Page 51 of 152 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 3039
    thats very weird, ive had that happen to me before, its happens very random, but i usually find that turning my phone off then waiting a minute or two and then turning my fone back on fixes that or sometimes it fixes itself, and this also happened before i used this patch so im not sure its just this patch

if someone posted something that helped you out dont forget to push the thanks button and let 'em they helped

always make backups of the files you mod, that or get accquainted with WebOs DR
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    You can install GNU from WebOS 2.02 Quick Install (see internals menu).
    Sorry, I just reread it and saw you had writtten that. My bad.
    big tuna: the same thing happened to me once I installed " download in browser". My "web" card would not load or even load my bookmarks.

Here's what I did: went to "phone" like I was going to call someone.
    Then clicked on "preferences".
    Scrolled to the bottom and clicked "update network settings". Fixed my troubles like a charm.
    Since more people are now interested in languages, I'm going to post my "findings" so far so that emoney_33 can point all of us in the right direction to move this forward.

First of all, in my case:
    - Greek has a 1 to 1 mapping to English. What this means is that each key on an English keyboard can be mapped to a Greek one and you're set. No need to add (or remove!) any characters.
    - We use a QWERTY keyboard, so I didn't have anything to do with QWERTZ or AZERTY files

What I did:
    - Took an existing theme and changed the graphics to reflect the Greek characters. Simple. Didn't change the json file since it's convenient to keep the mapping as it is.
    - Edited the kbchars_fulltable.json file (opening it in Komodo, making sure encoding was set to UTF-8 otherwise it didn't work) and changed "letter" for all english characters replacing it with the Greek ones. Didn't change "list", "keyCode" or anything else, as I said, mapping remains.
    - Replaced the kbchars_fulltable.json file in my current locale (en_us) with mine and changed the keyboard theme to mine

Result:
    - Fully (well, almost) functional greek keyboard

Bugs:
    - Really strange: When you open the keyboard, everything is fine. After using it for a while, some characters (especially x,c,v) go crazy and instead of inputting the greek equivalent of x,c,v they start inputting a specific greek character (the greek equivalent of "w"). After a while, more keys follow and they all input that same character. If you close and reopen the keyboard, it's fixed but only for a while!

Questions:
    - What does the kbchars_table.json file do? Didn't make any changes to it but the keyboard still worked in Greek.

Suggestions:
    - It would be nice if we could dynamically change language while typing. For example, the bottom left key (which now does the same thing as the bottom right one, i.e. scrolling) can be used to select language. In the keyboard's config file, we could add all the locales (with corresponding themes) that we want to be displayed when we press the "language switch" button.

As I said, emoney_33 is the one to tell us whether there is a better way to do it all. I was just too excited and couldn't wait to do something
    When you say other lang packs I assume only latin, not right to left . Ex:hebrew
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by DuStU
    I keep getting this error "An Error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)

Please help me with a solution

Quote Originally Posted by crusty19 View Post
    Sounds like you didn't load the package Manager Services, you will find this the same place as the virtual keyboard package (Webos-Internals Feed (all)).

I loaded it and it still didnt work.... how do I uninstall the package manager services? also I still dont have a solution to the error I am getting
    Can someone address whether they have installed this patch using WebOS Quick Install successfully? it's very hard to tell, since apparently most have installed it through Preware.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    @davidra I can confirm it works with WebOS Quick Install.

You have to make sure you don't have the keyboard already installed another way, like through quilt. To install it with WebOS Quick Install you have to delete the patch from quilt.

Once its been removed then you can download it through WebOS Quick Install.

Hope this helps.
    Anyone else not able to pin point the cursor since installing the kb?
    I had too much trouble with WebOS Quick Install, on the patch. Kept getting the error that everyone is reporting.

I ended up in the end using Preware.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I had too much trouble with WebOS Quick Install, on the patch. Kept getting the error that everyone is reporting.

I ended up in the end using Preware.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

12.    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by symos View Post
    Since more people are now interested in languages, I'm going to post my "findings" so far so that emoney_33 can point all of us in the right direction to move this forward.

First of all, in my case:
    - Greek has a 1 to 1 mapping to English. What this means is that each key on an English keyboard can be mapped to a Greek one and you're set. No need to add (or remove!) any characters.
    - We use a QWERTY keyboard, so I didn't have anything to do with QWERTZ or AZERTY files

What I did:
    - Took an existing theme and changed the graphics to reflect the Greek characters. Simple. Didn't change the json file since it's convenient to keep the mapping as it is.
    - Edited the kbchars_fulltable.json file (opening it in Komodo, making sure encoding was set to UTF-8 otherwise it didn't work) and changed "letter" for all english characters replacing it with the Greek ones. Didn't change "list", "keyCode" or anything else, as I said, mapping remains.
    - Replaced the kbchars_fulltable.json file in my current locale (en_us) with mine and changed the keyboard theme to mine

Result:
    - Fully (well, almost) functional greek keyboard

Bugs:
    - Really strange: When you open the keyboard, everything is fine. After using it for a while, some characters (especially x,c,v) go crazy and instead of inputting the greek equivalent of x,c,v they start inputting a specific greek character (the greek equivalent of "w"). After a while, more keys follow and they all input that same character. If you close and reopen the keyboard, it's fixed but only for a while!

Questions:
    - What does the kbchars_table.json file do? Didn't make any changes to it but the keyboard still worked in Greek.

Suggestions:
    - It would be nice if we could dynamically change language while typing. For example, the bottom left key (which now does the same thing as the bottom right one, i.e. scrolling) can be used to select language. In the keyboard's config file, we could add all the locales (with corresponding themes) that we want to be displayed when we press the "language switch" button.

As I said, emoney_33 is the one to tell us whether there is a better way to do it all. I was just too excited and couldn't wait to do something

Awesome job tracking this down, and giving language packs a kickstart!!

Currently the kbchars_table.json is useless, it was a leftover from the symbols port that use a alternatechars_fulltable.json and alternatechars.json.

The kbchars_fulltable.json is absolutely the place to start. The "list" part of it is an array, containing the html for displayed characters on the keyboard (i.e. what you would see when the keyboard is open but no image themes are used). The "letter" is the text that will output when that element is pressed.

This will be undergoing some changes going forward, as the idea of an array named "list" comes from the symbols popup keyboard, which we do not need. They use to map a list of symbols to a key on the hard keyboard. e.g. when you press a on the hard keyboard with symbols popup open, it will open a sub-screen which contains all the listed elements mapped to a (all the accented a's etc...).

The keyboard will do better with a 1:1 mapping, and I will be changing that list from an array to a single string like the "letter" field.

I have some ideas going around in my head for what the restructuring of the .json files, theme files, and how I handle things to make it easier for language packs. Tomorrow I will review the code portions and hammer out a plan that I think will work. I will post here and/or message anyone who wants to help out with different languages the plan going forward.

Great job with the language pack symos, and I think it's an awesome idea to have dynamic language packs for the keyboard!

I have a lot of things to re-think and rework in the structure of the keyboard, including better options/control for theme designers. Now that the keyboard is in a relatively stable state, I will continue to expand on that and hopefully will have more detailed plan by tomorrow evening.
    Can someone please show me how the json file is supposed to look like because I think I messed it up!
  14.    #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 3 View Post
    Can someone please show me how the json file is supposed to look like because I think I messed it up!
    Which json file? If kb_config.json, then you can simply remove it, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard to get the default one back.
    Thanx!!!!!!!!! Now do you know how to make the sound work?
  16.    #1016  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash 3 View Post
    Thanx!!!!!!!!! Now do you know how to make the sound work?

Insert click1.wav into the empty quotes on the line begging with "clickFile", so that line looks like:

"clickFile": "click1.wav",
    heyy guys i need help deleting this through putty/quilt.

first i tried quilt delete /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch and said "cannot remove blah blah read file only"

then i tried quilt pop /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch and got the same message.

then tried quilt pop -f and same message. =( any help please
    Quote Originally Posted by olsen10287 View Post
    heyy guys i need help deleting this through putty/quilt.

first i tried quilt delete /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch and said "cannot remove blah blah read file only"

then i tried quilt pop /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch and got the same message.

then tried quilt pop -f and same message. =( any help please
    you need to do
    Code:
     sudo mount -o remount,rw /
    to make the filesystem writable. And then
    Code:
    sudo mount -o remount,ro /
    when you're done
    I know this has nothing to do with it but how do u openn a comand prompt
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    you need to do
    Code: