Page 39 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989139 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    The onscreen keyboard is awesome, but I needed something legible... so I created a skin. It's named after my cat Enjoy!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/15257/LucasPapaya.zip

Clean, simple, easy to read theme. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    The onscreen keyboard is awesome, but I needed something legible... so I created a skin. It's named after my cat Enjoy!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/15257/LucasPapaya.zip

I'm using it right now and this theme is by far my favorite. Thank you for the time you put into it!
    my internet is down. anyone have any ideas as to how to fix it. i installed the virtual kb last night via preware. i have lost.

it says your phone could not establish a dataconnection error (67).
    YIKES!
    that was rather painless and easy just had to install the newest webos quickinstall app.

One quick gripe though...

i wish i was able to start typing on the front page and not to have to be on an editable app. i do quick google searches that way.

BUT still a great fix!!

Thanks guys!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I need help when i open up web os and click the third button at the bottom I get two errors saying, error downloading package feed, then error invalid feed url can someone help me please
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    i have webos 2.01 installed, my pres in dev mode, and i clicked just charge, and its connected to the computer
    how could get that theme
    Nevermind I figured it out. Thanks to all who helped and EVERYTHING you need to install this is within the thread. Just do some searching!
    yes but the link is giving me a zip file
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    yeah..I am a little confused as to getting it also... : )
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    can anyone help me with installing the keyboard im getting a error when i try and open up the third tap saying error downloading and error invald url
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Which has been pointed to on perhaps 25 of the 37 pages in this thread.

I know it's hard to read back and back and back. That's WHY we set up the wiki

When you have questions about WebOS

GO THERE FIRST

Do a search, and you will probably find your answer. If not, THEN post inthe forums or visit the IRC.
    ha, I've read this serveral times but did not understand because I wasn't seeing it what the instructions were talking about, this is why I could not follow the instructions, my quick install is not v2.0.1 lol. Now I just need to find the v2.0.1 lol.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    Robdmau: make sure you have quickinstall 2.0.1.. then on the screen you first see when you open it, press the third button down on the left.

Once the new screen opens, click the dropdown box at the top where it currently says "PreCentral App Gallery Feed"

It should give you multiple feeds to pick from.
    Click the "WebOS-Internals Feed(all)"

Now check virtual keyboard, and install it..

To set up preware is just as easy, and allows you to do all that one your device with a simple GUI to use.

From the "WebOS-Internals Feed", check "Preware" and "Package Manager Service"

Then install them..

WA BAM, you have preware and can install the virtual keyboard/update it when updates are available all on your device.

Thanks for all your help, I didn't have 2.0.1 lol ooops Now I found the keyboard, now trying the preware... I hope this works
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ok so I think i;m following right... I found the keyboard, checked it off and clicked download. then it took me to the main screen, I clicked install and I got an error. clicked ok and now its just sitting here... Where did I go wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ahhh my bad,,, I mis read what was wanted, re the json files. I see NOW he was wanting the REST of the json files to be able to create other character sets, ok.. ya, thats more than just copying the standard one IN the theme folder.

Ok, so to redeem my mis speaking I created a new KB theme. This one is called Autumn for its hues and colors, also its one of my Dogs names (ya got the idea from the cat name one)

Enjoy!

If I have more time a bit later I may do one for my other dog.. Denali, and have a ice white background with some blue lettering... we'll see.
    Diane, when you post a theme, would you please update the wiki page as well.

Thanks

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    ok so I think i;m following right... I found the keyboard, checked it off and clicked download. then it took me to the main screen, I clicked install and I got an error. clicked ok and now its just sitting here... Where did I go wrong?
    that would depend. What did the error say?

If you have previously installed ANY patches that modify the framwork, you will need to remove them before installing the keyboard.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ok so now I'm trying the preware, found it on the list, downloaded, installed just fine. so is the preware the samething as the quickinstaller?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    I've never installed a patch that I know of... I tried the quick install and it errored out. So I went and did the preware and that went on fine. played with the preware and I see the keyboard in preware, but when I click on it, the only button on the screen is "remove". If I go to the installed apps, I see the keyboard, but can't seam to find it anywhere... hmmmm?
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ok, I tried to click on remove and nothing happened so I restarted the pre.... opened preware again and now remove did something. I removed the keyboard, now reinstalling it, Pre reset, lets see what happens
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    lol so it restarted, I do not see any icon for it, went through looking for it and couldn't find it... so I went to the internet, double tapped the gester and wow, there it is... not how do I get one of these cool skins?