Page 43 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
    It says there is but I don't have a button to Update it, only a button to Remove it. It was like that yesterday. Why does it do that?
    im really lost i for some reason removed then installed it now its not working
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I followed the instructions but run into a problem when launching preware, it tells me
    org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running
    Can anone provide so help?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccunit1995c View Post
    im really lost i for some reason removed then installed it now its not working
    Check your USB drive media folder see if it removed the virtual-keyboard folder

I wonder if there is a bug in the uninstall/reinstall that removes the folder but does not re instate it?

Gregandtink also did the uninstall/reinstall and the KB does not work, and it appears the folder is missing??
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty19 View Post
    I followed the instructions but run into a problem when launching preware, it tells me
    org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running
    Can anone provide so help?
    Thanks.
    Did you install package service and Preware from Quick Install first?
    and i also dragged the themes to the virtual keyboard folder on the pre it didnt work
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I installed virtual keyboard and preware with Quick install, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Hmmm not sure why. Did you change the file ext, to .json?
    I dont think having it as txt then back to json should make a difference. The only thing I DID notice, when changing it to text was it took out the formatting, but being just text it should not matter.

I cant attach a .json file here but if you give me an email address, PM it to me if you dont want to post it here, I will send you a copy of the origina fine and of the modified one.

Thing is tho, IF you open up NOtepad, and navigate to the original file, you should be able to open and edit it easily..

But let me know...
    i got it to work... a small mishap on my end... thank you for all your help though...
    Quote Originally Posted by maswaggsosiq View Post
    i got it to work... A small mishap on my end... Thank you for all your help though...
    yay!!!
    BUT! Did you also install the package service with Quick Install too?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    No I did not, I am doing so now and will post results, thanks
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    OK, now preware sees the patch buts the only option is to remove?

Do I have to remove and reinstall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    I'm having the same message. Anyone have an idea why?
    Using WebOS Quick Install.:

1. Select "WebOS Internals Feed (all)" from the drop down list and select "PACKAGE MANAGER SERVICE" (not

all caps) and click download.

2. Select "Install" On the WebOS Quick Install screen.

3. Select "WebOS Internals Feed (all)" from the drop down list and select "VIRTUAL KEYBOARD" (not all

caps) and click download.

4. Select "Install" On the WebOS Quick Install screen.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I have completed that but preware doesn't allow for install only remove.
    i dragged the download to virtual keyboard folder and nothing happened did i do it right
    This is the first "language pack" for the Virtual Keyboard. The language is Greek.

I know this is probably of no use to anyone right now, but I'm just posting it as a proof of concept for multi-language support and for future reference.

It basically contains an altered json character file and a greek theme (based on the remix_classic theme).

To install, copy the kbchars_fullatble.json file and overwrite the one found in your pre in /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/ (assuming you use the en_us locale). Then install the greek theme.

WARNING: This overwrites english so make sure you keep a copy of your current kbchars_fullatable.json file to change back to english later!!!

Let's hope in the future we'll be able to develop a "language switcher" to make all this much easier. It should be possible.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I completed install and it says that the keyboard is installed but I can not get virtual keyboard up and running tried several times uninstall then again. Double tap etc. is there something i am forgeting? Help...
    looks like im another person who's keyboard doesn't work.

I followed the install instructions to a T and when i install the keyboard patch i dont get the warning or nothing. I simply get a message that says it has been successfully installed. I can double tap the gesture all day long (yes in a cursor field like an email) and nothing happens.
    I have completed that but preware doesn't allow for install only remove.
    Quote Originally Posted by agiudici View Post
    I completed install and it says that the keyboard is installed but I can not get virtual keyboard up and running tried several times uninstall then again. Double tap etc. is there something i am forgeting? Help...
    Mine does the same thing, but the keyboard is now installed and useable.

Have you tried rebooting your Pre? This was my last step in getting the keyboard working for me. It just didn't take until I rebooted.
    Last edited by prenoob; 08/30/2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: added agiudici
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    Mine does the same thing, but the keyboard is installed and useable.

Have you tried rebooting your Pre? This was my last step in getting the keyboard working for me. It just didn't take until I rebooted.
    I did but I'll try again, At this point I'll try anything that worked for someone else.

Let you how it goes, thanks.