Page 44 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
    Someone email me on h0w t0 d0 thiz...
    Kuz it very diffecult lookn at it..
    Quote Originally Posted by symos View Post
    This is the first "language pack" for the Virtual Keyboard. The language is Greek.

I know this is probably of no use to anyone right now, but I'm just posting it as a proof of concept for multi-language support and for future reference.

It basically contains an altered json character file and a greek theme (based on the remix_classic theme).

To install, copy the kbchars_fullatble.json file and overwrite the one found in your pre in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/ (assuming you use the en_us locale). Then install the greek theme.

WARNING: This overwrites english so make sure you keep a copy of your current kbchars_fullatable.json file to change back to english later!!!

Let's hope in the future we'll be able to develop a "language switcher" to make all this much easier. It should be possible.

Its GREEK to me! HAHAH Ok,. could NOT resist.

But that is WAYYYYYYYYY COOL!

GOOD JOB!!
    Some pleaze help me
    Quote Originally Posted by blanxman View Post
    Someone email me on h0w t0 d0 thiz...
    Kuz it very diffecult lookn at it..
    At the risk of sounding mean spirited, which I really am not..

This is your very first post? And you are asking for email instructions to something that has been talked about for days, and written about in many many places, with VERY detailed instructions?

I would highly suggest you start reading from the start of this thread as well as the main screen of precentral.net, as well as the webos internals.

To prove Im not really mean, here are is a really good places to start.

http://www.precentral.net/screen-vir...o-mere-mortals

All the folks who are posting with problems and issues here have really been trying very hard to read, and understand, and experiment with how this works.

So for you to just jump on here and ask (in very cryptic language I might add) to email you instructions, I think you would be better served if you started reading more..

Just saying.. yanno?
    yeh the keyboad hasnt been working lately i tried restarting that worked for me
    Anyone post a step by step video on how to do the on screen keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmithinny View Post
    looks like im another person who's keyboard doesn't work.

I followed the install instructions to a T and when i install the keyboard patch i dont get the warning or nothing. I simply get a message that says it has been successfully installed. I can double tap the gesture all day long (yes in a cursor field like an email) and nothing happens.
    And me as well.
    Instructions followed exactly, but no warning when I selected the VK.

What's all this about a VK folder in the file manager root?
    What should the folder be called exactly? What should its contents be?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    at the risk of sounding mean spirited, which i really am not..

This is your very first post? And you are asking for email instructions to something that has been talked about for days, and written about in many many places, with very detailed instructions?

I would highly suggest you start reading from the start of this thread as well as the main screen of precentral.net, as well as the webos internals.

To prove im not really mean, here are is a really good places to start.

all the folks who are posting with problems and issues here have really been trying very hard to read, and understand, and experiment with how this works.

So for you to just jump on here and ask (in very cryptic language i might add) to email you instructions, i think you would be better served if you started reading more..

Just saying.. Yanno?
    trust me just because this is my first post dont mean i havnt been tryin this all day/week/or month....

Why would i up and just say o someone help without looking and trying to search for a solution...

This this must b my last resort in trying to solve my problem...

Just saying... Blanxman?
    Did you get it to work? I am having the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccunit1995c View Post
    yeh the keyboad hasnt been working lately i tried restarting that worked for me
    just rebooted for the 100th time today, same results. This sucks cause its working on my friends pre so i can check it out and play with it but I'm SOL
    So, I uninstalled all the stuff installed in the step-by-step and then reinstalled it.
    Now, not only do I not have a VK, the phone is continuously going off-line, the upper notification area keeps cycling through all the icon possibilities and the interface is slow and/or stumbling.
    Looks like a reversion is in my near future. {sigh}
    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaManiac View Post
    And me as well.
    Instructions followed exactly, but no warning when I selected the VK.

What's all this about a VK folder in the file manager root?
    What should the folder be called exactly? What should its contents be?
    If everything installed correctly, you should see a folder on your Pre when you are connected via USB, called virtual-keyboard

Under THAT folder there is a folder for themes (each theme is its own folder under that) There is also a sub folder called sounds, for the sound , if turned on, to click, when keys are tapped.

Seems there is some issue for some, that have gone thru various iterations of install/uninstall, that that folder structure is not there.

What Im not sure of, and you will have to ask the developers this, is IF you create those folder manually, and everything else is installed, it would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by blanxman View Post
    trust me just because this is my first post dont mean i havnt been tryin this all day/week/or month....

Why would i up and just say o someone help without looking and trying to search for a solution...

This this must b my last resort in trying to solve my problem...

Just saying... Blanxman?
    Im sorry if you feel you have searched and my comments seemed harsh. It just seems hard for me to understand what you have done, and what you have tried, from just your post.

Also, you can not have been searching for this for a month, as the user available version of this just came out last week. And there are just sooooo many posts and sooo many of them on this thread that over and over and over again point to the STEP by STEP instructions for this.
    Dianehelen, are we seeing some kind of glitch in the download or something? It's seems all of the sudden lots of folks are having the same issue I'm having, and MazdaManiac problem is just scarry!
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    No go, I still can't get the virtual keyboard to work. When I install the patch with quick install it appears that it is installed. I never get to the install with preware. It tells me that it is installed and can be removed.
    What did I do wrong?
    The one thing I notice is that when I try to install with Preware, it does not ask me whether to allow the running of the script. I bet this is why it is not working. For some reason, the script is not running. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    and MazdaManiac problem is just scarry!
    Yeah, the phone is nearly unresponsive now. I'll WEBOSDoctor it and see what happens.

As for the directory structure, I checked that before I tried reinstalling it - it was never there.

Hopefully, I won't lose EVDO this time when I doctor it like I did on the last phone...
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I'm in the same boat as having issues with the install. It says the app was installed successfully, but there is no warning about the script running, and even doing a system reset doesn't seem to make the OSK work. Also, no luck with a folder being created in the file structure.

Another interesting side effect is that every time I install or remove the keyboard app through Preware it knocks my EVDO off line for about 5 minutes. It *does* come back but it's sort of odd that it does that to begin with.
    I just did a reinstall again and still no folder is showing up. I guess I will monitor this forum for a few days and see what we learn.

Diane your help has been WONDERFUL. I know it can't be easy trying to give assistance over chat like this, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!
    It a shame that all my other 40+ apps installed w/o a hitch and the one I want the most and would use the most won't!!!! VERY frustrating indeed.

I'll be watching with hopes the Dev's come up with an answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethan View Post
    Another interesting side effect is that every time I install or remove the keyboard app through Preware it knocks my EVDO off line for about 5 minutes.
    Mine is taking the phone completely off-line. EVDO and voice.
    I'm on a WiFi connection, but I'll terminate that and see what happens.