Page 2 of 152 FirstFirst 12345671252102 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Sure
    2 will probably not happen because there is no way from the app-level to control what happens in other apps widgets (e.g. textfields). Although hopefully Palm will incorporate this functionality into future releases.
    That makes sense. I may take a stab at rooting eventually then, but for now I'll just observe from a distance. Thanks for taking this challenge on.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by emoney_33 View Post
    Hmmm Ok I would like to work with you. Did you follow all of the steps in the wiki above? Did you receive any errors?
    everything went flawlessly, no errors. I had already installed quilt before, but never any patches with it, so i followed it to a T. I even went back to try and import it again and it said "patch applied". I also tried every method of restart, ie luna and reboot.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Make sure you are clicking in a text field. I thought I messed something up until I went into an email and clicked.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtemple33 View Post
    everything went flawlessly, no errors. I had already installed quilt before, but never any patches with it, so i followed it to a T. I even went back to try and import it again and it said "patch applied". I also tried every method of restart, ie luna and reboot.
    Are you in a text field and are you tapping the gesture area (not the sym key)
    oh haha. I didn't read where it said to use the gesture area to pull it up. thanks now it works like a charm
    Well I did notice something now that gets a bit annoying. When you swipe on the gesture area left or right, if the card you are swiping to has text input, it opens up the keyboard right away. Sometimes I would guess we wouldnt want that to happen. Well, maybe it will be less bothersome when it has all the keys, including space.
    Not to worry tho, im not criticizing your creation, this is really IMO the best patch made to date for webOS.
    ^^^ What I mean is I'd like the keyboard to come up only when you TAP the gesture area, not SWIPE it.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by abiezerf View Post
    ^^^ What I mean is I'd like the keyboard to come up only when you TAP the gesture area, not SWIPE it.

I would have to agree with this... put it on the to-do list

And don't worry about criticizing, that's part of what this thread is for .
    Just patched it. It's awesome. Will come in handy for those one-word texts or searches. Can't wait for a landscape keyboard and space and backspace
    Wiki page updated with full patch.

On Screen Keyboard - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Just patched it. It's awesome. Will come in handy for those one-word texts or searches. Can't wait for a landscape keyboard and space and backspace
    It works in landscape now. Since it's an extension of the existing palm symbol keyboard it inherits those characteristics.
    When on a current web page, how do you bring up the text box to enter a URL?

If you use the physical keyboard and start typing the text box will show up, and then you can use the on-screen keyboard... but is there a way to bring the textbox up without opening the keyboard? (I guess I'm asking a more general Pre question than if this specific beta patch has the ability, as I'm sure it will in the future).

I'm loving the progress though keep it up!
    to open the text box while on a web page just scroll your finger on the screen down, and the text box for the url will appear at the top.
    I've installed mytether and myflashlight but i'm not sure if i'll be able to download this. For those apps' all I needed to do was plug in my pre and open up a command prompt. I assume for this you'll need wifi which I don't have at my house. I use a mobile broadband card for the internet so I can't ssh. I'm not sure if I need wifi. I have a windows computer and also a linux computer. Are there any alternatives?
    you do not need ssh over wifi
    you can do anything you need to do using novacomm without ssh.

You can do this over the usb cable.

If your windows is not Vista64 or Windows 7 64 bit, you can do it using the windows novaterm. If it is, you can use the linux ssh command over the usb
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpremaniac View Post
    I've installed mytether and myflashlight but i'm not sure if i'll be able to download this. For those apps' all I needed to do was plug in my pre and open up a command prompt. I assume for this you'll need wifi which I don't have at my house. I use a mobile broadband card for the internet so I can't ssh. I'm not sure if I need wifi. I have a windows computer and also a linux computer. Are there any alternatives?
    You should be able to connect the Pre via usb... then open novaproxy.py then putty... allowing you access to linux.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Got the patch to work, not quite there but a huge step in the right direction, awesome work!
    hey guys. i have a simple question. Can this be done with a mac. If so is it as simple as gaining root access and adding the script or is there something else involved?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberelex View Post
    hey guys. i have a simple question. Can this be done with a mac. If so is it as simple as gaining root access and adding the script or is there something else involved?
    I'm on a mac and it all works flawlessly, just use terminal to do all of the command line stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ryan View Post
    Got the patch to work, not quite there but a huge step in the right direction, awesome work!
    Whats missing?

I plan on doing this tomorrow.

1) question if I install the patch but then you update the patch, what do I do. Do I have to remove anything or just re-patch using the updated way and that will rewrite the code?