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    cant wait to make a theme with a lil more options
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    And rest assured I will continue to work as best I can on fixing the issues. Some will take longer than others and it just so happens that the web browser issues are something that can't be easily and immediately fixed. We will almost definitely need a custom plugin to add the backspace/enter ability.

Once I get the design locked down I will be able to put more effort into the more difficult functional issues. But I have to make sure that the design is solid so that it is not a moving target for theme designers and language packs.
    Again thank you for taking the time to do this.
    My sym and backspace(not in browser) works perfectly, I've been reading the last six days or so, and nobody has said that their sym key works readily. Can't just be me...i have no luck But lucky to have it!!!
    Weird.. Mine did not work, then I applied the update from the Preware app and it worked. Now I just tried it to test and it is not working again. Weird indeed... ii
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    where is everyone finding this keyboard app? I tried to install it using "WebOS Quick Install" and kept getting this error. Then I moved to Preware version but couldn't find any application named in the neigborhood of keyboard. Can someone please help me out here?
    preware under patches i believe
    I am getting an error trying to install the keyboard through WebOS Install saying unable to access the directory. And won't complete the install and the keyboard wont load i updated to the new WebOS 1.2 and cant get it to install any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the updates this site and all the people on it are awesome....
    Thanks again
    I am getting an error trying to install the keyboard through WebOS Install saying unable to access the directory. And won't complete the install and the keyboard wont load i updated to the new WebOS 1.2 and cant get it to install any ideas would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the updates this site and all the people on it are awesome....
    Thanks again
    sorry for the duplicate post connection timed out
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcconnell80 View Post
    Thanks again
    unless i'm missing something, you need to download WebOS QuickInstall V2.01. Start there, then download the two ipk's for preware.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcconnell80 View Post
    Thanks again
    Doesnt work on WebOS 1.2, there's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    Doesnt work on WebOS 1.2, there's your problem.
    I wish I was one of the lucky ones. Lol
  20.    #1120  
    I will not be releasing the keyboard patch to work with any unofficial releases. When 1.2 is officially released, I will merge and release a 1.2 compatible keyboard.