Page 53 of 152 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 3039
  1.    #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    My vote is just the opposite.

    The On-Screen Keyboard should function like the keyboard, just as you have done it.

    Press the Orange key:
    Once and the next key pressed with give the secondary character.
    Twice and the Orange key is locked down
    Third time and the Orange key is now off.

    The shift key works the same way and as the keyboard as well and should work the way you have done it.

    From a practical standpoint the current OSK can be used one-handed. This change would require two hands at all times and that the Pre be placed on a flat surface.

    Please leave the orange key and shift key as you have them!

    - Craig

    I can look into the possibility of having BOTH abilities (as the hard keyboard does I believe). Adding the ability to hold while pressing multiple keys may not be ideal for the oskb, but if I can work it out without effecting the current operation model, I think that would be the best case scenario.
  2. #1042  
    every time i edit the name of the theme my pre doesnt even have a keyboard i touck the gesture area twice and nothing
  3. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1043  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    (1) sym unlocks the scrolling functionality. When sym is locked, flick the keyboard up/down to scroll through the symbols.
    Thanks. Very cool.
  4.    #1044  
    Quote Originally Posted by ccunit1995c View Post
    every time i edit the name of the theme my pre doesnt even have a keyboard i touck the gesture area twice and nothing
    post your .json
  5. #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I can look into the possibility of having BOTH abilities (as the hard keyboard does I believe). Adding the ability to hold while pressing multiple keys may not be ideal for the oskb, but if I can work it out without effecting the current operation model, I think that would be the best case scenario.
    It would be fine to offer both functionalities as you are considering. I disagree with Sueff that the current function does not work well. For me it works great.

    The sluggishness at times is a bigger issue as well as the backspace not always working. I would also say that a theme chooser would be a big deal to many people.

    - Craig
  6. squeff's Avatar
    Posts
    581 Posts
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    It would be fine to offer both functionalities as you are considering. I disagree with Sueff that the current function does not work well. For me it works great.

    - Craig
    Actually, it's more that it's different from the physical keyboard. Which means that I'm finding myself doing the wrong thing, because I'm so used to it.

    I'm sure that once I use the onscreen keyboard more, I'll find myself unable to use a physical keyboard because the shift key isn't "sticky."
  7. #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    ....

    This will be undergoing some changes going forward, as the idea of an array named "list" comes from the symbols popup keyboard, which we do not need. They use to map a list of symbols to a key on the hard keyboard. e.g. when you press a on the hard keyboard with symbols popup open, it will open a sub-screen which contains all the listed elements mapped to a (all the accented a's etc...).

    The keyboard will do better with a 1:1 mapping, and I will be changing that list from an array to a single string like the "letter" field.

    I have some ideas going around in my head for what the restructuring of the .json files, theme files, and how I handle things to make it easier for language packs. Tomorrow I will review the code portions and hammer out a plan that I think will work. I will post here and/or message anyone who wants to help out with different languages the plan going forward.

    ...
    Right, so happy to hear you're willing to look into multi-language support, I'm sure you'll be making many people in many countries really happy, especially when the GSM version FINALLY comes out!

    So, based on what you said, it's better to wait and hear your thoughts on how the application and the json files will be "restructured". Until then, I'll keep experimenting of course
  8. #1048  
    First off I wanna give HUGE props to the developers, you have truly made my Pre a very useful and functional smartphone!

    Keyboard:

    I love the look and the haptic feedback of the onscreen keyboard but without an auto-correct it is pretty useless to me...even makes short messages take too long to type...I'll save time by just opening up the keyboard. I hope there is a fix for the auto-correct soon!!

    Maybe if I had smaller fingers it would work alot better....DOH!!!
  9. #1049  
    Havent read this thread too long, will this ever be able to dl this with Filecoaster?
  10. #1050  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    Havent read this thread too long, will this ever be able to dl this with Filecoaster?
    no. Filecoaster does not run post install or pre install scripts.

    This requires an advanced technology installer like webos quick install (the desktop installer) or Preware (the over-the-air installer.)

    With either of those, the installation is literally one-click
  11. #1051  
    I get "error installing"
  12. #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    no. Filecoaster does not run post install or pre install scripts.

    This requires an advanced technology installer like webos quick install (the desktop installer) or Preware (the over-the-air installer.)

    With either of those, the installation is literally one-click
    is there simple guide how to install Preware?
  13. #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    is there simple guide how to install Preware?
    Yup, there is.
  14. #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    is there simple guide how to install Preware?
    I'm a newb and I was able to follow the instructions in this blog post pretty easily.

    http://www.precentral.net/screen-vir...o-mere-mortals
  15. #1055  
    Anyone else having unknown error message? if so how do i fix it??

    I have tried to uninstall it and then install it again.

    Do I have to have it on developer mode or not?
  16. #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mononoko View Post
    thanks
  17. arcolino's Avatar
    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    #1057  
    help help, i installed the app through preware, it comes up but i do not c the icon in launcher? do i need to do something else, and the backspace in landscaping does not work? might be me, help
  18. stfd1249's Avatar
    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #1058  
    Sorry if this has been asked already but is there any chance of having the option to change to a t/9 version in the future?
  19. #1059  
    I am trying to install the keyboard by quickinstall. I keep getting the following error:

    "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)"

    Anyone know what happened?
  20. #1060  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I am trying to install the keyboard by quickinstall. I keep getting the following error:

    "ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)"

    Anyone know what happened?
    Does it really have webosinternals twice in the name like that?

    Jason really needs to work how to display the output from the script back to the user so he can debug these script problems. If you use Preware to install the virtual keyboard (like it says in the virtual keyboard instructions) then you can open the IPKG Log menu item to see the errors and report them.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions