Page 40 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090140 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    This is a great hack!! I was easy to figure out. Just follow the wiki like the developer said!
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    cool thanks guys for all your help, added a new theme and all, I guess it maks things easier if I would have read that I needed quick install 2.0.1 lol Once again thanks for your help!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Please, I need help it was working before, then i installed contact-multitone.patch and it stooped working correctly (the keyboard got smaller) so I uninstall it (the keyboard patch) with preware and try to install again then it gave me an error that can't install so I try with root and install, remove all patches and nothing, this is what I get when trying to apply the patch:

Applying patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 674.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 3718.
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 4002.
    Hunk #4 FAILED at 4015.
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 4894 with fuzz 2 (offset 15 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 4931 with fuzz 1 (offset 25 lines).
    Hunk #7 FAILED at 4983.
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 5002 with fuzz 2 (offset 30 lines).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 9494 with fuzz 1 (offset 33 lines).
    Hunk #10 FAILED at 10685.
    Hunk #11 FAILED at 10726.
    Hunk #12 succeeded at 19216 with fuzz 1 (offset 44 lines).
    Hunk #13 succeeded at 23492 (offset -5151 lines).
    Hunk #14 FAILED at 29214.
    8 out of 14 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_fulltable_qwertz.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table_azerty.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/en_us/kbchars_table_qwertz.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/resources/kbchars_fulltable.json
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
    Hunk #2 FAILED at 666.
    2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- rejects in file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/global.css
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/stylesheets/webos-internals-virtual-keyboard.css
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-ls.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row-ls.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char-selector-row.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/char.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector-ls.html
    patching file usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/submissions/191.15/templates/kbselector/charselector.html
    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)

Please any help will be appreciated.
    my computer wont let me edit the JSON file, can somebody please send me the edited file so i can use the " LucasPapaya " keyboard....PLEASE...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    Diane, when you post a theme, would you please update the wiki page as well.

Thanks

Rick
    Ummm I guess I could??? Do I need anything special, or have a wiki account to do that?

Cuz I DO have the Denali one ready to go... Should I post here, then do the wiki??

OK Figured out the wiki updating... done for the last 2
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/29/2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: figured it out!
    OK, here is my last theme Im gonna do for now.. and I will try to go update the wiki as well, if I can figure out how

This theme is called Denali, named for my other dog..

Hope someone finds this amusing, other than just me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    my computer wont let me edit the JSON file, can somebody please send me the edited file so i can use the " LucasPapaya " keyboard....PLEASE...lol
    Here ya go, just rename it to have the extension .json
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ok, I have searched and searched and can't figure it out. What is the GNU Patch Binary for?? My keyboard is working fine EXCEPT that the backspace and enter key don't work in landscape mode. Is this patch a fix for that? Thanks for the help...
    ok this may seem stupid, but for those of us who don't code, will the onscreen keyboard customizations ever be available via maybe an app with settings rather than having to edit code? %d like to add haptic feedback and sound (depending on what sound they use) with all these new ways of loading things maybe quick install could do this someday? Also aren't there themes? Would be cool to easily change them. A partnering settings app would be nice.
    Whats the GNU Patch Binary for??
    so set the haptic/vibrate to 70 but then decided i didn't like it and switched to 0.

but just now i wanted to take a picture. i switched from ringer to vibrate and while the camera was open, it kept freaking out on me showing the vibrate and sound screen notification repeatedly until i switched sound back on.

i tried this in another screen and it did it, but fewer times. then stopped, then only did the normal vibrate once.

anyone else noticing this??????
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    jmack is collecting all the theme zips ON THE WIKI PAGE

THANKS jmack!!!

[url= Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals[/url]
    Everyone, I'll get the rest of the themes up this afternoon. Sorry for the delay, I'm out of town.

I've considered hosting the files on my own server as opposed to the forum, as it can be annoying having to login to get the theme. Or maybe I'm just lazy. Would anyone have a problem with this?
    REGARDING: "ERROR An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

Ok .. not sure why it went through this time, but I re-installed the "Package Manager Service" (first .. like it says) from WebOS Quick Install, and then the Preware (separately)... and it took with no errors.

Working fine! Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you.

You may have to restart pre to make sure it takes. ALSO (almost forgot) .. I had to uninstall the keyboard app and immediately reinstall it so it would work. This was not a big deal or even time consuming. It was the initial error that was throwing me.
    hey guys....does anyone have the clicking sound that the iphone/itouch use?
    hey guys, im not to familiar with preware but for the patch for the keyboard, it shows the last update was this morning. But it does not show update? It is the same version number if i remember correctly. Im wondering if it needs to be uninstalled to update, or will it show update? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    hey guys, im not to familiar with preware but for the patch for the keyboard, it shows the last update was this morning. But it does not show update? It is the same version number if i remember correctly. Im wondering if it needs to be uninstalled to update, or will it show update? thanks
    If there is a reason for anyone to update, the version number will be changed and it will appear in the Updates section.

Sometimes there are packaging or metadata improvements that have no impact on the end-user functionality, but are only reflected in the Packages file in the ipkg feed which Preware reads for the package metadata.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    how do i download those themes without an emulater
    how do i change the theme and make the haptic feedback turn on?
    assuming that you've already got the keyboard working, you

1) plug the pre into your computer and enable USB Drive mode
    2) open the up the virtual-keyboard folder and open kb_config.json with a text editor
    3) change the haptic value from 0 to 50
    4) eject pre

Quote Originally Posted by Flash 3 View Post
    how do i change the theme and make the haptic feedback turn on?
    ok this may sound dumb but how do i get a text editor???? thanx!!!