Page 42 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
    How do you update this patch on your Pre when an update becomes available? Is it automatic?
    Neve mind. I've got the answer from a previous post. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dbulante View Post
    How do you update this patch on your Pre when an update becomes available? Is it automatic?
    Ok. Everything went smoothly. I upgraded my Quickinstaller, got Preware Dl no problem,rebooted Pre,opened Preware, found the OSK patch, clicked install, it said it installed it. Preware shows installed but when I double tap to open osk in web,memo,or other apps with a curoser it does nothing, my little button reacts, but no osk. I tried tapping at different speeds, but no osk. Thoughts? What have I missed?

I removed Preware reinstalled it, I removed the patch and reinstalled it, but still nothing when I tap the gesture area.

Thanks
    You need to be IN a text input area, such as an open new email, a text message, a web search..
    Yep, ,cursor flashing in URL line of web, flashing on new email, flashing in memo,got that, still nothing, no error, nothing, just tap the gesture area to the right of the button, and two lights flicker, but no keyboard. Any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by GregandTink View Post
    Yep, ,cursor flashing in URL line of web, flashing on new email, flashing in memo,got that, still nothing, no error, nothing, just tap the gesture area to the right of the button, and two lights flicker, but no keyboard. Any other ideas?
    it's a double-tap in the gesture area to activate the onscreen keyboard, then a single-tap to dismiss the keyboard.
    alright so i have been using for a while now.

I think i am getting the same frustration as iPhone users get. I just type sooo slow on this. its ok if you need it but i would not recommend an onscreen keyboard for anyone who already has a hardware keyboard. hardware is just so much faster.

Still a great job on the patch!! I still hope i can start typing on the front page even if im not on a text entry field. I do a lot of searches with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    it's a double-tap in the gesture area to activate the onscreen keyboard, then a single-tap to dismiss the keyboard.
    Yep, try it slow and try it fast, light reacts, but still no osk. It's really strange because Preware says app installed, and I had no problem with any of the install process.

Thnaks for all y'alls help.
    May seem the obvious, but I'll ask anyway.. have you rebooted the phone after installing the patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    May seem the obvious, but I'll ask anyway.. have you rebooted the phone after installing the patch?
    Yep, but just to be sure, I will again....
    Ok, rebooted again and same thing, no osk. I did watch the Youtube vid and I'm double tapping just like the vid. Preware shows installed and everything. I have 39 other apps installed that I have no problems with. Weird huh?
    OK, just watched the vid again and my Pre never did that Luna reboot that was mentioned in the vid. That must be where the hang up is. Preware just took a few sec and said installed, both times. Could this be where the problem is happening?
    and you are sure, the files are in the right place? you have a folder in your media area called virtual-keyboard? and in it is the kb_config.json file, and also a folder under that for themes, and the kb_config.json points to the name of the folder for the theme you want?

Just trying to cover all the bases here, doesnt seem it should be so problematic, if all went well with PreWare, and the OSK patch, there seems to be no reason it should not be working hmmm. Stuff that drives ya insane huh?
    After reboot Preware now said app not installed, so i reinstalled the app again (still did not do the Luna reset talked about in vid). I rebooted the phone, Preware said osk installed. Tried double tapping with browser open, nothing! I'm completely and totally stumped. This is the first time I've had any problems with homebrews. Please keep giving me ideas, as I'm out of them.
    Ok, I am having the same problem as GregtandTink. I had it installed previously, but then uninstalled it (it worked then), but when I've gone to reinstall it, nothing works. Preware still says I have it installed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    and you are sure, the files are in the right place? you have a folder in your media area called virtual-keyboard? and in it is the kb_config.json file, and also a folder under that for themes, and the kb_config.json points to the name of the folder for the theme you want?
    When you say "media" area, do you mean the root of my Pre? I have .attatchments, DCIM,downloads, messaging,music,ringtones,screencaptures,wallpaper, migration.bak, and the open sourse PDF.

Is there somewhere else I need to be looking? I've never gone into the root area of my phone.

I have to step away for about 45 mins but will be back to work on this problem. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    when the on screen keyboard is in landscape mode the keys are somewhat blurry and not crisp and clean like when it is in vertical mode. I guess its because the keyboard is stretching to fill in the area. I hope the next update will fix it. other than that....it is AWESOME! thanks for making it happen.

Im gonna go and work on a keyboard theme that everyone might like.
    When you say "media" area, do you mean the root of my Pre? I have .attatchments, DCIM,downloads, messaging,music,ringtones,screencaptures,wallpaper, migration.bak, and the open sourse PDF.

Is there somewhere else I need to be looking? I've never gone into the root area of my phone.

I have to step away for about 45 mins but will be back to work on this problem. Thanks again.
    Thats probably your problem RIGHT there... When you look at your PRE via the USB conection, you should see something like this, NOTICE there is a folder called virtual-keyboard. Maybe with all the install/unistall that folder got hosed.. you need to either redo the patch, and check to see IF that folder appears.. or maybe create it manually and drop it in

This is what MINE looks like

Not sure if this has already been posted but I noticed if you have haptic feedback on and then you press the SYM key, it turns haptic feedback off until you press SYM again.

I also am having a hard time typing on the keyboard. It's great and I'm hoping I get use to it but it really makes you appreciate the hardware keyboard.
    was there an update today just loooked at preware