Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 3039
  1.    #61  
    I added space, backspace and enter functionality.

    It's minor I know, I struggled with the enter because well I was a big stupid dummy for an entire day! lol

    Enjoy, and more to come, just want to get this out now so everyone can start actually using it.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    I added space, backspace and enter functionality.

    It's minor I know, I struggled with the enter because well I was a big stupid dummy for an entire day! lol

    Enjoy, and more to come, just want to get this out now so everyone can start actually using it.
    does that mean the patch is updated?
  3. #63  
    Eric Gaudet has pushed a new update to the patch as of 10:00 PM central US time 13-Aug-2009

    Enter/ space / backspace keys now work
    Slight change in on-screen appearance.

    No other functional improvements today.

    Think of this as still pre-alpha -- version 0.0.-2 still about 2 revs away from a 0.0.0 version.

    Updated screenshot:

    • << is the backspace key
    • Upside down ? is the sym key
    • Big circle to the left of Z is the ORANGE key
    • Yen symbol is the Uparrow key
    • Degree symbols are shift.


    NOTE NOTE NOTE
    WARNING WARNING WARNING


    If you have already installed this patch, you will need to REMOVE it before installing the updates one using the command

    quilt pop -a

    unless you installed it a different way. (Please don't do that, follow the instructions on the wiki)

    Wiki page with details: On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

    Note - wiki may be a little behind being updated. If you don't see the new screen shot there, please WAIT before trying the patch.
    Last edited by rboatright; 08/13/2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: 3
  4. #64  
    okay, thats what i was missing. i thought i wasn't updating it correctly.

    how do i reffresh a patch?

    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch does not remove cleanly (refresh it or enforce with -f)
  5. #65  
    (quilt refresh) i believe will refresh it
    Last edited by gsx62391@yahoo.com; 08/13/2009 at 11:02 PM.
  6. #66  
    hmm. i seemed to have removed and reinstalled. but now it doesn't work :/
  7. #67  
    quilt pop -a
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    hmm. i seemed to have removed and reinstalled. but now it doesn't work :/
    make sure you git pull the latest, there was a brief push of a bad patch at first.
  9. #69  
    yeah, just did that. I get the Already up-to-date response. Yes I did quilt pop -a, quilt refresh, quilt push -a. I tried re importing it, and it just said it was already applied.
  10. SDash's Avatar
    Posts
    256 Posts
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    #70  
    EDIT: I found my ideas in the issues section of the webos-internals page.

    enhancement ideas:
    I was thinking would it be possible to be able to swipe left on the keyboard and access a different set of numerics and symbols? An example would be like the pressing the sym key and open a symbol list and scrolling on it to find what you want.

    I think it would be faster to use if symbols were a swipe left away and then doing the opposite to get alphabetic.

    Second idea, I was wondering if a dialpad with t9 prediction would be possible? I was thinking less buttons would equal more space and less reach and accuracy necessary. Also with this, multi-tap and querty would be a button press to switch to.

    Just wondering if it's possible.
    Thanks for the work!
    Last edited by SDash; 08/13/2009 at 11:31 PM.
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    yeah, just did that. I get the Already up-to-date response. Yes I did quilt pop -a, quilt refresh, quilt push -a. I tried re importing it, and it just said it was already applied.
    have you tried rebooting the pre?
  12. #72  
    yeah, i did all the basic stuff, or at least everything i could think of and the information on the wiki. not a complete noob, but im not fluent.
  13. mbk1487's Avatar
    Posts
    169 Posts
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    Me, too. Great idea.
    +1
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    yeah, i did all the basic stuff, or at least everything i could think of and the information on the wiki. not a complete noob, but im not fluent.
    Could you come to IRC channel so we can try to work through this?
  15. #75  
    i sent you a PM
  16. I_Ryan's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #76  
    I cannot get this new version to work, every time I try I just get the old version, any ideas?
  17. #77  
    Huge improvement over the first version. I have found another bug again. When on a web page, if you type in the url box it works fine but if the web page has its own search box i have noticed that the backspace does not work within it and also the enter key is not fully functional. Pushing the enter key just closes the box but does not complete the string. And I have also noticed that the word correction does not work when using the onscreen keyboard. Otherwise you are making history with this and i hope you understand how much we all appreciate your time and knowledge.
  18. I_Ryan's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    Huge improvement over the first version. I have found another bug again. When on a web page, if you type in the url box it works fine but if the web page has its own search box i have noticed that the backspace does not work within it and also the enter key is not fully functional. Pushing the enter key just closes the box but does not complete the string. And I have also noticed that the word correction does not work when using the onscreen keyboard. Otherwise you are making history with this and i hope you understand how much we all appreciate your time and knowledge.
    How did you get yours to work, I'm getting

    Patch /opt/src/patches/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch exists. Replace with -f.
    root@castle:/#

    What do I do?
  19. #79  
    thats what i got. Then I tried doing the same thing, but with -f in front. and it seemed to work. but then after reboot/ restart luna nothing works. and i've tried to import it and start all over to no avail.
  20. #80  
    can someone please explain how to update the patch youve already applied ? The keyboard patch was updated today and i cant seem to get it to update to the new version ... That quilt service is really straight forward but kind of lacking functtionality.. I wish by this point someone could jus come up with a app to mod our pre's automatically... All the effort in coming up with homebrew apps.. By now someone should make a app dedicated to just modding the phones features... U guys are all great and im sure it can be acheived and make everyones lives better

Posting Permissions