Page 22 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkheart777 View Post
    seriously peeps...am I missing a command or something, cause it is extremely simple to download the patch that is already in the patches once quilt is installed...but the patch doesnt do anything. So when I go to the actually keyboard page in wiki and follow THOSE instructions....its even similar....and still nothin....the patch is installed successfully...no errors or anything accept that the command on the keyboard wiki page ends up pushing ALL the patches that i have "on board" through quilt... and i only get one error for a messaging patch...but the keyboard patch goes through fine...but i tap tap tap away and nothin...

Possible issues I can think of:

A) Patch did not install correctly

B) Attempt a reboot

C) Double-tap the gesture area brings up the keyboard, but it takes a second to render. If you triple-tap it will close it since a single tap to the gesture area closes the keyboard when it is open. Try a quick double-tap and give it a second.

If all else fails, join the irc channel to get help debugging.
    Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    How do you change the themes?
    Plug your phone in usb and look in the folder tree for Virtual keyboard. Open the theme file in notepad and change the name to match the correct theme folder you want to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    Plug your phone in usb and look in the folder tree for Virtual keyboard. Open the theme file in notepad and change the name to match the correct theme folder you want to use.
    ty
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I am a hir away from rooting just to get this piece of software. I really want an onscreen keyboard
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflores View Post
    hey emoney have you been working on the issue of bringing up the address bar in landscape mode?? or is that not possible??

It should definitely be possible. As to how difficult, I don't know as I haven't delved into the browser app yet. It's something I would like to get done down the line if no one gets it done before then. But currently I think it is better to focus on resolving the many issues still remaining with the keyboard.
    my backspace works, i just removed it and installed
    ok I got it installed and it works great, but iwas wondering how do I change the theme. Right now I have the clear one but i prefer the black one. Looks more official.
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    when i was following this guide: Applying Patches - WebOS Internals it says to make sure you are in the cd / directory when applying the quilt...when i was installing this patch i wasnt in that directory but it still worked..do i have nething to worry about?

you change the theme by editing the theme file in found in the "virtual keyboard" file when you connect your pre USB mode. You just have to change the theme name to the theme you want ( you can find the names in the "theme" folder)
    Last edited by edbtzy; 08/24/2009 at 10:53 PM.
    thanks i got it.
    Beautiful work! your instructions were awesome. Installed and works like a charm.
    Btw, how much of a factor does haptic have on battery life, if at all?
    Anyway to speed up the slight lag while typing?
    just donated. Sounds too technical to install though. Scared to make fatal mistake.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    I had seen your response as far as not rooting, and thought to myself how I was in your shoes just a few days before, this really isn't that hard THANKS to the guys and gals doing all the real work here at precentral. Glad you got your stuff up and running......
    Yep, thanks a bunch emoney and everyone who's working on these improvements. @dingwall1 It's funny you say that about not rooting. I'm already seeing other users go through the same cycle I did (i.e., "rooting is scary," "this hack is cool," "I'll try rooting," "I love it," etc.).
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    1) The only known bug with enter not working is in webview, neither backspace nor enter work in webview pages.

2) Glitch, good find.
    Thanks. I'll check out what's going on for me. I can't use enter on the virtual keyboard at all. I can use backspace anywhere except webview pages.
    Rob Robinson
    I updated mine from a previous version using the:

cd /opt/src/modifications/frameworks
    git pull
    sh install_kb

and things came up fine after reboot. Thanks!!! Actually, it deserves a big THUMBS Up because it works very well...more responsive then previous versions in both Portrait and Landscape. Enter Key closes the keyboard, but doesn't send the notion to the input box to continue...but that is okay and still better then opening the keyboard and switch display views.

Not thing I can't figure out is...when I applied the patch above...it also applied the Launcher: Allows More Icons Per Row patch that I thought I initiated previously. Actually, I know I did since I manually adjusted the CSS settings to show 4 icons per page instead of the default 5 which appears by default.

Back to my point...how does the command above apply the patches I've downloaded seperate from the virtual keyboard interface? I'd prefer clearing out previous installs and only applying this one when I follow your instructions, but either way it can be fixed and thanks for the help.

Keep up the great work and we're looking forward to the easier install...though it really wasn't that bad if you've already rooted.

Sorli...
    count among the masses following closely for a non-root option...
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Does this patch change any code for the browser? I notice after I downloaded the patch that when I'm at a website and try to go to another website, nothing happens. Anyone else having this issue?
    just wanna show u guys what i have done to the browser just for all those that will be using the keyboard and trust it has a good feeling being on landscape orientation on the pre...the urlbar will be on any side when it is rotated too. only thing im stuck is when u click the urlbar it becomes small im hoping someone can help me with that?

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    just wanna show u guys what i have done to the browser just for all those that will be using the keyboard and trust it has a good feeling being on landscape orientation on the pre...the urlbar will be on any side when it is rotated too.
    That looks fantastic. Great work!
    Rob Robinson
    Thanks it was so much i had to put alot though in just 3 files but it was fast like a 10 minute thing

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    Does anyone have a problem that the Kb wont always pop up after double gesture. I find myself having to close out the messaging cards and reopening it so that it works. anybody else have this problem.