Page 45 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3540414243444546474849505595145 ... LastLast
    For some reason mine won't launch.

I've got Preware installed and I installed the patch.

It even shows up that I can remove it however when I double tap the gesture area the keyboard will not launch.

It was in developer mode so I tried it out of developer mode, I even reset the device but nothing.

One thing that I've noticed, when I install the patch it will not reset like the video/wiki pages say.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    I just did a reinstall again and still no folder is showing up. I guess I will monitor this forum for a few days and see what we learn.

Diane your help has been WONDERFUL. I know it can't be easy trying to give assistance over chat like this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!
    It a shame that all my other 40+ apps installed w/o a hitch and the one I want the most and would use the most won't!!!! VERY frustrating indeed.

I'll be watching with hopes the Dev's come up with an answer.
    ok i am now out in the world but i think eric needs to look at this. it does appear to be an issue en the installer.

not to be smug but am typing this on my osk. guess i wont be tryig to unist huh
    EDIT: Working now since the 0.1.3 update. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kinimod View Post

It even shows up that I can remove it however when I double tap the gesture area the keyboard will not launch.

It was in developer mode so I tried it out of developer mode, I even reset the device but nothing.

One thing that I've noticed, when I install the patch it will not reset like the video/wiki pages say.

Any suggestions?
    Same for me. Install just says "Application installed", there is no prompt to run the script and no GUI reset.
    Last edited by Bigtuna00; 08/30/2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post

not to be smug but am typing this on my osk. guess i wont be tryig to unist huh

Think I might have to take back all those nice thing I said about you!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I still can not get the VK to work. I don't know if anything changed in the files but it appears that something is not loading correctly. When I first loaded everthing I had an icon for the package manager now I don't. I also noticed that my text manager icon was blank but the text was still there. That icon is back but the package manager icon is gone.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    I just did a reinstall again and still no folder is showing up. I guess I will monitor this forum for a few days and see what we learn.

Diane your help has been WONDERFUL. I know it can't be easy trying to give assistance over chat like this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!
    It a shame that all my other 40+ apps installed w/o a hitch and the one I want the most and would use the most won't!!!! VERY frustrating indeed.

I'll be watching with hopes the Dev's come up with an answer.
    I had problem with installation of the virtual screen keyboard. To solve it I removed all tweaks and patches as well as preware. I then first installed GNU update, reinstalled preware, installed the virtual keyboard patch (since it changes WEBOS directly), and then turned on each tweak one by one with auto software reboot. Everything is now working perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    I had problem with installation of the virtual screen keyboard. To solve it I removed all tweaks and patches as well as preware. I then first installed GNU update, renistalled preware, installed the virtual keyboard patch (since it changes WEBOS directly), and then turned on each tweak one by one with auto software reboot. Everything is now working perfectly.
    ok the best way to launch ur keyboard is this way....put ur index finger on the left side of the gesture and ur middle finger on the right side and both finger just swipe down and ull open it...easiest way
    EDIT: Working now since the 0.1.3 update. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    Same for me. Install just says "Application installed", there is no prompt to run the script and no GUI reset.
    A couple more points of data, in case it helps:

When I launch Preware, the OSK is still listed under "Available Patches" (with a "1") even if it's already installed. With other applications it seems like the counter decrements after you've installed it...not so with the OSK.

When I first installed the Package Manager Service and Preware, there was a Package Manager Service icon in the Launcher. Clicking it did nothing. After a restart, this disappeared.

EDIT: one more: I've never installed the OSK (and this is a brand new refurb phone) so this is a "fresh" install.

I have restarted 2 times, still no OSK.

My Pre is in Dev mode and NOT rooted.
    Last edited by Bigtuna00; 08/30/2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccunit1995c View Post
    was there an update today just loooked at preware
    There is no update showing on first page nor on WebOs-internarals so I would have to say no.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtuna00 View Post
    A couple more points of data, in case it helps:

When I launch Preware, the OSK is still listed under "Available Patches" (with a "1") even if it's already installed. With other applications it seems like the counter decrements after you've installed it...not so with the OSK.

When I first installed the Package Manager Service and Preware, there was a Package Manager Service icon in the Launcher. Clicking it did nothing. After a restart, this disappeared.

I have restarted 2 times, still no OSK.

My Pre is in Dev mode and NOT rooted.

I'm having the same problem. It was working yesterday. I uninstalled for the update, got the GUI message, tried to reinstall and no GUI message but it said it installed. Not sure what is going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ujsc View Post
    I had problem with installation of the virtual screen keyboard. To solve it I removed all tweaks and patches as well as preware. I then first installed GNU update, reinstalled preware, installed the virtual keyboard patch (since it changes WEBOS directly), and then turned on each tweak one by one with auto software reboot. Everything is now working perfectly.
    By "tweaks" do you mean all the apps I have from homebrew?

I really want the OSk because of how useful it would be, but really doesn't seem to be the way to go about installing it. Guess I'm going to be stuck waiting.

Thanks anyway.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    There is no update showing on first page nor on WebOs-internarals so I would have to say no.
    When you open Preware and check out the info for the keyboard it shows last update 8/30/2009 10:46am version 0.1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by lstrike View Post
    When you open Preware and check out the info for the keyboard it shows last update 8/30/2009 10:46am version 0.1.2.
    The 1.2 version is the 8/26 update. Not sure why the date and time has changed. But I have had 1.2 for about 4 days now.
    If you feel that I have given you worthy advice please feel free to show your support. TY

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    same problem as the rest of the recent posters, not asking if I want to run the script
    10:46am today! That could be it! I started doing the install about that time! That would be my luck! Too funny!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    The 1.2 version is the 8/26 update. Not sure why the date and time has changed. But I have had 1.2 for about 4 days now.
    Maybe it has been modified or uploaded again but without a version number change? I don't know grasping at straws over here.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon. OSK is great for a quick txt or note.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    same problem here. Only advice I got was that I was stupid, that I didn't understand how to double tap.

Anyway, so I did it the "harder" way via the terminal command lines AND STILL NO KEYBOARD.

Then I went and hard reset my pre, wiped it with webos dr, reinstalled my palm profile and the very first thing I did before any other apps was install package manager, preware, and virt kb.

Still doesn't work.

I've installed and reinstalled at least 4 distinct ways, and about 50 times total. I think aside from my OCD it mght be time to call it quits for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by kinimod View Post

Any suggestions?
    Wow, ok back home now. This is really very puzzling that so many all of a sudden are having about the same issue?

Guess the developers are taking a much needed break from the board today..

Im sure someone will have a look at this and figure it out, since so many seem to be experiencing this.

Just to have some diags available for them to go by:

1.who had the OSK working, then did an uninstall reinstall and it ceased to work?

2.who went thru what they felt were all the correct steps and have never seen the keyboard?

3. who are getting errors when trying to get the OSK working?

4. who has no idea what and osk is?

I feel badly, cuz its really such a cool thing to have (Palm should have just included it, IMHO, but such is life), and Id love to help anyone I can, but I think this is out of the scope of what I can actually do for now.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Update... I unloaded everything to get it back to a clean install and still can not get VK to work. It shows it as being installed in the list of installed apps but the double tap does not work. Guess I'll see if someone comes up with a fix.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Same issue here. First time installer today and it won't launch.