Page 47 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
    Ha probably no takers on that one!! well ill chk back later I was excited to get this far im sure someone more computer literate than I will figure out whats wrong sooner or later (hopefully sooner) good luck everyone..
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Be interesting to see (if somebody wants to play guinea pig) if somebody who installed it before the latest patch was to uninstall and then reinstall with the new patch if it stops working. I'm guessing it won't work after the update/new install.

EDIT: Holy Bad Grammar Batman!
    HAHAHAH ya Tempting, but no thanks
    I already inadvertently tested your hypothesis when I was flying through Preware deleting stuff I didn't want and accidentally removed the keyboard. I tried to reinstall it, and found myself facing the same errors you are all describing, no matter what I try to do to fix it.
    Diane is this the only way to get the VKB i know there are other methods that arent working but are they installing the same 8/30 file?
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    I'm having the same problem. It was working yesterday. I uninstalled for the update, got the GUI message, tried to reinstall and no GUI message but it said it installed. Not sure what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Be interesting to see (if somebody wants to play guinea pig) if somebody who installed it before the latest patch was to uninstall and then reinstall with the new patch if it stops working. I'm guessing it won't work after the update/new install.

EDIT: Holy Bad Grammar Batman!

As I stated, that is what happened to me.

Working yesterday, saw the update this morning, uninstalled, reinstalled -- not working.
    To everyone who has been having problems installing the virtual keyboard in the last 8 hours, please try again now with version 0.1.3

0.1.3 has no functional changes to the keyboard itself, but fixes some installation problems and adds icon and homepage and screenshot metadata to the packaging in preparation for the next Preware version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Thankyou sooooo much it seems to be working
    confirmed working!! i dont know what ya did but thanks alot!!
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Awesome, seems to be working now! Thank you so much!
    There it is! Thank you!
    Hahaha, that's hilarious.. I JUST installed the virtual keyboard for the first time ever about a minute before you released that update. I rebooted the phone RIGHT AFTER install from Preware, then when I brought it back up, it told me an update was available for the VKB. Installed the update, then I got the screen to click Ok, View or Cancel (or whatever they were). Seems everything is working now though.
    GEE!! Thank YOU sooo much for rescuing all these really bummed out people!

And I was just about to post the file hierchy in a last ditch effort that perhaps the script was just NOT creating the files and directores..

I'll be curious to see who ELSE this helps instantly!!!!

Thanks for all your very brilliant efforts around here Rwhitby!!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    YEA buddy
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Today was the first time I attempted to install, I believe that I read somewhere that someone had removed the existing patch and attempted to use the 8/30 patch, having no luck! I think that the 8/30 patch is the culprit!.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    YEEESSSS haven't been this excited since the advent of the dollar menu @ the Mac.

Many thanks!
    dont know if its been posted but backspace doesn't seem to work in google maps or browser
    Quote Originally Posted by grifter600 View Post
    dont know if its been posted but backspace doesn't seem to work in google maps or browser
    Thats been a known issue from the beginning, its something to do with the actual info available to programmers from the PRE OS, just cant be done at THIS point..
    Just tried downloading after the fix for the first time and I get error message " an error occured while attempting to run/var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1). Any ideas??? I have windows Vista 64 bit; have already used the tweaks and they work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    To everyone who has been having problems installing the virtual keyboard in the last 8 hours, please try again now with version 0.1.3

0.1.3 has no functional changes to the keyboard itself, but fixes some installation problems and adds icon and homepage and screenshot metadata to the packaging in preparation for the next Preware version.

-- Rod
    When I clicked on update it pilled up the script warning and I clicked ok. After a couple of seconds it said "error installing" so I backed out and looked at the install patches in PreWare and it showed the updated version. So don't know what the error was all about.

Keyboard still seems to function fine.

I then uninstalled the keyboard and reinstalled. Script seem to run fine this time. Must be something in the update process.

FYI
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    When I clicked on update it pilled up the script warning and I clicked ok. After a couple of seconds it said "error installing" so I backed out and looked at the install patches in PreWare and it showed the updated version. So don't know what the error was all about.

Keyboard still seems to function fine.

I then uninstalled the keyboard and reinstalled. Script seem to run fine this time. Must be something in the update process.

FYI
    This was my experience as well.