Page 33 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaSwaggSoSiQ View Post
    when i launch preware it gives me a message saying " org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running" any ideas on how to get this running so i can download via preware?

me too!
    when i launch preware it gives me a message saying " org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running" any ideas on how to get this running so i can download via preware?
    you did not install ipkgservice before you installed preware.

You must install ipkg service. Do that. You may need to restart your phone. Then Preware will run.
    whats a good text editor to use to edit the .json file because my computer wont open it.
    What os? In windows use wordpad, In mac use text editor in Linux use any editor.
    it doesnt even give me the option to " open with " and im on windows
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I was not one of those people dying for an onscreen keyboard. However, after having used it a little while, well, let's just say that it feels like it should have been native.

Great job EMoney!!

I'd love to be able to use the keyboard to search my waypoints in Sprint Navigation.

Thank you so much for your hard work. A donation is imminent..
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Someone requested a glossier version of my original theme - here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    join us in chat.freenode.net in #webos for detailed tech support.

But, bring up wordpad, select file open and then ALL FILES and navigate to it.

Your computer is being weird. Force it to do what you ask.
    my computer is being retarded can someone please pm me the .json file with the " ice theme" string and one with easys new glossy theme PLEASE.....thanx in advance.
    would be cool if the keyboard pops up on the notificationsbar but great work
    what version?..my vista Ult gave me 2 radio buttons...have it give you a list...and choose wordpad.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    ANY patch can now be turned into something that can be installed by Preware or WebOS Quick Install.
    Fine.....but specifically the dialpad. Is there a "dialpad" patch available??

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    OK, I am so flippin lost... I have the WEBOS Quickinstall, But I can not find the "package manager and Preware" to be able to get to a point of installing this.
    whats a good text editor to use to edit the .json file because my computer wont open it.
    The easiest way, is to just download the file to your PC then you can edit it with any editor.. MINE of choice is TextPad, but anything, even note pad would work
    Never mind. I found screen shots for the *****, me!
    Quote Originally Posted by thetreoguys View Post
    Ok I installed it via Preware and confirmed it is there said installed but how do i use it??? Did I miss something?
    There is a very detailed explanation of how to use the keyboard, and the details of installation and such on the wiki at

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

PLEASE people (not just thetreoguy) visit the wiki Forums scroll by so FAST. The wiki is stable. Please Please read the nice wiki page. Thank you.

(This post edited to remove rudeness. I'm really sorry for that.)
    Last edited by rboatright; 08/28/2009 at 01:47 PM. Reason: -rude
    I am not rooted but followed the instructions here and

It works! It works! It works!

I have an on-screen keyboard!

A little wierd at times stilll but...

It works! It works! It works!

I have an on-screen keyboard!

- Craig
    Ok got it working, reapplied the patch. Not too shabby. The physical keyboard still prime but an OSK is nice to have on the pinch.
    My first NEW KB theme, and some info to maybe help others..

OK, it really was very easy..

Just did a glossy blue, for now

glossyblue.jpg

If anyone wants my glossy_blue, here is the folder with the images

Just 2 small things to remember..

first, which is obvious, make sure you change that kb_config.json to reflect the folder name of your new theme. That file is located in:

/media/internal/virtual-keyboard/

I called mine glossy_blue, and uploaded it via WinSCP (also had to run a putty session to get rw perms) to the

/media/internal/virtual-keyboard/themes

I just added the whole new folder with the new images

Now HERE is what snagged me for a few seconds..

NOT only do you have to have ALL the new images IN that new folder, that your reference in kb_config.json , but you need the image/index file, which is theme_config.json. you can really just make a copy of this from any of the existing theme folders as its just a key - image mapping file

Hope that helps someone..

I really REALLY need to be doing some $$ creating WORK now.. ughhh , tho Id sure MUCH rather be doing more PRE PLAYING!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dianehelen; 08/29/2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: add file
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    you MUST BE IN A TEXT INPUT FIELD for the keyboard to come up.

Open up a new memo, and try double tapping.
    Yea. I tried it in the txt messanger, insert url, and memo. No go. gonna uninstall the patch.