Page 49 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    how do you remove the patch? it says its still installed on my phone but it never comes up...also when i try to install it via quickinstall it gives me an error when trying to run org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst

anybody please help...i tried puting my phone in airplane mode but it keeps going offline for some reason and this all happened when i tried to update the virtual keyboard...but only goes offline when hooked up via USB...any reason for this?

When i try to remove all patches with "quilt pop -a" and i get this error:
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch does not remove cleanly (refresh it or enforce with -f)

I also tried installing the patch again via the commands and i get an error about pushing the patch and then another error about installing it
    Last edited by edbtzy; 08/30/2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    This won't install for me either...I originally did the initial installs, and just kept upgrading...via the rooted ipkg way, then via the shell script....but cannot install this via neither preWare nor WebOS Quick Installer version 2.02...

and I have removed it via Preware then rebooted, then tried to install it...

Removed it via WebOSQuickInstall, rebooted, then tried to install it...vice versa...all of the combinations that i could think of...none of them work...

I get the prompt for the script, accept it, then get an error installing...

In WebOSQuickInstall I get the same message many others get about postint failing...
    I also am having trouble installing this. I tried with WebOS Quick Install and Preware both.

I put my phone in Developer Mode, ran WebOS Quick Install and did the download and install of .13. The phone turns off and reboots as it's saying it's installing the app.

It even does this when I tried to install via Preware with the patches. In Preware the app shows only in Patches. I install the app and then I get the question, I say OK and then the phone does the reboot.

After that I do see the app installed via Preware.

So I try to open an new email and I double tap and nothing happens.

So I can only figure that nothing is really installed correctly even though it's reporting that the it's installed.

I've tried to reboot, put in airplane mode. Nada!

I have one question, I did apply some of the 'tweaks' that WebOS Quick Installed offered.

Do these have to be untweaked?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

One thing that annoys my of the onscreen keyboard is that when ur typing in portrate mode in a text message and a notification comes in...the messaging text box moves up but the keyboard doesn't...only way to fix is by taking out the OSK and putting it up again
    Wow!!!! I just figured out what was wrong, let me correct this statement, what I was doing wrong.

I kept installing and remover over and over again. Using WebOS Quick Install and Preware multiple times.

And on the last shot, I was about to remove it when I it finally hit me.

The instructions were to double tap to get the keyboard on the screen, I forgot that I need to double tap in the gesture area!

How stupid am I for not realizing this, it must have been working all along and I just wasn't doing the right steps to get it turn on.

THE GESTURE AREA!

And it looks nice, I have not played around with it just yet, I wanted to post this as fast as I could so nobody would waste their time trying to help me.

Thank you!

Rob

PS I don't know if this has been asked before or not, but is there a way to get some cursor keys added? I would like to move the cursor with some keys rather than Palm's way. And a CTRL or ALT key, so I could do a copy and paste function (when it's permitted to do those functions) Thanks!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 08/30/2009 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Wanted to add a PS
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

After using it, I have only one thought. Why the **** did I want this again?

Unless I only have to type 3 letters or something, this is useless. The actual keyboard is that much better and faster. If it goes landscape that may be another story.
    It does go landscape. Go onto a webpage and try it (if you haven't enabled email or messaging landscape tweaks).
    Quote Originally Posted by summer smile View Post
    It does go landscape. Go onto a webpage and try it (if you haven't enabled email or messaging landscape tweaks).
    you are right kind sir.

I take what I said back
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    Yea i finally got mine to work...i rebooted for the 15th time and it finally installed!
    I'd like to start off by saying that this app/hack that you've done is surprisingly user friendly. It is an amazing work in progress and I'm excited to see the finished product...in the meantime I'll enjoy the beta version.

I just had a couple of things that I would suggest...

I think that it would be great that when you pull up the VK, whatever you had on the screen would resize and move up higher on the screen. This way you can still see what you were doing. If this was done, their would be no need for the keypad to be opaque.

I'm not a developer of any sort so I don't know if this is possible, just thought that I'd give my 2 cents...keep up the good work.
    The back button doesn't work in landscape mode on the web for me.
    This may be repetitive, but my virual keyboard iswhite. How do I get the black keyborad everyone is talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlross06 View Post
    This may be repetitive, but my virual keyboard iswhite. How do I get the black keyborad everyone is talking about?
    very easily... (talked about on almost every other page)

but here...

plug pre in... go to USB mode.
    open the keyboard folder.
    open the config file... edit it from "remix_clear" or whatever... to "remix_classic" then save it... and your good.
    did the update, now 'enter' key does not work in browser... dunno if this is as known as the backspace
    Hallelujah! I finally figured out how to root my Pre using my brand spanking new Mac Pro

I was able to get the on screen keyboard and change the color theme. Really happy with it, works fantastic, thanks a bunch!

Seems rooting is really easy on the mac too.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I keep getting this error "An Error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)

Please help me with a solution
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I am using preware and it says that I can update. When I hit update it fails to update. Do i have to Remove and then install the newest version via Preware?

Thanks
    Added a different theme and got the vib on 50. Works GREAT! Thanks to Diane and all the others that helped me with this issue.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DuStU View Post
    I keep getting this error "An Error occured while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)

Please help me with a solution
    Sounds like you didn't load the package Manager Services, you will find this the same place as the virtual keyboard package (Webos-Internals Feed (all)).
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    update...I figured out my issue...it was the download in browser patch that doesn't install properly...somehow that's failing, which stops the series...I'll have to restore those files to the original settings, remove the ones that it adds, and then start over...