Page 52 of 152 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3039
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    big tuna: the same thing happened to me once I installed " download in browser". My "web" card would not load or even load my bookmarks.

Here's what I did: went to "phone" like I was going to call someone.
    Then clicked on "preferences".
    Scrolled to the bottom and clicked "update network settings". Fixed my troubles like a charm.
    That's good to know, thanks rdethree.
    Hi guys

I installed the VK and when i use it to chat i cant see the response of the other person, the vk is blocking it. any work around this?
  3.    #1023  
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    Hi guys

I installed the VK and when i use it to chat i cant see the response of the other person, the vk is blocking it. any work around this?
    The keyboard is draggable, tap one of the blank buttons in the bottom corner to enable dragging, and then drag and drop the keyboard where you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The keyboard is draggable, tap one of the blank buttons in the bottom corner to enable dragging, and then drag and drop the keyboard where you like.
    omg i didnt realize that....that makes this so much better!!!
    is there a way to implement....when u drag it to c the latest text messages and u drag it up....then the pre goes to sleep...then when u receive a message u pull up the keyboard again...would there be a way that the keyboard remembers where u had it last?
    i confused how do i get this theme
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    You have to edit the THEME file which can be located when connecting your phone through USB mode.
    how do i edit it im really not good at this
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    When you go into your PRE via USB. You will see a virtual keyboard folder. Open that up and you will see a THEMES folder with all the themes. Find the name of the theme you want then open up the THEME file in wordpad and change the name of the theme to the one you want to use. Save it and eject your pre and you now have a new theme.

You can download more themes and insert them into the theme folder and then again, change the name in the theme file via wordpad / notepad

I'm sitting in class right now so thats the best description i can give you without looking at the files at the moment. It's very simple
    i now but how do i edit it it says themes wat do i do
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Wow, 52 pages of comments.

Anyway, I'm finding this to be an excellent addition to my Pre. So far, my issues are limited to a few and things I'm sure others have reported:

(1) Sym doesn't work. Or, I don't understand it.

(2) Backspace (delete) only works about 25% of the time. It almost never works in landscape mode (perhaps this is a browser issue).

(3) It's a little awkward to press shift (or orange) and then the letter. It's be nice to be able to "hold down" these modifier keys. Not a big deal, though.

(4) Not the fault of this tool, but the web browser doesn't let you enter URLs in landscape mode. They know there's no keyboard, so they don't let you do it. Not that the virtual keyboard will always come up in portrait mode for the URL field, anyway.

I love being able to move it around, by the way! This is a nice addition (took me a while to realize it was there, however).

In the end, this shows great promise. I already use it quite often, even in portrait mode.
  12.    #1032  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    is there a way to implement....when u drag it to c the latest text messages and u drag it up....then the pre goes to sleep...then when u receive a message u pull up the keyboard again...would there be a way that the keyboard remembers where u had it last?
    Without being able to go into the code (I'm at work), I would think this would be relatively difficult. The keyboard is a dynamic widget in the framework opened by the scene controller, which is all cleaned up when the scene is done. There would need to be a way to save the state on a scene-by-scene basis within an app-by-app basis.

I could possibly create a cookie for each scene that pulls up the keyboard and remember its location that way. I will add it to the list and look into it at some point in time. I'd have to say that it would be relatively low on the priority list at this point though. Keep all the ideas coming!
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Wow, 52 pages of comments.

Anyway, I'm finding this to be an excellent addition to my Pre. So far, my issues are limited to a few and things I'm sure others have reported:

(1) Sym doesn't work. Or, I don't understand it.

(2) Backspace (delete) only works about 25% of the time. It almost never works in landscape mode (perhaps this is a browser issue).

(3) It's a little awkward to press shift (or orange) and then the letter. It's be nice to be able to "hold down" these modifier keys. Not a big deal, though.

(4) Not the fault of this tool, but the web browser doesn't let you enter URLs in landscape mode. They know there's no keyboard, so they don't let you do it. Not that the virtual keyboard will always come up in portrait mode for the URL field, anyway.

I love being able to move it around, by the way! This is a nice addition (took me a while to realize it was there, however).

In the end, this shows great promise. I already use it quite often, even in portrait mode.

(1) sym unlocks the scrolling functionality. When sym is locked, flick the keyboard up/down to scroll through the symbols.

(2) Known issue in webview because the browser adapter does not supply any method to submit backspace/enter to its textfields.

(3) Not sure why it would be easier to hold than to tap? If you tap either a 2nd time it will "lock" and not unlock until you tap it again.

(4) I THINK this was added to the enable-browser-download patch. Check the thread on that to patch the landscape url functionality.

Thanks for the comments!
    If I installed this via Preware, will it notify me when there is an update just like a regular app or will I need to monitor this thread and remove/reapply manually?
  15.    #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    If I installed this via Preware, will it notify me when there is an update just like a regular app or will I need to monitor this thread and remove/reapply manually?
    It will notify you, however in the current version of Preware (0.7.7), "update" feature for patches doesn't work correctly. You will see the update available, but in order to install it will have to do a remove/reinstall of the virtual keyboard. This will be fixed, be sure to monitor the Preware sticky on homebrew forum
    It will notify you, however in the current version of Preware (0.7.7), "update" feature for patches doesn't work correctly. You will see the update available, but in order to install it will have to do a remove/reinstall of the virtual keyboard. This will be fixed, be sure to monitor the Preware sticky on homebrew forum
    OK cool. Thanks!
    I feel it is very difficult to see the characters when using the symbol key. Perhaps the solution is to lose the transparency on these characters?

See image below:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MLJones8; 09/01/2009 at 12:15 PM.
  18.    #1038  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    I feel it is very difficult to see the characters when using the symbol key. Perhaps the solution is to loose the transparency on these characters?

See image below:
    How do you find that difficult to see! :P

hehe, yes I know the symbols can be a pain depending on the scene and I will be fixing this, or at least allowing theme designers to fix the background/look for it in the next release. I will be putting a lot of thought into the design and underlying infrastructure for the next release.
    how do i edit these themes with word pad
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    ...(3) It's a little awkward to press shift (or orange) and then the letter. It's be nice to be able to "hold down" these modifier keys. Not a big deal, though...
    My vote is just the opposite.

The On-Screen Keyboard should function like the keyboard, just as you have done it.

Press the Orange key:
    Once and the next key pressed with give the secondary character.
    Twice and the Orange key is locked down
    Third time and the Orange key is now off.

The shift key works the same way and as the keyboard as well and should work the way you have done it.

From a practical standpoint the current OSK can be used one-handed. This change would require two hands at all times and that the Pre be placed on a flat surface.

Please leave the orange key and shift key as you have them!

- Craig