Page 24 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    emoney_33,

Thanks for all of your hard work. This is a great patch!!

Is it not possible to bring up the keyboard to do the universal search?

Ideally, double tapping the gesture area would be the best choice, but a launcher shortcut would be good also.

Just donated.

The universal search isn't as straight forward because there is nothing in the Mojo that picks up the gesture tap from the main screen.
    got it installed, sweet

double tapping gesture brings up keyboard. what steps to bring DOWN keyboard?

Also, found a bug in the app Twee, enter key does not submit..only drops the keyboard
  3.    #463  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    got it installed, sweet

double tapping gesture brings up keyboard. what steps to bring DOWN keyboard?

Also, found a bug in the app Twee, enter key does not submit..only drops the keyboard
    tap the gesture area, hit enter or hit any key on the hard keyboard to dismiss virtual keyboard.

Is Twee a homebrew app?
    Yeh, homebrew but will be submitted to app catalog..

Not sure if you know but backspace is not working on websites (ie precentral message boards)
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    The backspace issue in Webview has been mentioned.

@emoney Thanks again for this amazing work. Would it be possible to make it optional for the "Enter" key to dismiss the keyboard? I use Enter a lot when typing, so the virtual keyboard isn't as useful to me if I can't use it.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
  6.    #466  
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob13 View Post
    The backspace issue in Webview has been mentioned.

@emoney Thanks again for this amazing work. Would it be possible to make it optional for the "Enter" key to dismiss the keyboard? I use Enter a lot when typing, so the virtual keyboard isn't as useful to me if I can't use it.

Yes I will look into that
    jus want to say thanks... i have one handed operation now
    Could you please add to the symbol key smiley characters?

That would be sweeeeeet
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Yes I will look into that
    Thanks a bunch. I also saw that you fixed the glitch I mentioned in the Tasks app. I appreciate that. I love what you're doing here and just donated to the cause. Keep up the great work!
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    The universal search isn't as straight forward because there is nothing in the Mojo that picks up the gesture tap from the main screen.
    I see.

Is it possible to create an app. (find) that can be launched? If it's possible, I guess we can have it on the quick launch bar and do a quick 1 hand search.

I guess I didn't understand your statement of:

"One idea is to add a top-bar item in between the app menu and device menu that will launch Global Search with the virtual keyboard displayed"
  11.    #471  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonsdad View Post
    I see.

Is it possible to create an app. (find) that can be launched? If it's possible, I guess we can have it on the quick launch bar and do a quick 1 hand search.

I guess I didn't understand your statement of:

"One idea is to add a top-bar item in between the app menu and device menu that will launch Global Search with the virtual keyboard displayed"

By top-bar I mean the strip on the top of the main screen with the clock, battery icon etc... Those are straight forward Mojo applications listening to tap events in that area. It would definitely be possible to create an app that puts a keyboard icon next to the clock and brings up global search + virtual keyboard when tapped.

I will most likely be looking into making a plugin to solve many problems at once that exist due to inability to see/handle things from the Mojo. If any other developer would like to add this search-launcher app, I can give some pointers and direction.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hi,

I installed the patch yesterday and updated it today with the 8/26 update (working great, awesome work everyone), and in both cases, when I use the "remix_glossy" theme, the buttons are dark gray but are rounded -- they are NOT squared-off like the screenshot you have in the main post and on the webOs internals page.

Can someone confirm whether or not the remix_glossy theme files should have rounded buttons or more squared-off buttons like the default remix_ice theme?

Thank you.
  13.    #473  
    Quote Originally Posted by computrav View Post
    Hi,

I installed the patch yesterday and updated it today with the 8/26 update (working great, awesome work everyone), and in both cases, when I use the "remix_glossy" theme, the buttons are dark gray but are rounded -- they are NOT squared-off like the screenshot you have in the main post and on the webOs internals page.

Can someone confirm whether or not the remix_glossy theme files should have rounded buttons or more squared-off buttons like the default remix_ice theme?

Thank you.
    That is the remix_glossy theme, the screenshots are of the remix_classic theme.
    is a DELETE possible with onscreen or hardware keyboard?
  15.    #475  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    is a DELETE possible with onscreen or hardware keyboard?
    I do not understand the question?
    delete function. delete key, erase the character to the right of the cursor.
  17.    #477  
    delete function. delete key, erase the character to the right of the cursor.

Yes backspace works. Although the backspace on virtual keyboard does not work in textfields within webview.
    not backspace but delete.
  19.    #479  
    not backspace but delete.
    oh to the right of cursor, no there is no del key on either keyboard that I know of.
    Is there any chance of being able to install the with WebOSQuick Install any time soon?