Page 41 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    Notepad on your computer is a text editor.
    Wordpad on your computer is a text editor
    Textpad is a program you can download a trial copy from:

TextPad - the text editor for Windows

A text editor is just a program that can edit a text file. the .json files are just text files, that have data that the JavaScript programs that the pre uses, reads.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If there is a reason for anyone to update, the version number will be changed and it will appear in the Updates section.

Sometimes there are packaging or metadata improvements that have no impact on the end-user functionality, but are only reflected in the Packages file in the ipkg feed which Preware reads for the package metadata.

-- Rod
    Thank you very much, that is what i wanted to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    REGARDING: "ERROR An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

Ok .. not sure why it went through this time, but I re-installed the "Package Manager Service" (first .. like it says) from WebOS Quick Install, and then the Preware (separately)... and it took with no errors.

Working fine! Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

You may have to restart pre to make sure it takes. ALSO (almost forgot) .. I had to uninstall the keyboard app and immediately reinstall it so it would work. This was not a big deal or even time consuming. It was the initial error that was throwing me.
    Im getting that error as well, however, i never read anything about "package manager service"...maybe that 's why, could u please point me in that dirction. cant find it...

ok, now i tried using the command line, but now i have to choose a theme i guess? or should it already be on my pre. confused a bit...
    Last edited by holley2583; 08/29/2009 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Im getting that error as well, however, i never read anything about "package manager service"...maybe that 's why, could u please point me in that dirction. cant find it...
    Follow the links from here:

Twitter / WebOS Internals: Preware installer app goes ...

or here:

Preware beta release - WebOS Internals Announce | Google Groups

or here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html

or here:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmack549 View Post
    Everyone, I'll get the rest of the themes up this afternoon. Sorry for the delay, I'm out of town.

I've considered hosting the files on my own server as opposed to the forum, as it can be annoying having to login to get the theme. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Would anyone have a problem with this?
    Where is your server?
    Amazing enhancement to the Pre and a very smooth install! I tried to turn on the haptic feedback but can't seem to get it on. Tried everything from 30-100 ms in the json file. I know my edits are working because I have easily changed the keyboard theme and also turned on the click sound. What is the format for the haptic line: is it "50" or "50 ms" and with or without quotation marks? Can someone post their exact file language?
    Quote Originally Posted by chizler View Post
    Amazing enhancement to the Pre and a very smooth install! I tried to turn on the haptic feedback but can't seem to get it on. Tried everything from 30-100 ms in the json file. I know my edits are working because I have easily changed the keyboard theme and also turned on the click sound. What is the format for the haptic line: is it "50" or "50 ms" and with or without quotation marks? Can someone post their exact file language?
    it's just 50, without quotation marks
    sorry its a really long thread, but anyone else not able to backspace?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    sorry its a really long thread, but anyone else not able to backspace?
    If you would visit the wiki (see my sig) which is NOT a long thread... :-)

you would know that a current limitation of the osk is that when IN THE WEB BROWSER backspace does not work because palm did not expose any option to us programatically for web fields OTHER than "insert character at cursor."

No delete No backspace, nothing.

SO, IN THE BROWSER backspace doesn't work.

In memos, or other apps, it does.
    Thank you, im all set. I have tethered, rooted and got the virtual keyboard within the last 24 hours...my head is spinning
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    Thank you, im all set. I have tethered, rooted and got the virtual keyboard within the last 24 hours...my head is spinning
    Me to I got all that without rooting plus I donated.
    Thanks got it working! This tops off a killer keyboard!
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Here ya go, just rename it to have the extension .json
    i replaced this one with the original one in the virtual keyboard folder but now it wont come up at all....any ideas?
    I tried searching the forums, so I apologize if I am being redundant. My favorite thing about the onscreen keyboard is landscape mode(email, sms, etc.) Is there any workaround/hack to make the url/search bar in the browser appear in landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
    I tried searching the forums, so I apologize if I am being redundant. My favorite thing about the onscreen keyboard is landscape mode(email, sms, etc.) Is there any workaround/hack to make the url/search bar in the browser appear in landscape mode?
    The "enable-browser-download.patch" patch does actually enable this. It is included in that patch, which is an all-around nice patch even without the landscape address bar.
    nice. needs some work. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    i replaced this one with the original one in the virtual keyboard folder but now it wont come up at all....any ideas?
    Hmmm not sure why. Did you change the file ext, to .json?
    I dont think having it as txt then back to json should make a difference. The only thing I DID notice, when changing it to text was it took out the formatting, but being just text it should not matter.

I cant attach a .json file here but if you give me an email address, PM it to me if you dont want to post it here, I will send you a copy of the origina fine and of the modified one.

Thing is tho, IF you open up NOtepad, and navigate to the original file, you should be able to open and edit it easily..

But let me know...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I now have this onscreen keyboard but I am now also a bit concerned. The keyboard works ok but they also say it must be removed prior to any Palm udate being applied ? How exactly is this done ? I do not have a rooted pre and have no idea how to enter code to remove any such patch ? What do I do to remove this patch, is there a simple way to do it ??
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Nice work, Preware is quite awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcea View Post
    I now have this onscreen keyboard but I am now also a bit concerned. The keyboard works ok but they also say it must be removed prior to any Palm udate being applied ? How exactly is this done ? I do not have a rooted pre and have no idea how to enter code to remove any such patch ? What do I do to remove this patch, is there a simple way to do it ??
    to remove this patch, you

1) launch the Preware app
    2) click on the Available Patch folder
    3) click on the pactch name and click "uninstall"