Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    installed on-screen keyboard via preware, now pre (hardware) keyboard does not work!
    any suggestions?
    Sorry If this has been asked before, but I thought I saw text and On Screen Keyboard in Landscape mode ? How do you do that ?

I know it can be done for email , but How do you do it for text ?
    I am receiving this error as well on my "Rooted" Pre: "ERROR An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

Any suggestions (I hope I did not miss the post which had a fix/solution to this ... if so my apologies and a simple direction would suffice)?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Ok, I followed the instructions precisely for installed the OSK. However, it doesn't work.

I have installed, rebooted and rebooted, uninstalled rebooted, reinstalled rebooted. I've installed via the article directions using Preware, and also a tried with Quick install.

The pre is in developer mode, but I cannot get it to work on my pre.

I'd love it if anyone had an idea what would be wrong, and how I can fix it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Heyyyyyyyyyy

How come MY GlossyBlue theme doesnt have my name on it, like all the rest?

*sniff* and I thought I was like a star.. guess not..
    i still want your autograph...
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prenoob View Post
    I am receiving this error as well on my "Rooted" Pre: "ERROR An error occurred while attempting to run /var/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.virtual-keyboard.postinst (err1)".

Any suggestions (I hope I did not miss the post which had a fix/solution to this ... if so my apologies and a simple direction would suffice)?

I'm having the same message. Anyone have an idea why?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    what did you do wrong. i have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningwarrior08 View Post
    well here is my theme that i created..nothing really special took about an hour or so.[IMG][/IMG]
    You didn't post a zip. We can't link to it....
    Quote Originally Posted by vixijo View Post
    installed on-screen keyboard via preware, now pre (hardware) keyboard does not work!
    any suggestions?
    they have absolutelynothing to do with each other.
    to those of u who would like messaging app in landscape i have created the patch it is in this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...landscape.html <--click on it lol

this was the best i could do with it !

Last edited by fritos1406; 08/28/2009 at 10:48 PM.

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    so im takin it that theres no landscape mode for texts?? if there isnt may i suggest sumone fix this problem ASAP!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    Ok, I followed the instructions precisely for installed the OSK. However, it doesn't work.

I have installed, rebooted and rebooted, uninstalled rebooted, reinstalled rebooted. I've installed via the article directions using Preware, and also a tried with Quick install.

The pre is in developer mode, but I cannot get it to work on my pre.

I'd love it if anyone had an idea what would be wrong, and how I can fix it.

Thanks!
    it is almost absolutely certainthat at some point in the past you have installed a patch to the framwork file.

You may for instance have a failed previous installation of the older version of the keyboard.

You need to restore the framework file and re-boot your pre.

The file that you need to restore can be found in the webos doctor. the path in the doctor is as follows:

webOSDoctor.jar\resources\webOS.tar\.\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\.\usr\palm\frameworks\mojo\builtins\

the file is palmInitFramework191_15.jsjsjs

it can be restored using webos quick install.

It should be restored to \usr\palm\frameworks\mojo\builtins\

that should fix your problem
    Quote Originally Posted by cinoreal View Post
    I want to make the keyboard black how do you do that?
    follow the instructions on the wiki
    Thanks for your work on this patch. After reading your crystal clear instructions, I installed the patch in 10 minutes. Great work!
    thank you so much a few bugs...

Enter button doesn't always work along with the backspace button. For example trying to type password and you need to backspace or hit enter to log in.
    I got bored, and decided I wanted the light version of my theme, so I made it. Pretty much the same thing, but inverted. I packaged it up along with the dark version, so if you want both, they're together in the zip. Feedback appreciated!

Sleek Light and Dark

And to save time, I've gotten some mail about how to install, so another repeat of the directions(note, only how to change theme, not install keyboard):
    1. Download the themes I made from the link I provided on my post.
    2. Unzip it.
    3. Plug your phone into your computer, and set it to USB mode.
    4. Then open up the folder for the Pre.
    5. There's a folder titled Virtual Keyboard, open that, and then open the themes folder.
    6. Copy the folder and contents you downloaded, and paste it in the Pre's theme folder.
    7. Now, go back to the main virtual keyboard folder, and open the json file(only file that isn't a folder) with notepad.
    8. It's going to look confusing and have random stuff, but look where it says Theme. It then says "remix_ice" assuming you have the default keyboard.
    9. Change "remix_ice" to "sleek_dark" or "sleek_light" save the file, and eject your Pre.
    10. All done, launch it like you would normally.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    any word on getting this installed without rooting? I thought of myself as ok with tech stuff, I went through the instructions and I'm not sure I'm going to try this... Too much hacking for me, tried it once before and my Pre went poot (had to get a new one). I don't need to have it on file coaster, the quick install I have running too....
    Quote Originally Posted by Robdmau View Post
    any word on getting this installed without rooting? I thought of myself as ok with tech stuff, I went through the instructions and I'm not sure I'm going to try this... Too much hacking for me, tried it once before and my Pre went poot (had to get a new one). I don't need to have it on file coaster, the quick install I have running too....
    quick install does it now. Go to the wiki. Read. No rooting required.

Really. Go read the wiki.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Lol as Im typing this from the on screen keyboard!

many thanks to the creator of this and will donate.
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    OK I wanted a place where we could keep a list of all the bugs and functionality requests for the onscreen keyboard. I want to add all the requests/ideas from the community and developers alike. I will update this post with all To-Do items.

Please read the following in order to install the patch:

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Applying Patches - WebOS Internals

The patch should be found (on Pre) in:

/opt/src/modifications/frameworks/add-onscreen-keyboard.patch

Folow these instructions to install the patch AND the theme images (NOTE: must be root)

INSTALL (same for Pre and Emulator)
    Code:
    cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    git pull
    sh install_kb
    USAGE
    On the Pre, double-tap the gesture area while a textfield is active.
    On the Emulator, double-tap page-up key while a textfield is active.

Change Log

8/13/09 - Fixes
    • Functional backspace, space and enter keys added.

I ran into some issues getting the enter key to work correctly, so that is the reason for the delay. I just want to get this part out so the keyboard can actually be used to send messages. I will continue to work on the list.

8/16/09 - Fixes
    • Added functional shift and sym capabilities.
    • Added landscape mode resize.

8/18/09 - Fixes/Enhancements
    • Added theme capabilities
    • Changed default theme to use remix2000's images (big thanks!)
    • Added missing symbols
    • Fixed landscape mode to correctly render in landscape if launched from that state.

Thanks again to remix2000 for the nice keyboard images. I'll have specs up eventually for the images/theme framework once I implement a user-app callable way to switch themes.

8/18/09 (evening) - Fixes/Enhancements
    • Increased width of keyboard to span entire screen
    • Added orange-key functionality
    • Made keyboard draggable after tapping blank key
    • Added haptic feedback

Enjoy!

8/21/09 - Fixes/Enhancements
    • Added support for Emulator (pageup will mimic gesture tap, double-tap for keyboard)
    • Separated themes from palm framework
    • Added customizable options and themes via .json files
    • Shrink keys when "active", i.e. shift, orange, sym...
    • Changed keyboard to come up with double-tap of gesture area (within 600ms)
    • Enabled usage within search fields (messaging/email apps etc...)
    • Changed position calculations to render keyboard as low as possible without covering cursor on initialization

8/26/09 - Fixes/Enhancements
    • Fixed duplication problem in messaging apps
    • Fixed symbols appearing in tasks app.
    • Fixed dragger not to interact with scene
    • Modified keyboard to allow scene interactions when touching outside of the keyboard. As long as a tap is inside the keyboard, it should not effect the scene. A tap outside of the keyboard should be passed to the scene controller, and not dismiss the keyboard. Tap the gesture area, enter (submit+dismiss), or anything on the hard keyboard to dismiss virtual keyboard.

8/26/09 (PM) - Fixes/Enhancements
    • Allow dragger to drag to bottom of screen regardless of cursor position (user control)
    • Send newline to textfields along with enter key event when enter is pressed
    • Close the keyboard only when gesture area is tapped

Known Issues

8/26/09
    • Auto-Correct is not functional (SmartTextEngine is handled in libWebKitLuna.so, so might need plugin to add this support)
    • backspace/enter do not work in webview textfields (The textfields in webview seem to be handled by the browser adapter plugin).
    • Sym key re-draws and re-positions the keyboard, should at least not re-position.
    • Clipboard, orange-scroll and shift-highlight do not operate with virtual keyboard
    • There is no way to bring up Global Search without pressing a key on the hard keyboard. One idea is to add a top-bar item in between the app menu and device menu that will launch Global Search with the virtual keyboard displayed. The virtual keyboard already works properly once the Global Search is in the foreground (i.e. after a hard keypress)
    • Explore T9-type, limited-width keyboard options
    • Hide kb when focus changes from text box (e.g. landscape in web browser, text box goes away)
    • Notifications and probably other scene re-sizes do not move the keyboard, however the textfields move and this may put them beneath the virtual keyboard. Keyboard should be able to adjust with the scene.

All donations are greatly appreciated. I offer my sincere thanks in advance. Thank you very much, and I hope everyone enjoys the keyboard.

ive had a few prblems with this patch. when i installed this patch it does not allow me to get any of my alerts for txts and emails unless my pre is on and not in standby or sleep mode. is there a way to fix this problem?

i had to undo the patch to make the problem go away so im sure its the patch. i like the keyboard but i cant keep missing txt messages. the only way i know i have them is if i keep checking my inbox every few mins. thats very annoying. thanks