Page 32 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Guys i have one very important question. When palm releases a new update, how do i uninstall the virtual keyboard patch??.....will the preware application be able to remove the patch for me, or will i have to uninstall Preware. Please i need a detailed step-by-step instruction. I want to know what to do when that time comes.

Thanks in advance
    2 steps.

1) Start Preware
    2) Remove the Virtual Keyboard package

You do not need to remove Preware or the GNU Patch Binary or any other non-patch package.

We take the full life-cycle of packages very seriously. Just being able to install a package is not good enough. You need to be able to get updates and easily and cleanly uninstall packages too.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Ok, for some reason I posted this and it didn't show up. My transparent theme:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks, I just hope I remember to uninstall before updating.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    2 steps.

1) Start Preware
    2) Remove the Virtual Keyboard package

You do not need to remove Preware or the GNU Patch Binary or any other non-patch package.

-- Rod
    Thank you very much !!!..now i will start installing when i get back to my house..Excellent work guys!!!..i know the palm people will be very proud of you guys for the great work you all have put to make this device a world class!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCCCnME View Post
    As an example I downloaded Eazy123 first theme (which is a few pages back). I downloaded the zip file then unzipped it.

Then I made a new folder and put it on my desktop and sent all the files in the zip folder over to my new folder.

I then put my Pre in USB mode and opened up the virtual keyboard folder. I then drug my new folder into the themes folder.

Lastly open up the kb_config.json with your text editor and just input the name of the folder you drug into the themes folder.

I named my new folder eazys_theme so after I was done my commands looked like this:

{
    "haptic": 50,
    "clickFile": "click1.wav",
    "theme": "eazys_theme"
    }

and everything worked great.

Ahhhh GREAT! So the config file WILL see a new dir with a whole new theme!

Ok, then, when I feel a burst of creative energy I will have to do that..

For now Im good with the classic remix one
    ive installed it every way i can( except root) and i cant get the keyboard to work. any help for a prenoob
    Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    Ahhhh GREAT! So the config file WILL see a new dir with a whole new theme!
    Yes, Eric and I designed it so that new themes could be distributed as separate packages and just drop in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some keyboard theme packages in some of the feeds sometime soon ... Preware will be able to install and remove them.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabigappledadon View Post
    Thank you very much !!!..now i will start installing when i get back to my house..Excellent work guys!!!..i know the palm people will be very proud of you guys for the great work you all have put to make this device a world class!!
    Well, I've been waiting for a second response from Palm after my initial contact with their developer relations group over two weeks ago ... so I doubt that we really figure all that much in their marketing or development plans for the Pre.

(I'm still hoping they will send me an advance version of the GSM Pre to work in Australia ...)

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandosilva View Post
    ive installed it every way i can( except root) and i cant get the keyboard to work. any help for a prenoob
    use preware the frontpage tells you how.
    Success!!!!!!.yes!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    ok i got the transparent blue keyboard how do u get the dark blue..plus the backspace doesnt work on the web when using it in landscape mode..it does work in txt messaging tho

edit: also is it normal for rebooting to take longer than 2 minutes or so after all these tweaks
    Last edited by maxima2k53; 08/28/2009 at 11:42 AM.
    Ok, I know most of you don't care right now cos:

1. It's too early
    2. You're American, so why should you

But I'd like to know, at least in theory:
    Is multi-language support as easy as creating new keyboard files (json or whatever they are) or is it harder like the backspace bug and therefore it will be a while before it's implemented (if implemented at all)?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by symos View Post

1. It's too early

Is multi-language support as easy as creating new keyboard files (json or whatever they are) or is it harder like the backspace bug and therefore it will be a while before it's implemented (if implemented at all)?

Thanks.
    some of us americans r latinos 2 like me...
    when i launch preware it gives me a message saying " org.webosinternals.ipkgservice is not running" any ideas on how to get this running so i can download via preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by symos View Post

1. It's too early

Thanks.
    It's as easy as 1) creating new keyboard json files and 2) creating new theme images files reflecting those and 3) dropping them into the correct folders.

Do not, however, dismiss the complexity of (1) which is "tricky."
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, Eric and I designed it so that new themes could be distributed as separate packages and just drop in.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see some keyboard theme packages in some of the feeds sometime soon ... Preware will be able to install and remove them.

-- Rod
    What about being able to change the dialpad background without rooting. is it possible to do this the same way as installing the virtual keyboard???
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    The wiki with instructions for installing new themes and configuring the keyboard has been updated at

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals

Please check it before asking. Or if you see something wrong, please fix it.

Rick
    Quote Originally Posted by IGoDwnTwn34 View Post
    What about being able to change the dialpad background without rooting. is it possible to do this the same way as installing the virtual keyboard???
    ANY patch can now be turned into something that can be installed by Preware or WebOS Quick Install.
    i used preware, webos quick install. and when i double tap its a no go. I guess im one of the few that has like a pre-software issue. I would like for it to work, but i love my phone enough to not care just yet about it. Although i am starting to feel an itch of a desire for anything I can get on my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by orlandosilva View Post
    i used preware, webos quick install. and when i double tap its a no go. I guess im one of the few that has like a pre-software issue. I would like for it to work, but i love my phone enough to not care just yet about it. Although i am starting to feel an itch of a desire for anything I can get on my pre.
    you MUST BE IN A TEXT INPUT FIELD for the keyboard to come up.

Open up a new memo, and try double tapping.