Page 48 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To everyone who has been having problems installing the virtual keyboard in the last 8 hours, please try again now with version 0.1.3

0.1.3 has no functional changes to the keyboard itself, but fixes some installation problems and adds icon and homepage and screenshot metadata to the packaging in preparation for the next Preware version.

-- Rod
    alright i couldnt update bc it gave an error so i removed it and then installed it and now its doing the giu reset thing
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    I tried removing and installing the new one and now nothing is working for me!! My phone keeps going OFFLINE and i just keep getting error updating!! somebody pelase help!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Just loaded new version and it works!!!

Thanks to everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    I tried removing and installing the new one and now nothing is working for me!! My phone keeps going OFFLINE and i just keep getting error updating!! somebody pelase help!
    Try putting your phone into airplane mode and the take it out. After that try completely un-installing the keyboard, reboot, and then reinstall.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

I saw the update on Preware today. I did the update option, it says some error. The update option is now gone, the keyboard and everything else appears to work fine, and it says I have verison 0.1.3. Despite the error, I guess it worked?
    My virtual keyboard in not working after installing it following the instruction posted by Dieter at precentral website. Preware shows it to be installed and also rebooted my pre several times. However, the virtual keyboard will not pop open after double-taping the gesture area while am on messaging, internet or memos. Not sure what else to do now. I would appreciate any help.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    working now!
    there is an update Patch ON PreWare
    Do That it will work
    anyone having trouble updating through PreWare? Should I uninstall the keyboard first? It gives me an error when I try to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    anyone having trouble updating through PreWare? Should I uninstall the keyboard first? It gives me an error when I try to update.
    its ok....just remove the keyboard patch and then install it again...it'll work
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    If you look at the version number in availble patches it should say 1.3. I had the same error.

But even though mine did 1.3 I still removed it, rebooted, and then reinstalled. No error once I did a fresh reinstall.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

For ur virtual keyboard work you need put ur cursor over the place you going to write and double tap the gesture area ... Try that
    WORKED LIKE A CHARM! No problems at all! Opened via Preware,got the black screen with the red and green buttons, said ok, did the GUI reboot, and vollia! it worked great! Thanks for addressing the issue so fast. I was so upset that this was the only app I had a problem with.

Now I will go and find out how to change the themes of my new OSK.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    When I clicked on update it pilled up the script warning and I clicked ok. After a couple of seconds it said "error installing" so I backed out and looked at the install patches in PreWare and it showed the updated version. So don't know what the error was all about.

Keyboard still seems to function fine.

I then uninstalled the keyboard and reinstalled. Script seem to run fine this time. Must be something in the update process.

FYI
    Yes, the update process is not rock solid yet. We're working on it.

The work-around for any update problems is to remove the patch, and reinstall it. If that doesn't work in Preware, then use WebOS Quick Install to remove it, and then Preware to install it again.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Got it working. However, I think I found a bug.

When I try to use the virtual keyboard in the email client it won't let me enter more than one character before it puts the cursor to the "To:" line.

Thanks for all the great work on this!
    Alright people, i need help..how do i add haptic feedback to the keyboard i installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Alright people, i need help..how do i add haptic feedback to the keyboard i installed?
    It doesn't really say how to do it exactly on the first post, but there is a link to the wiki. On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Scroll down the page and you'll find instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    You will see a file in the virtual-keyboard directory (folder) of your PRE. In the folder you will see a file called kb_config.json, you need to open that file in your text editor of choice (notepad, wordpad, texpad)

this is what you will see:

{
    "haptic": 0,
    "clickFile": "",
    "theme": "classic_remix"
    }

and change the number on the line that says haptic to a number between like 50-100. (I have tried 30 and get nothing, and 90 and it lags the keys too long. 50 is just about right
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    While using the keyboard if I start to type too fast sometimes the cursor gets placed at the begiining of the text string.
    All is well now after reinstalling PreWare. Thanks.