Page 3 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
    using the process on the web page, you remove the patch, and then re-apply with the new patch
    Thanks
    as soon as i get paid you get donated great work man
    I've downloaded the optaware package and quilt manager from the command prompt on windows 32 bit. I don't have wifi at my house. only a mobile broadband card. Now do I need to download something called putty. If I need to download this, when it opens wat options do i press. I don't have wifi so i have to do this through usb. do i even need putty or can i just use the command prompt. help plz!
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MOE-GUNZ View Post
    Whats missing?

I plan on doing this tomorrow.

1) question if I install the patch but then you update the patch, what do I do. Do I have to remove anything or just re-patch using the updated way and that will rewrite the code?
    Well it isn't fully functional yet for one because there is no way to put a space when typing, a few other things as well. He has listed all of this as known issues already.
    thanks for the contribute... (Needs a space, backspace, and numbers.)
    Quote Originally Posted by djpeterman View Post
    thanks for the contribute... (Needs a space, backspace, and numbers.)
    DUH. Again, folks, the problem with forum threads on this sort of project is that the comments the developer MAKES are lost as the thread scrolls on down.

Please PRETTY PLEASE visit the wiki page and review the bugs etc list there.

And if you have comments and new buts PUT THEM THERE TOO.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpremaniac View Post
    I've downloaded the optaware package and quilt manager from the command prompt on windows 32 bit. I don't have wifi at my house. only a mobile broadband card. Now do I need to download something called putty. If I need to download this, when it opens wat options do i press. I don't have wifi so i have to do this through usb. do i even need putty or can i just use the command prompt. help plz!
    You will have to use Palm's Official SDK methods to root into your Pre. To do this follow the below quote.

1.) Download the Palm SDK.
    - For help on Installing it your can look here. If you are using Windows 7, go here to find how to install it.

2.) Enable Dev Mode on your Pre.
    - Type upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart on to your Pre (Universal Search) and a icon will popup. Using it to turn on dev mode and let it reboot the device.

3.) If you are using Mac or Linux then just go to a Terminal and type novaterm. Otherwise, for Windows users open Command Prompt and type novacom -t open tty://.

4.) Now you are connected.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    DUH. Again, folks, the problem with forum threads on this sort of project is that the comments the developer MAKES are lost as the thread scrolls on down.

Please PRETTY PLEASE visit the wiki page and review the bugs etc list there.

And if you have comments and new buts PUT THEM THERE TOO.
    That site is not really as user friendly as forums. I would hate having to lookk at that site for comments, however a bug list cool.
    Will PreWare be able to install this?
    So it will also work for web and text messages???!!
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    So it will also work for web and text messages???!!
    The goal is to get it to work for anything that would work with the hardware keyboard. In its current version it works for all non-search textboxes (i.e. does not respond to search box in contacts/email apps). It works for text messaging and the web browser currently, though with limitations. Keep an eye on the wiki or first post in this thread for the up-to-date to-do/bug list.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdethree View Post
    Will PreWare be able to install this?
    no.

Eventually someone will write "auto-patcher" but no one has. It is POSSIBLE to write auto-patcher, but it will need to be run from a pc, not from on the pre.
    can someone make this into one simple command? Is that even possible?
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Request: Please keep this thread about the onscreen keyboard, bugs, feature suggestions, etc.

If you need help accessing linux, applying the patch, etc, please search the forum and post questions there instead, otherwise it just clutters up this thread.

Just one less thing to slow down development of this awesome patch in progress!
    The only problem I see with this is the following:

If you have to push the "sym" button to bring up the keyboard you made, I might as well type the damn text with the physical.

I do love the landscape keyboard and all, but they need to make it pop up with the center button. I dont want to pull out the keyboard, hit a button to bring up the virtual keyboard, then close the physical so I an type on the screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    The only problem I see with this is the following:

If you have to push the "sym" button to bring up the keyboard you made, I might as well type the damn text with the physical.

I do love the landscape keyboard and all, but they need to make it pop up with the center button. I dont want to pull out the keyboard, hit a button to bring up the virtual keyboard, then close the physical so I an type on the screen...
    try this, open up a conversation in SMS, and tap the gesture area, keyboard pops up. no sym key.

can't get a url entry box in landscape mode I see, but at the least trying to make a new post here, in landscape mode, just requires tapping the gesture area to bring up the landscape keyboard.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    try this, open up a conversation in SMS, and tap the gesture area, keyboard pops up. no sym key.

can't get a url entry box in landscape mode I see, but at the least trying to make a new post here, in landscape mode, just requires tapping the gesture area to bring up the landscape keyboard.
    I can't type in the address areas of SMS and email. Am I doing something wrong?

The address bar in the web browser disappears in the landscape view and can't get it to show up again. I flicker down as previous post suggested, but it's not showing up.

Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks,

JD
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I can't type in the address areas of SMS and email. Am I doing something wrong?

The address bar in the web browser disappears in the landscape view and can't get it to show up again. I flicker down as previous post suggested, but it's not showing up.

Anyone else having these problems?

Thanks,

JD

Currently the search boxes are not working with it (SMS, email, contacts).

Also I think that (landscape mode) is a feature/bug in Palm's web browser app, don't know if it can be changed (at least not yet without a patch).
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I didn't realize that the address field were search boxes. I guess it make sense now that you mention it, since they do "search" for the names.