Page 54 of 152 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3039
    ok forgive me for asking this if its already been asked but, in the instructions it says "Just be sure to use Preware to remove the virtual keyboard before you apply any webOS update!" Why is that necessary and since webos updates are over the air, would i have to cancel the update first then install later? sorry again i just got the pre yesterday.

btw, the os keyboard is amazing!
    ::moved:: to the right place
    XV6700>Moto Q>U740>Omnia i910>Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    I had to double-tap about 10 times before it finally brought up the keyboard. Nothing dismissed it, not even the hard keyboard. I was not able to drag it to a new location, but I am by no means sure that I was doing it right. Then I read the fine print that enter/backspace didn't work in some areas, and felt like I wasn't missing all that much. Looking forward to a later version.
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I am trying to install the keyboard by quickinstall. I keep getting the following error:

"ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)"

Anyone know what happened?
    you do not have a pristine copy of the framwork jsjsjs $file$ $or$ $of$ $the$ $global$ $css$.

One of those has been patched in the past. Perhaps you attempted to install the keyboard by hand for example.

The install REQUIRES a clean framework jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $a$ $clean$ $global$ $css$
    Quote Originally Posted by libraryguy72 View Post
    First off I wanna give HUGE props to the developers, you have truly made my Pre a very useful and functional smartphone!

Keyboard:

I love the look and the haptic feedback of the onscreen keyboard but without an auto-correct it is pretty useless to me...even makes short messages take too long to type...I'll save time by just opening up the keyboard. I hope there is a fix for the auto-correct soon!!

Maybe if I had smaller fingers it would work alot better....DOH!!!
    I second this. The keyboard has already exceeded my expectation, but it is difficult to write with with out auto0correct.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    you do not have a pristine copy of the framwork jsjsjs $file$ $or$ $of$ $the$ $global$ $css$.

One of those has been patched in the past. Perhaps you attempted to install the keyboard by hand for example.

The install REQUIRES a clean framework jsjsjs $file$ $and$ $a$ $clean$ $global$ $css$
    I get the same error, where do I get those 2 items?

I can do all the tweaks, just added the battery % on my phone, i get this:

Attempting to DL via Preware now.....

Update: Got it working via Preware!!!!

Thoughts so far: Very nice job on this project so far!!! As mentioned MANY times before, once the lag is fixed and some button issues(backspace, etc..), this will be a very good virtual keyboard.
    Last edited by imex99; 09/02/2009 at 01:36 PM.
    does anyone know how to delete the click1.wav file?
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post

Do you know of a way to obtain clean framework jsjsjs $and$ $global$ $css$ $files$? $can$ $we$ $get$ $them$ $off$ $the$ $Virtual$ $Machine$ $that$ $comes$ $with$ $the$ $SDK$?

Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Do you know of a way to obtain clean framework jsjsjs $and$ $global$ $css$ $files$? $can$ $we$ $get$ $them$ $off$ $the$ $Virtual$ $Machine$ $that$ $comes$ $with$ $the$ $SDK$?

Thanks, Tim
    I tried that way and got same error. I downloaded the preware and it worked like a charm, fast and easy!!!

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Follow instructions to the "T" and you can get it working, I did just about an hour ago and was getting same "error" as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    I tried that way and got same error. I downloaded the preware and it worked like a charm, fast and easy!!!

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Follow instructions to the "T" and you can get it working, I did just about an hour ago and was getting same "error" as you.
    I did try that method, using Preware but I still get an error.

Did you ever try copying those files from a VM Pre?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    ^Pull the files from webosdoctor, very straight forward to do so that way.
    preware=========the bomb!somebody said it earlier "its like christmas everyday now"
    These kind of posts get lost, but it sure would be nice if someone could suggest easy ways of navigating the cursor. I love the keyboard but haven't figured out yet how to move the cursor once it starts. I believe the usual functionality with the orange button that works with the real button to move the cursor up and down, left and right, does not work with the OSK. Any hints as to easy ways to move it where you want it?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    These kind of posts get lost
    That's why we have a wiki page. People should use it instead of a forum thread.

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    preware=========the bomb!somebody said it earlier "its like christmas everyday now"
    That is exactly what I think every morning when I check what Santa has left.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    made a theme for the keyboard thats similar to the keyboard on the iphone, hero, and touchpro2...

i thought it came out kinda nice so i thought i would share...

feel free to change it up as u see fit

i would love to post the screenshot but this is my first post here (i need to have minimum 10 post to put a pic here)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/l...screenshot.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/03/2009 at 11:32 AM. Reason: I removed the white space for you so that the link would work and added the screenshot
  17.    #1077  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarajasp View Post
    made a theme for the keyboard thats similar to the keyboard on the iphone, hero, and touchpro2...

i thought it came out kinda nice so i thought i would share...

feel free to change it up as u see fit

i would love to post the screenshot but this is my first post here (i need to have minimum 10 post to put a pic here)

put it on imageshack and tell us the link
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    put it on imageshack and tell us the link
    i updated the original post with a link (had to put spaces on the http)
    anyone have problems using the on screen virtual keyboard on web browser app?
    Anyone have problems using the on screen virtual keyboard on web browser app?