Page 46 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andymac85 View Post
    same problem as the rest of the recent posters, not asking if I want to run the script
    Same here realy want to get this working
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    says its instaled now warning to click ok on and can not get it to launch
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    Same here realy want to get this working
    same here...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    This happened to me last night, I wasn't too concerned because I was already going to WebOs Dr it, but yeah, it got really slow.

Once you WebOs Dr it's fine.

Funny thing is this works great on my wifes. And her regular keyboard is a little nicer than mine (mine has low rebound rate, hers seems stiffer and more responsive). So the Pre was a b-day present for me and hers seems to work better all around....I'm not happy!

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaManiac View Post
    Yeah, the phone is nearly unresponsive now. I'll WEBOSDoctor it and see what happens.

As for the directory structure, I checked that before I tried reinstalling it - it was never there.

Hopefully, I won't lose EVDO this time when I doctor it like I did on the last phone...
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    I had problem with installation of the virtual screen keyboard. To solve it I removed all tweaks and patches as well as preware. I then first installed GNU update, reinstalled preware, installed the virtual keyboard patch (since it changes WEBOS directly), and then turned on each tweak one by one with auto software reboot. Everything is now working perfectly.
    I really believe the above is on the right track here. From years and years of hair pulling from software installations gone south, the path to recovery was always bringing back the injured system to a cleaner state before any of the afflictions began. Simply uninstalling the errant patch doesnt seem to get all the pieces that have gone bad.

As for the "Tweaks" I do not believe those are considered the HomeBrews, just the actualy system tweaks, like things you may have checked from the Quick Installer Tweaks tool. (unless you are more advanced, and actually applied patches via quilt)

Try taking off ALL those checks, then, remove Preware, then, as the OP mentions install the GNU Update (maybe ujsc can post some link or info about that, I saw it someplace but dont recallwhere) , then RE Install Package Service, PreWare with WebOs Quick Installer, I would re boot at that point. Then with Preware re install the Virtual Keyboard Patch.

Ahhh found the GNU Patch.. its one of the options in the internals feed on WebOsQuick Install

gnu.jpg

One of the clues, that it should work ok, is when you DO install the keybaord, you should get the prompt from the installer that the script is going to run.

IF when installing the KB, you are NOT getting the above screen, then it most likely will not install and create everything it needs to.

Id be sooooooooo in a happy place, if SOMEONE who is having these problems, gets past it from some of what has been shared here by everyone trying to help each other. I SO love when people play nice together.

But thats just me..
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/30/2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: GNU patch
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    it seems the file has been modified, as others have noted the date change
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Yea I dont get that prompt
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    By "tweaks" do you mean all the apps I have from homebrew?

I really want the OSk because of how useful it would be, but really doesn't seem to be the way to go about installing it. Guess I'm going to be stuck waiting.

Thanks anyway.
    No Jason Robitaille's tweaks are a series of minor/major functionality changes to the pre itself. They are not apps and are reversible through his program (see his version 2.01 update link).
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    I really believe the above is on the right track here. From years and years of hair pulling from software installations gone south, the path to recovery was always bringing back the injured system to a cleaner state before any of the afflictions began. Simply uninstalling the errant patch doesnt seem to get all the pieces that have gone bad.

As for the "Tweaks" I do not believe those are considered the HomeBrews, just the actualy system tweaks, like things you may have checked from the Quick Installer Tweaks tool. (unless you are more advanced, and actually applied patches via quilt)

Try taking off ALL those checks, then, remove Preware, then, as the OP mentions install the GNU Update (maybe ujsc can post some link or info about that, I saw it someplace but dont recallwhere) , then RE Install Package Service, PreWare with WebOs Quick Installer, I would re boot at that point. Then with Preware re install the Virtual Keyboard Patch.

Ahhh found the GNU Patch.. its one of the options in the internals feed on WebOsQuick Install

gnu.jpg

One of the clues, that it should work ok, is when you DO install the keybaord, you should get the prompt from the installer that the script is going to run.

IF when installing the KB, you are NOT getting the above screen, then it most likely will not install and create everything it needs to.

Id be sooooooooo in a happy place, if SOMEONE who is having these problems, gets past it from some of what has been shared here by everyone trying to help each other. I SO love when people play nice together.

But thats just me..
    You can install GNU from WebOS 2.02 Quick Install (see internals menu).
    Last edited by ujsc; 08/30/2009 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    You can install GNU from WebOS 2.02 Quick Install.
    Can you please post the actual link for this? I dont see it, and Im sure it would be greatly appreciated for so many seem to be really having problems with this today..

Ahh you changed this as I was posting..

Isnt that what I said?? to do the GNU update from WebOS 2.02 Quick Install??

Lets see if this works for anyone having the problem
    What version KB Patch are u using 08/28 or 08/30
    I think the problem is the 8/30 Patch
    Same thing here. Did all the steps via the webOSinstaller, have everything I'm suppose to have, Preware saysinstalled, but never got the "OK,View" window after hitting install, went right to app installed, like everyone else.
    @dcohen2009
    and
    @ GregandTink

Ya, it just may be the date thing..

But GregandTink? DID you uninstall then re do the GNU Patch from WebOs Quick Install Internals?
    Also Im wondering, has ANYONE who JUST started trying to get this KB thing, and just started for the first time, today, actually gotten it working?

Greg? Did you say you JUST started today?

*sigh* I feel bad for all you guys who are having such a hard time..
    I have followed the instructions in detail. The one screen I do not get is the VK needs to run a script. Have removed and reinstalled everything. Not running any tweaks and can connect to the phone just fine. The VK does not open up, even though it says its installed. What could be the problem here? Seems others are in the same boat...
    Has Anyone Got it working with The 08/30 Patch - I think this is Our Problem
    I have tried for the absolute first time today and am having the same problem it just says app installed no script warning is there anyway of getting the 8/28 file off a working Pre KB??
    I think we HAVE nailed down the issue, the 8/30 update.. seems NOT ONE person who is working with THIS version, has gotten it to work

Eric? RBoatright? Dieter? Anyone around today????
    I tried to install this today, for the first time, with both Preware and WebOSQI. I'm having the same problem as everyone else. No confirmation screen, just the "installed" message and no VKB anywhere to be found.

I have:

Deleted and reinstalled WOSQI, after trying to install VKB through that app. No dice.

Deleted and reinstalled WOSQI, Preware and the Package app. Before and after downloading the VKB patch, 3 times (with soft reboots between each delete/reinstall).

Tried one last time, deleted WOSQI, Preware, the Package app. Reinstalled QI, updated my GNU Patch, and reinstalled the package app and Preware. Still, no dice.

The only thing I did not do was delete all of my homebrews or tweaks. I'd like to have the VKB, but not that badly.

It seems like it's just this version that's not working properly. Let's wait and see what the developers (who are MAD AWESOMESAUCE, thank you!) have to say?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Be interesting to see (if somebody wants to play guinea pig) if somebody who installed it before the latest patch was to uninstall and then reinstall with the new patch if it stops working. I'm guessing it won't work after the update/new install.

EDIT: Holy Bad Grammar Batman!